Found Deceased AZ - Angela Tramonte, 31, hiking w/ off-duty LE, met on Instagram, Phoenix, 30 Jul 2021

What is VERY suspicious is that police officers are trained to HELP people in distress. He is either a real jerk, or something nefarious happened. The text messages in that video are very creepy referring to putting a woman in the trunk. Then she references him as a killer, not saying he is in any way, but he had a blatant disregard for human life by letting her walk in an unfamiliar area, in those temperatures, without water. I would think they could sue him civilly for wrongful death, I know I would be. He should have known she could have died by getting lost in this unfamiliar area, and die of heat exhaustion/dehydration. I hope a good civil lawyer steps up for this family!!!!!!!!

Looking at photos of Echo Canyon Trail, I see lots of older and/or overweight people hiking this trail with big smiles and no signs of fatigue.

Reading the description of the hike, it is 2.46 miles total, with an estimated round trip time of 2 - 3 hours. If Ms. Tramonte turned around, it must have been well before the halfway point, meaning her total time without water would have been roughly 2 hours maximum, possibly much less.

There were people around. There were no heat related trail closures.

I feel for the mother and Ms. Tramonte's friends, but there's just nothing here. I truly don't understand what "questions" they want answered.

Looking at photos of Echo Canyon Trail, I see lots of older and/or overweight people hiking this trail with big smiles and no signs of fatigue.

Reading the description of the hike, it is 2.46 miles total, with an estimated round trip time of 2 - 3 hours. If Ms. Tramonte turned around, it must have been well before the halfway point, meaning her total time without water would have been roughly 2 hours maximum, possibly much less.

There were people around. There were no heat related trail closures.

I feel for the mother and Ms. Tramonte's friends, but there's just nothing here. I truly don't understand what "questions" they want answered.
But your post actually raises questions. It makes it sound as though it’s unusual that she would die.

I understand that this may have been a natural event and not related to the man she was with, but considering all you say above, that it wasn’t really dangerous heat that day and she didn’t have that far to hike back, and wasn’t very long without water— it makes me understand why her mother and friends are suspicious. What do you think caused her to expire?

Hiker recalls seeing woman who died hiking with off-duty Phoenix officer on Camelback Mountain

This article states that a significant amount of amphetamine was found in AT's system:
The Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner released the report on Sept. 9, ruling that the primary cause of death was "environmental heat exposure." The report states Tramonte's death was accidental and toxicology results revealed a significant level of amphetamine in her system at the time of her death.

Amphetamine use can impact body temperature:
Amphetamine enhances endurance by increasing heat dissipation
Amphetamine is known to affect the thermoregulatory system (Borbely et al. 1974) by altering both heat production and heat dissipation. It has been previously shown that amphetamine increases the temperature at which exhaustion occurs at a high ambient temperature, producing a risk of developing exertional heat stroke (Zaretsky et al. 2014).

Hiker recalls seeing woman who died hiking with off-duty Phoenix officer on Camelback Mountain

This article states that a significant amount of amphetamine was found in AT's system:
The Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner released the report on Sept. 9, ruling that the primary cause of death was "environmental heat exposure." The report states Tramonte's death was accidental and toxicology results revealed a significant level of amphetamine in her system at the time of her death.

Amphetamine use can impact body temperature:
Amphetamine enhances endurance by increasing heat dissipation
Amphetamine is known to affect the thermoregulatory system (Borbely et al. 1974) by altering both heat production and heat dissipation. It has been previously shown that amphetamine increases the temperature at which exhaustion occurs at a high ambient temperature, producing a risk of developing exertional heat stroke (Zaretsky et al. 2014).
Wow, this is absolutely new to me. Thanks for posting. It explains everything, and why the man was cleared.

Do you think these were legally prescribed, because there sure are a lot of prescription amphetamines:

amphetamines-pills-250x250.jpg

There are many different amphetamines on the market.

• Adderall
  • Adderall XR
  • Ritalin
  • Ritalin-SR
  • Dextrostat
  • Dexedrine
  • Dexedrine Spansule
  • Zenzedi
  • Concerta
  • ProCentra
  • Vyvanse
  • Focalin
  • Strattera
  • Desoxyn
List of Amphetamine Drugs

Do you think these were legally prescribed, because there sure are a lot of prescription amphetamines:

amphetamines-pills-250x250.jpg

There are many different amphetamines on the market.

• Adderall
  • Adderall XR
  • Ritalin
  • Ritalin-SR
  • Dextrostat
  • Dexedrine
  • Dexedrine Spansule
  • Zenzedi
  • Concerta
  • ProCentra
  • Vyvanse
  • Focalin
  • Strattera
  • Desoxyn
List of Amphetamine Drugs

Adderall is highly valued in the sphere of people who want to be famous and photographed because it suppressed appetite. A staple of many celebrities' medicine cabinets.

But your post actually raises questions. It makes it sound as though it’s unusual that she would die.

I understand that this may have been a natural event and not related to the man she was with, but considering all you say above, that it wasn’t really dangerous heat that day and she didn’t have that far to hike back, and wasn’t very long without water— it makes me understand why her mother and friends are suspicious. What do you think caused her to expire?

Unusual, yes. Nefarious, no.

There is nothing that indicates foul play of any sort. There is no motive, and there is no opportunity.

Great point!!

Wow! Hopefully this info helps her mom move on and realize it was an accident.

At minimum, DD is a cad, a jerk, and irresponsible! Facilitating a person's travel to a new, rather hostile, environment then walking away?

An officer sworn to protect & serve?

Yeah, a wrongful death action seems reasonable here.

(My family lives 'next door' in New Mexico, the environment is my home. We carry a water bottle to walk the dogs. Yup.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Could AT have headed for the houses where she was found hoping to find water? Many homes have sprinkler systems going in their yards, and IF she saw something like that (conjecture), a hot, dehydrated person might head right for the cooling sprinklers and water.

Her companion is from AZ and should certainly know better.

Could AT have headed for the houses where she was found hoping to find water? Many homes have sprinkler systems going in their yards, and IF she saw something like that (conjecture), a hot, dehydrated person might head right for the cooling sprinklers and water.

Her companion is from AZ and should certainly know better.
In one of the articles I read it did in fact say that she had appeared to be headed toward a house; whether to find a sprinkler or to ask someone for help is unclear.

The Phoenix police department released their final report on the case earlier this week. It seems as though they didn’t make it public knowledge our local ABC channel wrote an article summarizing the final report I tried looking for a copy online but to no luck.

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-ne...oman-found-dead-at-base-of-camelback-mountain

Also I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it on here but ATs cousin has a tic tok channel where she’s talking about this whole case. her take on this is makes you feel so bad for the family.
TikTok

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back