GUILTY CO - Bobbie Oberholtzer, 29, & Annette Schnee, 21, killed, Breckenridge, 3 July 1982 *arrest in 2021

Well - don't know IF this is still happening - as it is no longer on the docket.... did he die? Or plead guilty? Not getting any current articles over here.

Monday, September 13th:
*Preliminary Hearing (for Annette & Bobbi) (@ 9am MT)- CO – Barbara “Bobbi” Jo Oberholtzer (29) & Annette Kay Schnee (21) (both last seen on Jan. 6, 1982; Oberholzter last seen about 7:59pm & found on Jan. 7, 1982 about 3pm, 300 ft. south of Hoosier Pass Summit about 20 ft. off Hiway CO 9 in a snow embankment; Schnee last seen Jan. 6, 1982 about 4:45pm at “The Drug Store” in Breckenridge & found July 3, 1982 in rural Park County 20 miles south of Breckenridge in Sacramento Creek south of Alma) - *Alan Lee Phillips (31 @ time of crime/70) arrested & charged (2/24/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder after deliberation, 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping & 2 counts of 1st degree assault with a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
United Data Connect, new information was developed with genetic genealogy to identify the potential suspect in the case.
3/3/21 Update: Hearing on 3/5/21 & return filing of charges on 3/8/21 @ 11:30am. 3/5/21 Update: For case #D472021CR15 next return filing of charges hearing on 3/22 & for case #CD472021CR16 hearing on 3/22/21.
3/22/21 Update: Case #D472021CR16 (Annette) next preliminary hearing on 5/18/21. For Case #D472021CR15 (Bobbi) next setting hearing on 5/18/21. 5/18/21 Update: For both cases: Preliminary hearing on 9/13/21.

@faithx - is there more in the article about the hearing? Like names of people who testified? I'm not finding him in the CO court site under Park county - does it say "what" county he is in? Also - his first name is Alan - and last name Phillips - 2 Ls - ?? I know I looked him up once - now he not coming up.... strange....

Tuesday, Sept. 14th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Day 2) (for Annette & Bobbi) (@ 9am MT)- CO – Barbara “Bobbi” Jo Oberholtzer (29) & Annette Kay Schnee (21) (both last seen on Jan. 6, 1982; Oberholzter last seen about 7:59pm & found on Jan. 7, 1982 about 3pm, 300 ft. south of Hoosier Pass Summit about 20 ft. off Hiway CO 9 in a snow embankment; Schnee last seen Jan. 6, 1982 about 4:45pm at “The Drug Store” in Breckenridge & found July 3, 1982 in rural Park County 20 miles south of Breckenridge in Sacramento Creek south of Alma) - *Alan Lee Phillips (31 @ time of crime/70) arrested & charged (2/24/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder after deliberation, 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping & 2 counts of 1st degree assault with a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Park County
United Data Connect, new information was developed with genetic genealogy to identify the potential suspect in the case.
3/3/21 Update: Hearing on 3/5/21 & return filing of charges on 3/8/21 @ 11:30am. 3/5/21 Update: For case #D472021CR15 next return filing of charges hearing on 3/22 & for case #CD472021CR16 hearing on 3/22/21.
3/22/21 Update: Case #D472021CR16 (Annette) next preliminary hearing on 5/18/21. For Case #D472021CR15 (Bobbi) next setting hearing on 5/18/21. 5/18/21 Update: For both cases: Preliminary hearing on 9/13/21.
9/13/21 Update: Investigators say a pair of orange bootie socks, a glove & a rescue in the middle of a snowstorm on Guanella Pass helped them link Phillips to the slayings of two women outside Breckenridge on a winter night in 1982. Preliminary hearing continues on 9/14/21.

@faithx - is there more in the article about the hearing? Like names of people who testified? I'm not finding him in the CO court site under Park county - does it say "what" county he is in? Also - his first name is Alan - and last name Phillips - 2 Ls - ?? I know I looked him up once - now he not coming up.... strange....
According to the Denver Gazette article, the following people testified:
  • Jim Hardtke, former Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent
  • Sgt. Wendy Kipple, a Park County sheriff’s office detective
  • Charles McCormick, who began working on the case as a private investigator in 1989
This 9News article says he appeared in a Park County courthouse, so I don't know why it isn't coming up on their site.

@Niner

Article about the second and last day of the preliminary hearing:

Park County judge rules trial can go forward for 1982 killings of women near Breckenridge

"The trial for a man accused of killing two women near Breckenridge in 1982 can go forward, a Park County district court judge ruled Tuesday morning.

[...]

Groome also denied the defense attorneys’ request to release Phillips on bail. The court was required to hold a proof-evident presumption-great hearing to keep Phillips in custody on first-degree murder charges without granting bail."

Tweets from 9News reporter Matt Jablow:

Judge in 1982 Breckenridge double murder case just ruled that probable cause has been established to bind the case over to trial and orders the defendant, Alan Phillips, held without bond.

12:29 PM · Sep 14, 2021

Judge says prosecution presented “very strong” evidence that Phillips killed Bobbi Jo Oberholtzer.

Judge says the case that Phillips killed Annette Schnee is “not as airtight.” @9WantsToKnow @9NEWS #9News

Motions hearing set for December 13.

Well... it looks like the 12/13/21 hearing date for Phillips has disappeared from the court site. Not sure "what" is happening in this case.

@faithx - I went back on that twitter guy's posts - and don't see anything about it being cancelled or delayed. Searching - I'm just coming up with Sept. 2021 articles. Do you have better luck in the U.S.?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Well... it looks like the 12/13/21 hearing date for Phillips has disappeared from the court site. Not sure "what" is happening in this case.

@faithx - I went back on that twitter guy's posts - and don't see anything about it being cancelled or delayed. Searching - I'm just coming up with Sept. 2021 articles. Do you have better luck in the U.S.?

TIA!
To my knowledge, the 12/13/21 hearing date was never listed on the court site. Neither was the preliminary hearing from September, but it happened regardless. So I'm assuming that the hearing is still on for tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find anything out! :)

To my knowledge, the 12/13/21 hearing date was never listed on the court site. Neither was the preliminary hearing from September, but it happened regardless. So I'm assuming that the hearing is still on for tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find anything out! :)

Okay - I shall leave it on for tomorrow - Thanks for checking!
noel2.gif

Okay - going to post this - and see if anyone can find anything on this case.

Monday, December 13th:
*Motions Hearing (for Annette & Bobbi) (@ 9am MT)- CO – Barbara “Bobbi” Jo Oberholtzer (29) & Annette Kay Schnee (21) (both last seen on Jan. 6, 1982; Oberholzter last seen about 7:59pm & found on Jan. 7, 1982 about 3pm, 300 ft. south of Hoosier Pass Summit about 20 ft. off Hiway CO 9 in a snow embankment; Schnee last seen Jan. 6, 1982 about 4:45pm at “The Drug Store” in Breckenridge & found July 3, 1982 in rural Park County 20 miles south of Breckenridge in Sacramento Creek south of Alma) - *Alan Lee Phillips (31 @ time of crime/70) arrested & charged (2/24/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder after deliberation, 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping & 2 counts of 1st degree assault with a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Court info from 3/3/21 thru 3/22/21 reference post #85 here:
CO - Bobbie Oberholtzer, 29, & Annette Schnee, 21, killed, Breckenridge, 3 July 1982 *arrest in 2021

9/13/21 Update: Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent Jim Hardtke & Sgt. Wendy Kipple, a Park County sheriff’s office detective, and Charles McCormick, who began working on the case as a private investigator in 1989. Investigators say a pair of orange bootie socks, a glove & a rescue in the middle of a snowstorm on Guanella Pass helped them link Phillips to the slayings of two women outside Breckenridge on a winter night in 1982. Preliminary hearing continues on 9/14/21.
9/14/21 Update: The court was required to hold a proof-evident presumption-great hearing to keep Phillips in custody on 1st degree murder charges without granting bail. Denied the defense attorneys' request to release Phillips on bail. Judge has ordered that Phillips stand trial. Motions hearing set for 12/13/21.

@faithx - only when & if you have time - I've looked all over - even the tweets by Matt - that you had posted above - and can't find Phillips case in the court site. Do you find anything - ?? I'm just getting very old articles over here.

TIA!
and a Merry Christmas!

@faithx - only when & if you have time - I've looked all over - even the tweets by Matt - that you had posted above - and can't find Phillips case in the court site. Do you find anything - ?? I'm just getting very old articles over here.

TIA!
and a Merry Christmas!
I can't find anything either. Hopefully an article about the case will be published soon and give an update about the court dates.

I hope you had a great Christmas and will have a happy New Year! :)

I can't find anything either. Hopefully an article about the case will be published soon and give an update about the court dates.

I hope you had a great Christmas and will have a happy New Year! :)

Thank you for checking this out. I can't understand "why" he is not in the court site in Colorado. I find it strange....

And yes, had a nice Christmas - and wish you a Happy new year!! :)

Bumping up - he is still not in the court site - don't know "what" is going on with this case as I googled - and nothing "new" is coming up for me over here.

Anyone??

I've been trying to find out information about this case as well - AND NOTHING SHOWS UP. Been looking for weeks now....

He is in custody in Park County though - so not sure what is up.
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 3.53.11 PM.png

@Seattle1 I know you're pretty good at finding court docs....??

@GoJacks - I too have tried to find something on this case. If I'm remembering correctly - he was never in the CO. court site from the beginning - I got his court dates from articles. So don't know what is going on with this?!
And yes @Seattle1 - is pretty good at finding docs! :)

@GoJacks - I too have tried to find something on this case. If I'm remembering correctly - he was never in the CO. court site from the beginning - I got his court dates from articles. So don't know what is going on with this?!
And yes @Seattle1 - is pretty good at finding docs! :)

It's in the 11th District Court. I tried to check with that info in the search engine with no luck. Have the hearings been held in Park County Combined Court? There are two other counties besides Park that are in the 11th District.

I checked VINElink and he shows as still being in jail in Park County.

Well - I went into the 11th District - tried all the counties listed there: Chaffee, Custer, Fremont & Park with the last name Phillips - and coming up with zero. Articles I have search only go up to March, 2021.

Anyone have an better luck than me? His last hearing was a motions hearing on 12/13/21.

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back