SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know of any connection between Curtis Edward Smith and Steven Smith?

"But there are other deaths that could be connected to the family, including the 2015 death of 19-year-old Steven Smith, who was found dead in the middle of a rural road in Hampton County, three miles from where his car had run out of gas. Authorities said it seemed like he had been the victim of a hit-and-run.

A statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) last month said that the agency "has opened an investigation into the death of Stephen Smith based upon information gathered during the course of the double murder investigation of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh."​

Aug 5 2021
Murder, Money & Mystery: Were the Killings of a Mom and Son Connected to 3 Previous Deaths?

Gosh we have waited for a break since June! It’s no wonder now why everything was so slow.
There are some cases you just know right away are going to be a slog.

I figured this one would take months, and we would hear very little.

But boy, it’s been bombshell after bombshell for about a week and a half, and it ain’t over yet.

“When it rains it pours.”

I can’t wait to see what the actual charge is. That’ll tell us a lot about what actually happened out there, though I suspect it’ll be what most of us thought.

On the edge of my seat waiting for Mandy to tweet, lol

I'd love to know.

Was he chasing AM...looking for payment?
or, more likely (IMO), did he 'assist' in a fake shooting?, or was he the Good Samaritan (pre-arranged)?
There was a slashed tire, knife found at scene and it's allegedly AM's knife, can be traced back to AM.

Did he give it to his maybe related, certainly known to him, personal drug dealer? When, why and how did that all occur? This case is so crazy, I'm ready for virtually any explanation.

This releasing big news late at night…argh!!!, now I’m awake. That, plus we just found a huge palmetto bug in the bathroom. Frickin’ south. Why does this crap always happen after 10pm?
I just Googled what that is. You’d be completely justified in burning your house down.

Ha! Someone responded to FITS by saying she had just taken her sleeping pill.

I’d really like to know more about the wound. I think an intentional “grazing” shot from any distance would be an insane chance to take.
Up close and careful, then he left with Good Samaritan (s?) who I'm sure helped him cleaned up some before his chopper ride to Georgia and some more cleaning up, then the ER and yet more cleaning up. My point probably nothing in the way of residue but maybe some stippling to the skin? Wonder if pictures were taken at the hospital?

I just Googled what that is. You’d be completely justified in burning your house down.

Ha! Someone responded to FITS by saying she had just taken her sleeping pill.

You just reminded me that someone attempted to burn the AM home in Hampton down a number of years back. I wonder who did that? Was that another (alleged) set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member