SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems odd no mention of selling opiods being made in CES arrest, just meth and weed. Guessing AM had cleaned him out?

If planning to be shot (either killed/grazed), it would make sense for AM to buy and take all available opioids. Both for what was to come physically and /or knowing the act was up and hospital/ rehab were soon to follow.

I feel this way as well. I wonder if the meth charge was simply related to it being in the possession of CES, as in his own habit.

he was charged with possession of marijuana and distribution of meth. He had no opioids at all in his possession. only marijuana for personal use, and meth that he was selling.

'Believed that ending his life was his only option:' Murdaugh attorney releases statement

"On September 4, it became clear Alex believed that ending his life was his only option. Today, he knows that’s not true. For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids. During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head. Fortunately, Alex was not killed by the gunshot wound. Alex is fully cooperating with SLED in their investigations into his shooting, opioid use and the search to find the person or people responsible for the murder of his wife and son. Alex is not without fault but he is just one of many whose life has been devastated by opioid addiction."

*Signed, Alex Murdaugh's lawyer.

Gag me.

If there weren’t people who’ve lost loved ones in horrific ways due to AM or PM, I’d get that made into t-shirts & sell!

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin said.

AM & his backers (paid or not) must really think no one has any common sense & are basically stupid- or too small to speak up. I wonder when reality is going to set in & they realize no one is buying any of this manure.

“And on that Saturday morning he was trying to get off the opioids – he was not taking any of them, [he] was in a massive depression. Realized that things were going to get very, very bad," Harpootlian continued. "And he decided to end his life. He believed that $10 million policy had a suicide exclusion. Suicide exclusions are only good for two years and he didn’t realize that, so he arranged to have this guy shoot him."
Alex Murdaugh’s attorney speaks out on shooting incident: ‘He clearly knew what he had done was wrong’

*then why didn’t he leave a note for his son? This dude either had already taken all the pills he had or his dealer was out. If he had had any - he would have swallowed all he had before suicide. One last magic carpet ride. No way does he leave pills. Maybe he was jonesing and called his dealer who couldn’t get any more for some reason. One cry of desperation led to another…

If there weren’t people who’ve lost loved ones in horrific ways due to AM or PM, I’d get that made into t-shirts & sell!

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin said.

AM & his backers (paid or not) must really think no one has any common sense & are basically stupid- or too small to speak up. I wonder when reality is going to set in & they realize no one is buying any of this manure.
ITA with you. It seems that what they don't get is the stuff they can put out in those 5 counties, doesn't gain any traction beyond that area. And, just because they say it out loud on national TV doesn't make it the truth.

Do people really write checks for their drugs? (AM's attorney said he did on the Today show)
I can’t imagine it’s very common. If there are substantial transactions like that though, perhaps the money was for something a little bigger than your run-of-the-mill drug deal…

That would be even dumber obviously, but nothing would surprise me here.

Harpootlian maintained that Alex Murdaugh did the shocking shooting/ suicide for hire scheme for his family, but he didn’t fully understand suicide exclusion on the insurance policy.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Says He Will Likely Be Arrested Soon
BBM by me.

So September 4th...all just spur of the moment thing...he must not have had enough time to explain it right to CES? There's always a "but"

SBBM- He’s a big time personal injury attorney and he doesn’t understand an insurance policy? o_O

SBBM- He’s a big time personal injury attorney and he doesn’t understand an insurance policy? o_O
There’s that, and this guy failing to kill him. There are issues with the “suicide” scenario for sure.

I’m all but sold now; he had no intention of dying that day. He just didn’t want to admit he staged it to take the heat off.

So AM (per his attorney) was willing to have himself killed so that his $10,000,000 life insurance policy would be paid out to Buster. (AM the attorney didn’t know how the suicide clause in the Ins policy worked )

Basically his lawyer just said the man makes some pretty catastrophic decisions. Motivated by $.
That would be assuming I believe the hot, steaming pile of cr*p the attorney laid out on the Today show interview.

Just when I think I've seen everything, this case manages to astonish me. I guess I should not be so astonished.

AM admits it! And his attorney has to keep spinning. and spinning.

Wouldn't most insurance policies still pay out for suicide, if they'd been in place for a few months?

As an ATTORNEY he is telling us AM didn’t pour over his insurance policy to find his suicide exclusion clause while concocting this “assisted suicide” scheme? I think he was hoping he could frame CES for his “murder” and that of his family and his plan failed.

yes agree. AM knew his life insurance contract. He knows his wife and children’s insurance contracts. AM figured this all out and CES will take the fall, but not before CES brings AM down. MOO.

If he converted/misappropriated so much money and then paid for drugs by check that means he deposited the "converted" money into his bank account. Aren't banks supposed to report suspicious transactions? You would think he would be getting regular payments/distributions from the law firm -- not random one-offs of "converted" money. The bank is supposed to know their customers. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100