SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was like $3k total. That's chump change to these people so I would chalk it up to oversight or if I were feeling particularly suspicious I might wonder if the Murdaughs were used to "little favors" from local offices like property taxes just being written off and maybe for some reason those favors stopped happening.

You may have misunderstood the posts about this. It was more than a total of $3k. See post nos. 437, 442, 451, 455 above. JMO.

Last edited:
MerryB, I had only listened to the AM 911 once. Even though on other cases I've listened numerous times, it was just so difficult with this one for me I never wanted to revisit it.

I just had another listen and I want to tell you I hear it clear as a bell. "For God's sake Paul, why'd you have to get involved" He said it.

Now I have to digest it...with a whole new layer of conviction and thoughts as to what this really means to the case.

Thank you! It seems clear to me, too. And heart wrenching.
I agree with you that the 911 call is very difficult to listen to. I believe there is real anguish and despair in Alex’s voice. Because of this, the first time I heard it, I felt there was no way Alex was involved in the deaths of his wife and child.
However, as more information came to light, I grew suspicious and listened again several times. I now believe the anguish and despair we hear is directed toward Paul. I can hear a guttural sob in the midst of him saying “For God’s sake, Paul…” I think he is genuinely shocked to see Paul in that condition. JMO

I agree with you that the 911 call is very difficult to listen to. I believe there is real anguish and despair in Alex’s voice. Because of this, the first time I heard it, I felt there was no way Alex was involved in the deaths of his wife and child.
However, as more information came to light, I grew suspicious and listened again several times. I now believe the anguish and despair we hear is directed toward Paul. I can hear a guttural sob in the midst of him saying “For God’s sake, Paul…” I think he is genuinely shocked to see Paul in that condition. JMO
I agree, and I'm battling with the context. He says it after the dispatcher basically accepts his word that MM is dead. We know know she's just a little distance away.

Then the dispatcher asks if he's sure his son is dead, is he breathing? All paraphrasing.

That's what bothers me. In that context I think AM has accepted MM's death and possibly had expected it. PM's death, on the other hand, was unexpected by him and he's admonishing him.

That's what I'm computing, in the context of what was happening at that time in the call. It's extremely upsetting to me.

Last edited:

It’s as if AM didn’t expect PM to be there “why’d you have to get involved” as if PM knew what was happening and was suppose to be at the apartment or not there then.

The open apartment door is still unanswered as to why, was he there? Did he leave in a hurry and not be obvious by leaving door open.?

It’s as if AM didn’t expect PM to be there “why’d you have to get involved” as if PM knew what was happening and was suppose to be at the apartment or not there then.

The open apartment door is still unanswered as to why, was he there? Did he leave in a hurry and not be obvious by leaving door open.?
PM did have a roommate so kids do stupid things like not close doors but it could mean someone went in uninvited too.

I agree the words I hear, in the context of what was being asked by the dispatcher, say ti me AM wasn't expecting PM to be there that night. Does that translate into he WAS expecting MM to be there? Possibly, yes. Does THAT then translate into AM expecting to see HER dead there? Possibly, yes. AJMO

If AM says "why did you have get involved" and perhaps did not expect Paul to be there, do you think that then meant that Paul had an idea that something was going to happen to his mother and went out to stop it from happening? That is really dark if that is the case and I don't mean that AM was the person who was going to do something.

I'm trying to understand where we're seeing this differently, please bear with me.

Is the issue with the fact that Alex stated that he was at the hospital prior discovering the bodies, in that we cannot rely on a statement from Alex?

Is it that we cannot backtrack from 10:07 to figure out how long it takes to drive from Moselle to the nearest hospital, so we cannot know whether he was at the hospital at 9:30 PM?

Is it that 9-9:30 means all or part of that time interval, not that he was at the hospital at 9PM?

He said that he went to visit his mother after being at the hospital. He didn't indicate exactly when he left the hospital. It could have been at 7:00 for all we know.

I agree, and I'm battling with the context. He says it after the dispatcher basically accepts his word that MM is dead. We know know she's just a little distance away.

Then the dispatcher asks if he's sure his son is dead, is he breathing? All paraphrasing.

That's what bothers me. In that context I think AM has accepted MM's death and possibly had expected it. PM's death, on the other hand, was unexpected by him and he's admonishing him.

That's what I'm computing, in the context of what was happening at that time in the call. It's extremely upsetting to me.

You & I are on the same page, so to speak.

I will play Devil's advocate for a moment. PM was more likely to be involved with dangerous people and situations than MM was. AM may have felt because of this he was the likely initial target. An investigation did begin again into SS's death. That could back up the "Why Paul" statement. Just an idea and MOO. At this point anything is possible.

If AM says "why did you have get involved" and perhaps did not expect Paul to be there, do you think that then meant that Paul had an idea that something was going to happen to his mother and went out to stop it from happening? That is really dark if that is the case and I don't mean that AM was the person who was going to do something.
There's many different senarios up in the air isn't there?

Was MM asked to come there to Moselle that night and why?

Did PM tag along with his Mom just to tag along, maybe he was picked up from another place because he wanted to end up at the beach house with her that night?

Was PM staying with his Dad at Moselle and his Mom called or texted him she was there and why?

Did that info make PM want to go down to her and that's why he was "involved"?

Maybe his parents were contentious planning to split and he wanted to be by his Mom's side?

Maybe he was just asked by his Mom to come down a help with the dogs? Or arrived with her and got out of the car to see to the dogs when asked?

Do they have access to Murdaugh hunting arms down there, there's a few structures in the area.

So lots of questions as to how Paul would be "involved" that night.

All so upsetting to consider being as two lives were lost because of however it played out.

It would not surprise me to learn that AM hired a hit on his wife because he obviously felt invincible, and apparently was invincible up until recently. He had handled every issue his family faced up until the boating accident. I think it's possible AM has developed a God Complex, which is highlighted by, "an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a God Complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks." (Wikipedia)

The only time AM admitted personal failure was after he knew the truth about the embezzled funds was about to become public, even though he avoided speaking specifically about any infraction for which he is solely accountable.

Last edited:
My 2 cents

All I can come up with is blackmail.

The money he stole was payoff for silence. Somebody has some dirt that would destroy them.

He stopped working 2019, what income did he have? It appears their vehicles were company, no car insurance to pay, appears their property is paid for, no mortgages. PM’s college and dorm was prob their biggest expense if their paying. And any boats.

Idk prob living off a Trust or something.

I will play Devil's advocate for a moment. PM was more likely to be involved with dangerous people and situations than MM was. AM may have felt because of this he was the likely initial target. An investigation did begin again into SS's death. That could back up the "Why Paul" statement. Just an idea and MOO. At this point anything is possible.

I was one who thought that right at the start. Then in PM's girlfriend's deposition she said PM did drugs which had me continuing to think PM was the target and MM collateral damage. Being a kid in this day and age I don't think PM's girlfriend meant weed when she said "drugs". Some parts of those depositions weren't published. Therefore I don't know for sure what "drugs" she was speaking about but think she was saying totally and everywhere thought of as illegal ones.

I thought what'd he get himself into and maybe it was PM who brought this all about.

Since hearing about the embezzlement, the possible bad marriage and possibly planning to divorce and then how MM's hired a forensic accountant to look at her and AM's finaces, it took on a whole new light, for me.

Add to that the recent prospects of VERY widespread and involved corruption and what I consider, JMO, an aborted suicide attempt followed by a flight from LE...Oh boy, oh boy.

Those words I just heard today on the 911 call, in their context, spell out a much different story than what I first thought right after the murders occured. Again, AJMO

We can easily see the dog kennel in this photo.

47858297-9985655-image-a-22_1631542181650.jpg

Sole heir to South Carolina legal dynasty Buster Murdaugh, 25, is seen for the first time | Daily Mail Online

There's many different senarios up in the air isn't there?

Was MM asked to come there to Moselle that night and why?

Did PM tag along with his Mom just to tag along, maybe he was picked up from another place because he wanted to end up at the beach house with her that night?

Was PM staying with his Dad at Moselle and his Mom called or texted him she was there and why?

Did that info make PM want to go down to her and that's why he was "involved"?

Maybe his parents were contentious planning to split and he wanted to be by his Mom's side?

Maybe he was just asked by his Mom to come down a help with the dogs? Or arrived with her and got out of the car to see to the dogs when asked?

Do they have access to Murdaugh hunting arms down there, there's a few structures in the area.

So lots of questions as to how Paul would be "involved" that night.

All so upsetting to consider being as two lives were lost because of however it played out.
YES. This is the one question I haven’t seen tackled by MSM. Why was Maggie Murdaugh at Moselle that night? Was that routine for her to stop by there after she moved to the beach house? Did she still have personal belongings there? Surely she mentioned this planned visit to someone? Who would have known she’d be there that night? Or who wouldn’t have known & been surprised? What family with a 1770 acre estate & multiple outbuildings doesn’t have video security all over the entrance(s) & central grounds? There must be footage of something…

My 2 cents

All I can come up with is blackmail.

The money he stole was payoff for silence. Somebody has some dirt that would destroy them.

He stopped working 2019, what income did he have? It appears their vehicles were company, no car insurance to pay, appears their property is paid for, no mortgages. PM’s college and dorm was prob their biggest expense if their paying. And any boats.

Idk prob living off a Trust or something.
Was he still listed as being a PMPED partner, of course until recently? Maybe he wasn't practicing but drawing monies from advusing/consulting with the other firm lawyer's cases?

With PM’s apartment door being left open and there being “no indications of forced entry,” I wonder if PM received a distressing phone call (whether intentional or a butt dial) (e.g., his mother being attacked) that caused him to drop everything and go to where his parents were staying that evening. That would explain the potential “why’d you have to get involved” comment. The phone records in this case will be extraordinarily telling, I believe.

Paul Murdaugh's Apartment Near University of South Carolina Searched by SLED: Report

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member