Found Deceased FL - Jason Winoker 52, from Tampa, Springhill Suites, Tallahassee, 17 Aug 2021

She didn't think much of it is REALLY weird. Did he get up at 1 and leave regularly? I agree does not pass the sniff test.
Yes, this is what boggles my brain. Of course, I admit, I am a worry wort, but even if my husband did want to take a walk or get some fresh air at 1 am (which I would try to talk him out of doing) - there is no way I'd go back to sleep until he returned. And I certainly wouldn't get up the next day and continue on with previously scheduled activities without knowing where he is. I mean it's one thing to take a walk in your own familiar neighborhood in the middle of the night, but when you're out of town, feeling "groggy" already?

ETA: I'm not saying I think the wife had anything to do with his disappearance. But her lack of concern that night doesn't make sense to me. IMO.

But why wasn't he reported missing the next MORNING? He wasn't reported missing until the evening. That's just weird. Were they staying another night? If they'd already dropped off daughter at college I'd think they'd get up and drive home. MOO
This is SUPER weird that he was not reported missing that morning. My spouse and kids would be crawling the walls by mid- morning (I hope!). I can think of a few explanations but they can't be shared politely here.

Yes, this is what boggles my brain. Of course, I admit, I am a worry wort, but even if my husband did want to take a walk or get some fresh air at 1 am (which I would try to talk him out of doing) - there is no way I'd go back to sleep until he returned. And I certainly wouldn't get up the next day and continue on with previously scheduled activities without knowing where he is. I mean it's one thing to take a walk in your own familiar neighborhood in the middle of the night, but when you're out of town, feeling "groggy" already?

ETA: I'm not saying I think the wife had anything to do with his disappearance. But her lack of concern that night doesn't make sense to me. IMO.

I agree. While I don’t think the wife had anything to do with his disappearance, I do feel like her response is odd. Even if (hypothetically) he was known to randomly leave at weird hours for some reason, I would assume he would’ve made a point to return home before his absence would be noticed by the kids at the very least, so even in that scenario it would see him not being back by morning should’ve raised red flags.

WCTV posted Jason's story on their FB page and someone posted pics below it (16 hrs ago) of man resembling him, looking lost, even wearing a grey shirt!!!

Thank you for posting this. I don't have Facebook, but was still able to read the comments. There is a comment from his wife which is very informative and answers some of the questions that have been asked here. I would love to bring it here, but I don't think it is allowed per TOS.

But why wasn't he reported missing the next MORNING? He wasn't reported missing until the evening. That's just weird. Were they staying another night? If they'd already dropped off daughter at college I'd think they'd get up and drive home. MOO

It does seem strange not to have reported him missing sooner. Maybe, as was suggested by another poster, they argued before they went to sleep, so that when he got up and went out in an “irritable” state, she assumed that was why.

Maybe the next day they had an important appointment at the university, so the wife decided she’d better keep it for the uni daughter’s sake? Maybe he’s a hothead and has done similar stuff at other times. I’m remembering my husband in our early dating years. When we’d argue—I hated it! but he’d often just turn and head out the door instead of talking it out with me. Just some thoughts, but who knows the actual situation with this couple. JMO

We don't know how she was feeling. Maybe she had planned activities with her daughter and/or other younger children with her. I'm sure she thought that he would return so she went about her day, thinking he would be back when she returned. As a mom, I wouldn't want to upset my children until I was sure he was missing.

And most people think that they should wait 24 hours to report a healthy adult missing because that's what LE has told us in the past, even though there are valid reasons to report them.

WCTV posted Jason's story on their FB page and someone posted pics below it (16 hrs ago) of man resembling him, looking lost, even wearing a grey shirt!!!
Ok - this disappearance is so puzzling. Move in weekend is very busy IMO - at 1am the campus should be fairly quiet in this area-where did he walk to? Since there hasn’t been any images released of him leaving the hotel I can only guess that either he never left or the cameras don’t work. After 4 weeks I think it’s safe to say he is not still in that hotel. I wonder if someone’s’ car hit him during the walk and put him in that car to move him?

We need a reporter to summarize the story or at least tweet about his case
JMO
ETA-added details that we can discuss from MSM
Tallahassee Police, family asking for help in search for Tampa man last seen in capital city
woke up groggy and disoriented around 1 a.m., grabbed his wallet and keys, and left their Springfield Suites hotel room without his phone.

“I know that we’re all still hoping that you know, he is found,” said Renee. “This is something that is so life-changing. Like, how will they ever make sense of it? You know? So, I just worry about them.”

‘Your mind runs wild with possibilities’: Pasco Co. father of 4 goes missing after dropping daughter off at FSU | WFLA
SBBM
...drove up to Tallahassee [snip] ...on Aug. 17, [snip] Around 1 the next morning, he woke up.
Winoker says her husband didn’t have keys to a car, he left with his wallet, but there has been no credit card or debit card activity and not a single phone call.

TPD Twitter
18 Aug 2021
Please share to help locate this missing person. If you have information regarding Jason's whereabouts, please call TPD at 850-891-4200.

So many things I question about this case trying to make sense of it. I do find it odd that younger siblings came too if there were move in activities, orientation, etc. My vehicle was so packed full taking daughter to college, there was no room for others to ride along and typically siblings don't attend all the scheduled activities. Going off to college is a stressful and emotional event for everyone.
I'm thinking he may have walked to a 24 hour restaurant for a late night snack and ran into trouble. It's hard to believe the hotel wouldn't have working cameras or the ability to view footage. MOO

So many things I question about this case trying to make sense of it. I do find it odd that younger siblings came too if there were move in activities, orientation, etc. My vehicle was so packed full taking daughter to college, there was no room for others to ride along and typically siblings don't attend all the scheduled activities. Going off to college is a stressful and emotional event for everyone.
I'm thinking he may have walked to a 24 hour restaurant for a late night snack and ran into trouble. It's hard to believe the hotel wouldn't have working cameras or the ability to view footage. MOO
I’ve made many trips to drop off for college- never had any planned activities for families on move in day- we parked on the street and dumped everything on the sidewalk than the kids walked it up to the dorm/apt etc while our vehicle searched for a space in the public parking garage. It’s hot and humid hauling stuff to the room but once they are settled in we all left and returned to the hotel as the drive was too long to make all in one day. Moms vehicle must have been quite large to seat the kids and parents plus the dorm stuff.

if there is no accessible video there’s a reason for it- I’ve never stayed at a hotel that didn’t have working video and in many WS cases we’ve followed the video is handed over fairly quick - is this hotels’ footage missing? Can they (hotel) access it? If not, why? Knowing what door he exited may help determine the direction he walked in. Does this hotel have data on doors opening and closing? So many questions …

jmo

Thank you for posting this. I don't have Facebook, but was still able to read the comments. There is a comment from his wife which is very informative and answers some of the questions that have been asked here. I would love to bring it here, but I don't think it is allowed per TOS.
Yes, thank you @tarabull for posting this - his wife answers all questions and I have a completely different perception of this case after reading her comments. It’s a must-read. I feel heart-broken for her and their children. And completely baffled by what could have happened. One glimmer of humanity is how much to community has reached out the help this family. What a horrible way for his child to start off college.

My gosh, this is a strange story! Having moved kids in and out of dorms over the years, I have a good idea what that entails. And it can be a stressful day for parents. My own husband is a worrier and probably felt worse than I did whenever we left a child at college. If he got up and left a hotel room at 1 am, I would think my husband was just going out to check on the car, or he left something in the car, like a water bottle or a book. Some men might get restless and go sit at the Waffle House, which might be the only place open in most cities, although my husband has never done that.

I find this whole scenario rather baffling, especially the wife not reporting him missing right away, although she probably hoped he would just show back up on his own. How horrible for the college-age daughter that this happened as she was just moving in. How can she concentrate in classes. So sad!

I can see why they stayed longer than move in weekend. After I dropped my oldest off at college, my youngest and I stayed in town for 3 days. I figured if the oldest needed something, I’d be close by.

I’m thinking at this point, water has to be involved if there’s been no activity on his debit card or a credit card. Just like the lady mentioned above that went into the water at night. The only other thing I can think of is, someone noticed his altered state and took advantage of him. But usually, there would be a stolen money card that was used by a perp.
I can't think of anymore than a holding pond in the area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back