Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that her Instagram was deleted today then restored makes me believe he either has her phone or her passwords. Unless of course it was GP herself but I find it unlikely she wouldn’t be in touch with family if out there somewhere with phone.

This was a technical error on the part of Instagram when they were working to delete several fake/imposter profiles for Gabby. GP's IG was soon restored by Instagram.

Login • Instagram

#BREAKING North Port Police have named Brian Laundrie a person of interest in the Petito case. Police found records showing he returned to their Florida home on Sept. 1.

This is 2 days after Petito’s mom got a text from her. And 10 before she reported her missing.

https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1438170442695540737?s=21

I’m just having trouble with what he thought was going to happen. He got home sept 1, with her car and no Gabby. Did he think no one would come look for her…ever? Why bring the van home and keep it there?

Has anyone made visual contact with Brian since he has been in Florida?

Why are all these cases so weird these days?!

To summarize the press conference:

No brainer that he is person of interest

He really should just talk to us

We already know some things we can't tell you

We already looked at some video we aren't going to tell you about

We are going to find out everything else in due time.

Brian should start talking to us in 3, 2, 1...
Thank you!!!

Thank you @Curiousobserver !

There was so much in that pc!

**We already know some things we can't tell you

We are going to find out everything

I wonder if Gabby's parents knew a bit about this incident, and that is why they were so squirrelly initially about making any comments about it and him. It seems the floodgates have opened now, and they are holding back anymore with their public pleas to BL to do the right thing and talk to LE.

MOO

I believe that the family had known for some time about this. I would guess that Gabby told a family member about it, or LE told her family about it.

MOO

I’m just having trouble with what he thought was going to happen. He got home sept 1, with her car and no Gabby. Did he think no one would come look for her…ever? Why bring the van home and keep it there?

Has anyone made visual contact with Brian since he has been in Florida?

Why are all these cases so weird these days?!

I feel like people don’t always think in the long term in these situations. I am not making excuses for him at all. The fact that he is refusing to talk is so strange to me. If Gabby is okay, then why not talk and say they parted ways and what exactly happened?

North Port Police
@NorthPortPolice

·
Sep 15
Thank you for all the calls this morning! We should have an update on the Gabrielle Petito case around 11:30am today. Follow here.

https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1438164409503735810
Latest on Petito case Wednesday September 15, 11:30am. Please use 1-800 CALLFBI

11:34 AM · Sep 15, 2021·Twitter Web App

Notice the Ford Logo on the front grill is not in the correct spot in the photo above. The logo is in the correct spot in their YouTube video. It might not mean anything, but maybe?

I have uncomfortable vibes about that storage unit.
Same.

Would like to know if Gabby's family will be allowed by the BF's family to have her possessions ?
It would be the right thing to do.
Any small item that Gabby cherished will be a comfort !
I know if this was my child I'd cling to their stuff as it'd be (maybe but hopefully not !) all I had left ?
If they were missing in these circumstances.
Did she keep any sort of diary ?

Although the online presence was a journal of sorts !
Edit : IG's mistake.
Imo.

Last edited:
  • The last text message sent from her cell phone suggests she'd made it to Yosemite National Park in northern California – about 800 miles away
  • 'No service in Yosemite,' reads the curious text from Petito's cell phone, sent August 30 to her mother Nichole Schmidt, DailyMail.com can reveal
  • Schmidt has expressed skepticism that Gabby was the one who sent the text
  • 'That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!' Schmidt told DaiyMail.com
  • She believes Petito's boyfriend Brian may have sent the message from her phone to mislead the family
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I can't help but wonder if they both decided to go back home to FL after a fight or a breakup and something happened along the way. If he got home Sept 1 - no one was really paying attention to anything until she was reported missing...SO much could have happened during those 10 days. JMO

He had to know that him being back in FL with the van but without her would look extremely suspect, IMO. So why take the trouble to drive it back, instead of just ditching it and catching a flight? A couple possibilities I thought of:

1. When they parted ways, she had some other means of transportation and asked him to drive it back for her.

2. After something happened to her, he panicked, wasn't thinking clearly, and didn't realize how suspicious it would look.

3. There was something in the van that he knew he'd have to get rid of and wouldn't be able to take care of on the road without drawing suspicion.

I know which one I think seems most likely.

I think the most likely reason he drove it back to his parents is because he could afford to do that and he's not very bright. He was panicking and needed to be home, needed his parents at his side, so that's what he did.

It also allowed him to disassociate to a great degree from the crime. As if he was just on a solo road trip.

Did he have the funds to get a plane ticket? Wouldn't abandoning the van in WY or anyplace else have been equally suspicious? Notice that the way he did it, you are able to come up with a plausible scenario the exculpates him (she went off on her own). If the van had been abandoned, no matter where it was, it would have set off a nearby search effort when discovered.

How does it not look WAY more suspicious if, immediately after Gabby is last heard from, her BF abandons the van and flees?

Do you think there was something in the band he needed to dispose of? Like a body? If so, choosing to drive cross country (and then lawyering up) is a good way for a murderer to cover their tracks.

Anyone remember any other cross-country murder cases like this one??

(And I do believe there's foul play here; so if it turns out not to be a murder, it's still a really bizarre case).

I liked the calmness but confidence of LE during the press conference. I hope it rattled BL and his parents. The fact that GP's mother was texting BL and his mother while BL was back home in Florida, and living with his parents, and they ignored her pleas to find out where her daughter was, is just despicable. They could have responded to her texts through their lawyer, and then GP's mother could have reported GP missing sooner than September 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member