SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any truth or accurate report of one or both guns used in the murders belonging to the Ms? I just have a hard time, tho it’s possible, seeing PM having the shotgun taken and used on him.

Is it possible that one of the deceased is also one of the persons that had one of the weapon used in the murders? I see a scenario where one person was the first person shot and that the second person tried to intervene and the weapon they were carrying was used against them. If both weapons are owned by the Murdaugh's then it's possible every member of that family's fingerprints are on the weapons.

Last edited:
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254217128.html

The State Law Enforcement Division has opened an investigation into money a Hampton County law firm has charged that former partner Alex Murdaugh “misappropriated.”

The announcement was made late Monday by SLED Chief Mark Keel.

The firm Murdaugh was with before he resigned is called Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, & Detrick (PMPED) law firm.

A source close to the case said the amount of missing money may be around $5 million.
Declined to comment on SLED opening an investigation into AM stealing but can still make a comment separating the embezzlement from the murders investigation. What a tangled web this is and it will only become more so, IMO

From your link...

"Jim Griffin, a Columbia lawyer who, with attorney Dick Harpootlian, is representing Murdaugh, declined to comment on Keel’s statement.

However, Murdaugh’s lawyers did say their client “regrets that his actions have taken the focus away from the solving the murders of Maggie and Paul”

The Beach family extends its deepest and warmest sympathies to the Murdaugh family during this terrible time,” the statement noted. “Having suffered the devastating loss of their own daughter, the family prays that the Murdaughs can find some level of peace from this tragic loss. They would like the family and the community to know that their thoughts and continued prayers are with the Murdaughs. It is their most sincere hope that someone will come forward and cooperate with authorities so that the perpetrator of these senseless crimes can be brought to justice.”

Mallory Beach’s Family Issues Statement On Murdaugh Family Double Homicide

Zowie.

Very Powerful Statement

My impression from the deposition of BM is that there may be an accusation that he was friends with the person working at the DMV, and possibly had 2 licenses made in one day (?) It’s only part of the deposition and BM doesn’t admit to anything during the line of questioning. But there is enough there to get a pretty good idea of what the attorney questioning him is implying.
PM was apparently using a duplicate license of BM’s on a regular basis. At least, several different people indicated in their depositions that he used it as his fake ID and used it regularly. The duplicate is what one would get if they needed to replace their license if it were lost or stolen. The replacement then indicates “duplicate” on the license itself. (I had one of these myself at one point due to physically losing my license.) This info. regarding the license PM used (of BM’s) being a duplicate vs. an original is from the deposition with the clerk from Parker’s.

And agreed, I certainly don’t think BM has admitted to giving it to PM.

amoo
Do you have a link to BM's deposition? I've not seen it. TIA

Is it possible that one of the deceased is also one of the persons that had a weapon?
I know we've discussed PM shooting MM and AM shot Paul in response to it as a possibility. Could that be why Alex is so distraught because he was going to handle the situation with Maggie (not by shooting her but by negotiating with her) ? I just have a feeling that the upcoming Beach hearing and Maggie ordering an audit of the financials has to play into that evening OR it's total hit on them for all the M's have done to others in the past OR it's a drug deal gone really bad OR Alex was being blackmailed and he didn't pay up... I am so tossed - can you tell??? :p

My impression from the deposition of BM is that there may be an accusation that he was friends with the person working at the DMV, and possibly had 2 licenses made in one day (?) It’s only part of the deposition and BM doesn’t admit to anything during the line of questioning. But there is enough there to get a pretty good idea of what the attorney questioning him is implying.
PM was apparently using a duplicate license of BM’s on a regular basis. At least, several different people indicated in their depositions that he used it as his fake ID and used it regularly. The duplicate is what one would get if they needed to replace their license if it were lost or stolen. The replacement then indicates “duplicate” on the license itself. (I had one of these myself at one point due to physically losing my license.) This info. regarding the license PM used (of BM’s) being a duplicate vs. an original is from the deposition with the clerk from Parker’s.

And agreed, I certainly don’t think BM has admitted to giving it to PM.

amoo

Makes me wonder if Randy did the same thing for his brother Alex, as well.

Or maybe the Murdaughs didn't have to show ID's to drink in those days.

I know we've discussed PM shooting MM and AM shot Paul in response to it as a possibility. Could that be why Alex is so distraught because he was going to handle the situation with Maggie (not by shooting her but by negotiating with her) ? I just have a feeling that the upcoming Beach hearing and Maggie ordering an audit of the financials has to play into that evening OR it's total hit on them for all the M's have done to others in the past OR it's a drug deal gone really bad OR Alex was being blackmailed and he didn't pay up... I am so tossed - can you tell??? :p

I wonder if the autopsy showed alcohol in PM's blood, as in enough to intoxicate him and cause impaired judgement when in a confrontation. There would have been extreme stress on all three of them ( PM, MM, AM) in the days leading up to the hearing

MerryB, I had only listened to the AM 911 once. Even though on other cases I've listened numerous times, it was just so difficult with this one for me I never wanted to revisit it.

I just had another listen and I want to tell you I hear it clear as a bell. "For God's sake Paul, why'd you have to get involved" He said it.

Now I have to digest it...with a whole new layer of conviction and thoughts as to what this really means to the case.
I think MM was asked to go there and check on the dogs and PM rode along to help her. () insert here who was waiting for her to arrive.

JMO

@AveryGWilks

In response to news of SLED’s investigation, Murdaugh’s attorneys, Jim Griffin and
@Harpootlian4SC , just gave us this statement:

“Alex Murdaugh regrets the actions that have taken the focus away from solving the murder of Maggie and Paul.”

So he's pretty much admitting it on all accounts...he must be a fountain of information now. Note, it says "the actions" not his actions. Shaking in their boots!

@AveryGWilks

In response to news of SLED’s investigation, Murdaugh’s attorneys, Jim Griffin and
@Harpootlian4SC , just gave us this statement:

“Alex Murdaugh regrets the actions that have taken the focus away from solving the murder of Maggie and Paul.”

Even this statement seems distant.
I would think the focus would be on finding WHO did this crime. But the perpetrators aren't mentioned. Instead we get the distancing language of, "Solving the murder."

Not disputing you here but I have not read anything from Buster saying he loaned Paul his ID. I don't think there is any proof of that since Paul could have just taken it out of Buster's wallet or pants pocket prior to going out. I would have to hear it from Buster's mouth or a separate witness to say there was iron clad proof Buster loaned it to Paul. Brothers take things from their siblings without permission all the time. I think the case against Buster is weak unless he confessed to loaning it to Paul.

JMO

Paul did in fact have Busters ID. That is why Buster is in the suit. I believe it’s in the deposition. All of this was posted up thread early on. It is on the Mallory Beach thread as well.

I hadn’t seen these details before. Sorry if it’s old news.

“[Sources say] that a Murdaugh family member is a “person of interest,” and that R. Alexander Murdaugh – Paul’s dad and Maggie’s husband – is “a central focus of the probe.” The site noted that he has an alibi but quoted a source as saying there are “credible concerns” about when the shootings happened and said authorities are looking into “possible manipulation of the crime scene.”

Law Enforcement Sources: Alex Murdaugh ‘Person Of Interest’ In South Carolina Double Homicide Investigation

How does it work when Alex gets Corey Fleming to handle/represent Gloria’s case? Do the ‘opposing’ attorneys decide ahead of time how much can be claimed and go in for that figure together? That would seem peculiar if gets his friend to handle the case he is listed in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk