Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that they had completed a good portion of their trip, including several dangerous hikes (during which at any time he could have pushed her and made it look like an accident). If something sinister had been planned, then you’d think it would have happened a little earlier on during one of the hikes. Or that he wouldn’t have fully agreed with documenting the entire trip, which would really kind of screw up any “plans” due to making it obvious when she stopped posting. This is all very strange.

I find it odd that they had completed a good portion of their trip, including several dangerous hikes (during which at any time he could have pushed her and made it look like an accident). If something sinister had been planned, then you’d think it would have happened a little earlier on during one of the hikes. Or that he wouldn’t have fully agreed with documenting the entire trip, which would really kind of screw up any “plans” due to making it obvious when she stopped posting. This is all very strange.
I don't think it was planned. I think something happened in the heat of the moment. Fight? Break up? Who knows. Even if he tells the police her last known location, I wouldn't believe him. There are a lot of miles from FL to the national park. She could be any where. JMO

GP's Pinterest includes a group labeled "Life Goals" - shared with her boyfriend, his mother, and one other user - which seems to be full of wedding-planning ideas, as well as a section entitled "Oh Baby" with baby/infant items.

Doesn't quite fit with her mother's statement about "She didn’t have a plan. This was a plan, but what was next, we don’t know."

Unless something came up to make GP reconsider those plans, and she voiced those concerns to her mother? (my speculation)

https://www.pinterest.com/gabspetito/life-goals/
bbm
Hmmm....
I see it as she did have plans, or at least dreams for a future with him ?
It makes it all the more baffling and sad !
Imo.

The final contact came on August 30 - it was just a text message from Gabby's phone.

Now, a spokesperson for the family says text messages have stopped going through to her phone.

Urgent search continues for 22-year-old Florida woman missing after cross-country trip

What could that mean? Out of cell range or something else?
I get a text message failure warning when I send a text that won't go through. I wonder if her cell was on a family plan and they could at least look up online her activity? I can with my carrier

Boyfriend of missing Long Island woman, Gabby Petito, issues statement through lawyer - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.

"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.

"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

Well, that's an interesting statement.

I wonder whether Gabby was communicating with her friends (or cousins?) in Oregon, Gabby's and BL's destination. Surely authorities have made contact with them, to ascertain if they were privy to any changes/new difficulties in the relationship, changes in plans etc.

I don't think it was planned. I think something happened in the heat of the moment. Fight? Break up? Who knows. Even if he tells the police her last known location, I wouldn't believe him. There are a lot of miles from FL to the national park. She could be any where. JMO
bbm
Not even a needle in the haystack.
Worse.
IF Gabby is no longer with us, I fear she will never be found.
MOO.

Boyfriend of missing Long Island woman, Gabby Petito, issues statement through lawyer - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.

"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.

"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."
and there's the statement....

To my knowledge, a summons isn't typically served by the FBI. I think it's probably more likely something to do with providing the party a copy of the inventory within a certain period (they seized the van sometime between Sat/Sun). Personally, I just like the fact that the FBI is making a presence on his street. MOO
That was the FBI that was at the house? It was hard to tell

To my knowledge, a summons isn't typically served by the FBI. I think it's probably more likely something to do with providing the party a copy of the inventory within a certain period (they seized the van sometime between Sat/Sun). Personally, I just like the fact that the FBI is making a presence on his street. MOO
We use a process server and on rare occasions the sheriff. This person looks like he may be with the City of Northport PD - it looks like he's wearing a polo with their emblem possibly? The pink paper is interesting to me....

ADMIN NOTE:

Negative speculation on a victim is not victim friendly and is not allowed. Such posts will be removed.

To speculate that the victim was involved in drugs or somehow responsible for her own disappearance is off limits as Not Victim Friendly.

Warning points and possible Time Outs will be issued for members who violate Websleuths Victim Friendly rule.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

Thank you.

I think that planning is fairly unlikely. However, impulse might be another story.

As a mother, that statement infuriates me. Even just as a human in general

This sounds like a statement from people who barely knew someone. Like they are totally mystified by some near stranger disappearing. Honestly just really weird.

IMO

So...the search is focusing on Grand Teton NP, somehow. I wonder if BF's attorney has confirmed this as the last place he saw her - it's the last place her mother heard from her.

This case is so sad and so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member