Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is a very interesting idea. Hopefully someone gets in contact with you!

I am a new member - I've been very interested in true crime for many years. Until this past year, my interest in true crime was limited to reading about it and watching ID and other true crime networks and programs.

In February I released a video about a local unsolved murder cold case from 2005 that I researched. I interviewed some surviving family members, and spoke with detectives in the local police department that has jurisdiction. I was hoping the video would generate some new interest and perhaps even leads in the case, but it remains unsolved.

I am now researching a different local unsolved murder case, also from 2005. I am still in the very early stages. I want to focus on local cold cases, because I can visit and photograph relevant locations, and also because my skills at doing local research, for example, press reports and news coverage, interviewing friends and family members, etc. are better at this point than my rather limited cyber sleuthing abilities, although I am trying to improve those skills of course.

I would appreciate any tips, techniques, links to online data sources, advice, etc. that anyone might be willing to offer.
Welcome to Ws Wholm Base!
Best of luck with your projects, is there a thread here for whichever cases you are researching?

HIII!

So excited to be apart of the fantastic online community. I am a true crime junkie and really want to be a voice for those who are missing or cold cases that could use some outside eyes looking at it again. I think this is a very important website that can really get people together to help find some answers for a lot of families. I am currently taking some time off from the medical field to really dive deep into some cases that I really think we can find answers too!

I have registered to Home and research daily on the charley project.
I have recently watched the chameleon killer on Netflix and am really interested in finding out who the biological daughter is of the killer that was found in the barrel and the mother who is most likely another one of his victims, genealogy reports state she has family connected to Mississippi. I live in phoenix Arizona and we have a huge homeless population here. I wanted to reach out to some mental health/ detoxing centers to see if there was a way to bring awareness to some of these missing people around here like playing cards we can hand out to these types of communities to see if this sparks any memory for some.

lets solve some crime!

HIII!

So excited to be apart of the fantastic online community. I am a true crime junkie and really want to be a voice for those who are missing or cold cases that could use some outside eyes looking at it again. I think this is a very important website that can really get people together to help find some answers for a lot of families. I am currently taking some time off from the medical field to really dive deep into some cases that I really think we can find answers too!

I have registered to Home and research daily on the charley project.
I have recently watched the chameleon killer on Netflix and am really interested in finding out who the biological daughter is of the killer that was found in the barrel and the mother who is most likely another one of his victims, genealogy reports state she has family connected to Mississippi. I live in phoenix Arizona and we have a huge homeless population here. I wanted to reach out to some mental health/ detoxing centers to see if there was a way to bring awareness to some of these missing people around here like playing cards we can hand out to these types of communities to see if this sparks any memory for some.

lets solve some crime!
Welcome to Ws!
Thinking this might be the case you are referencing..
NH - NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #3

Welcome to Ws!
Thinking this might be the case you are referencing..
NH - NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #3
This is exactly the case! the other victims found in the barrels have been identified, just the daughter of the killer and her biological mother ( who has not come forward or found) are missing or has not come forward. I also believe he has many other victims, he lived in Phoenix when he was younger and traveled here too, he also was in California and other states.

Thank you!

No, the case that I am researching does not have a thread here. I did a search for the victims name and no results were found.

Would starting a thread on this victim's case be a good idea? And where would I find the guidelines for doing that?

Welcome to Ws Wholm Base!
Best of luck with your projects, is there a thread here for whichever cases you are researching?

Thank you!

No, the case that I am researching does not have a thread here. I did a search for the victims name and no results were found.

Would starting a thread on this victim's case be a good idea? And where would I find the guidelines for doing that?
If you have a police or news report about the victim, a thread could be started .

Welcome to Websleuths!

Consider looking around for missing persons in your area or state. You may be available for posting fliers or missing posters, or participating i searches, or a fund raiser for families.

Or, just pick a thread & run with it!

jmho ymmv lrr

If you have a police or news report about the victim, a thread could be started .

I don't have police reports, but there are numerous news reports from 2005. Since this happened more than 15 years ago, I'm assuming I should open the thread in the 'Cold Cases' forum?

Welcome to Websleuths!

Consider looking around for missing persons in your area or state. You may be available for posting fliers or missing posters, or participating i searches, or a fund raiser for families.

Or, just pick a thread & run with it!

jmho ymmv lrr

Hi Laughing, that is a great idea. I was checking out some of the posts and it is a lot to take in. I went in to my counties cold case files online and most of the people are considered to have fled the country, that really blew my mind.

Thanks for welcoming me to the community!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi!
I just love Tricia's YouTube channel and wanted to join the wonderful people here at Websleuths.
A little bit about me...
I'm a busy mom of 5 amazing children and I'm extremely blessed. I live in Middle TN. close to Cookeville. I am a substitute teacher, and I'm currently attending college at 48 years old :eek: for Early Childhood Education (EDU) I believe in lifelong learning especially when it comes to our "Littles"
I found Tricia through YouTube regarding the Summer Wells case. My heart is hurting so bad for this precious baby! I pray daily she will be found.
Anyway, that's just a little about me. I hope to bring a good convo to the table, and look forward to meeting some amazing like-minded peeps out there.
Sincerely, Piper Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member