SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
FITSNews has said...

"This incident – which is also being investigated by SLED – was soon followed by the shocking revelations that Murdaugh was battling an opioid addiction and allegedly embezzling more than $10 million from the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm where he and his family members have worked for decades."

10 million, it that winds up being the correct amount, is an awful lot of money to go missing in a three year period from lawyer's fee money accounts and not one lawyer at PMPED missed it? Don't you think it must have been taken over a longer period of time?

Do you recall where you saw that the embezzlement occurred over a period of three years?

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides

I just asked if Matt Harris' podcast "The Murdaugh Family Murders" is okay and haven't received any feedback -- going to risk saying something about what Matt reported last night.

Episode #13: Who shot Alex? + Follow the Money | The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence
Apparently AM and Buster have not been staying at Moselle -- they have been staying with one of the brothers, which is part of the reason for using that back road.

If Moselle was given to MM prior to her murder, then none of the Murdaughs should be staying there with her, including Alex. For it's my impression that when she moved in at Moselle, she had left Alex.

Maybe someone could kindly correct me if I'm wrong in this assumption.

FITSNews has said...

"This incident – which is also being investigated by SLED – was soon followed by the shocking revelations that Murdaugh was battling an opioid addiction and allegedly embezzling more than $10 million from the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm where he and his family members have worked for decades."

10 million, it that winds up being the correct amount, is an awful lot of money to go missing in a three year period from lawyer's fee money accounts and not one lawyer at PMPED missed it? Don't you think it must have been taken over a longer period of time?

I think maybe AM is a convenient scapegoat to divert attention from increasing scrutiny of the firm. The whole firm stinks to high heavens.

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Thoughts?

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
Amazing that you could pick that out -- all the recordings I've heard were redacted in such a way that I only heard a vague word or two around "Paul," with AM's sobbing and the dispatcher's voice also cluttering my reception. What you heard makes me very sad.

Thoughts?

I can’t be clear but it does sound like what you say. There is noise.

Thoughts?

I highlighted the SLED release but it wasn't the entire 911 call. However, it was a 2 minute highlight of AM's call and a narrator said the words along with the dialog written below. @LetsSolvIt , didn't we both think we heard when asked if someone was supposed to be home, AM answered no. That is how it's been translated.

Give this a listen...it's just 2 minutes.

AM also said, "My wife and child were just shot badly".

What does he mean by JUST SHOT?! Didn't he arrive according to AM, a half hour to 1 hour later than when the ME said they'd been shot?!

Sorry, don't mean to take away from what you heard @MerryB but that 2 minute ditty got in the way and surprised me.

I highlighted the SLED release but it wasn't the entire 911 call. However, it was a 2 minute highlight of AM's call and a narrator said the words along with the dialog written below. @LetsSolvIt , didn't we both think we heard when asked if someone was supposed to be home, AM answered no. That is how it's been translated.

Give this a listen...it's just 2 minutes.
Did you forget to link? What did you "highlight"?

Yes, AM had said no one was supposed to be at home. If MerryB is hearing Alex say something to the deceased PM that has all kinds of implications.

What does he mean by JUST SHOT?! Didn't he arrive according to AM, a half hour to 1 hour later than when the ME said they'd been shot?!

Sorry, don't mean to take away from what you heard @MerryB but that 2 minute ditty got in the way and surprised me.

The victims were shot, estimation, between 9 and 9:30 PM. June 7.

Alex placed the call to 911 at 10:07 PM.

The victims were very likely still warm at 10 PM, so "just shot" is accurate.

I'd have to look for the link, but I post that day's timeline a few days ago. It matters in terms of where he was between 9 and 9:30PM and how long it takes to drive from that location to Moselle.

I was confused by “I’m here now and it’s bad”. That was after he said he touched them, correct? The “now” part throws me off as it sounds like he drove up, seen them, and called. Then walked to them. Im just not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288