Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

Suggestions of a publicity stunt while someone is missing is not victim friendly. Until LE suggests otherwise, Gabby is missing and WS will treat the missing persons case with the care and compassion a missing person deserves. Posts suggesting this is a stunt or hoax have been removed.

I've read they've dated for almost 2 years and were engaged. But the boyfriend lives in FL; Gabby in NY. I wonder how often they spent time together physically during this period, or whether it was a long-distance online relationship for the most part before this trip.
From.what I read she moved here with her bf and her dad moved to.Vero Beach to be closer.to her!

Welcome to WS!

Since Gabby & Brian were engaged, I’d imagine the family knows him & knows his contact info. So maybe he is refusing to communicate with family. But when people lawyer up very early on in situations like these, it is generally public knowledge & deemed uncooperative.

Giving the BF/fiance the benefit of the doubt… They could have argued & she walked off/he drove off in anger. When she didn’t answer later, he was pissed & drove home. If something bad happened to her in the interim, he’ll be spending his life under suspicion. Jmo.

sure, but maybe there would be less suspicion if he was the one who reported her missing, you know, when she went missing. Not wait a few weeks, drive home and not mention anything. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting....
For example: When Matthew Coleman left for hours with his two children while mom was packing for their camping trip, she contacted LE and they filed an "ATL" report. His wife thought he might answer a call coming from LE. When that failed, she filed a missing person report the next day.

Oh no! This doesn’t sound like this will end well if the bf has returned to Florida with the van, but not Gabby. It would be interesting to know how Gabby’s parents felt about the bf. I wonder if they ever experienced any hinky feelings about him.

Oh no! This doesn’t sound like this will end well if the bf has returned to Florida with the van, but not Gabby. It would be interesting to know how Gabby’s parents felt about the bf. I wonder if they ever experienced any hinky feelings about him.

I'm not so sure they really knew him! But that just my opinion!
No communication between them
Dad.moved.to.fla.to be closer to her!
I may be wrong but......

Gabby's mom regarding her last facetime communication with her daughter Aug. 25:
"She seemed okay to me at the time, other than I didn't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend."

Dad ordered uber eats for the couple in Salt Lake City on August 21. Dad's last communication with Gabby.

Both "last communications" with parents are interesting. Could have been running out of money and arguing?

I won't speculate on what has happened to her and hope the family can share what they have been told. I can't imagine the BF hasn't given them a story of how they were separated. They probably were encouraged not to speak about that part by LE in my opinion. The closest I got to the Tetons was Jackson. I came out from Yellowstone that way 3 years ago and had entered in Cody Wy. It is a vast vast place and dangerous for the free spirited. You can camp right with the bears, you can walk right up to bison, you can meander on cliffs and waterfalls, etc. But one important thing, the Park is covered with people in late August. I pray she is found safe. Unless there is some mental situation the BF should be talking and be concerned about her wellbeing, this part is what bothers us all.

I wish we knew what the text messages that were sent to her mom said. She couldnt have been that alerted by them as she didnt report her missing for a couple of weeks. So she maybe thought in retrospect that they were not her.

I am going to guess that the messages had something to do with spotty service while traveling from SLC to Tetons/Yellowstone.

I have a daughter around the same age, same free spirit, graduated college a year early, then spent a year solo traveling the world with a backpack. She would alert me to when she would not have service.

Last edited:
I wish we knew what the text messages that were sent to her mom said. She couldnt have been that alerted by them as she didnt report her missing for a couple of weeks. So she maybe thought in retrospect that they were not her.
Is her phone missing ?
I'd imagine even if it's gone that LE can subpoena it to check the pings ?

The boyfriend seems controlling as hell in the single video on his Youtube page for what its worth. On a few occasions you can see him watching over her in a controlling manner and on occasion she will look back at him for approval.

From the link:

Gabrielle Petito was on a FaceTime call with her mother on Aug. 23 or 24, Schmidt said Sunday. She said she received texts sent from her daughter's phone until Aug. 30, but wasn't sure whether her daughter sent them.

Her parents said she was traveling with her boyfriend at the time, but couldn't provide any further details because of the ongoing investigation.

Schmidt said she would remain vigilant and keep looking for her daughter.

"I just want people to keep looking and not stop until we find her," Schmidt told Newsday. "She's out there somewhere... We won't stop until we find her."

N.Y. Woman Documenting Cross-Country Road Trip with Boyfriend on YouTube Has Disappeared

PEOPLE confirms with the Suffolk County Police Department that Gabrielle Petito last contacted her relatives on Aug. 25, when she was near Grand Teton National Park in Jackson, Wyo.

Last month, they arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, staying only a short time, as wildfire smoke blanketed the region.

The couple apparently stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25 before heading for Yellowstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23