GUILTY WI - Slenderman Case Morgan Geyser & Anissa Weier Sentenced to Mental Hospitals

Update/new info on documentary on the planning, carrying out and left for dead in the Slenderman case.

All girls were age 12, now are 17
Morgan Geyser and Anita Weier fund guilty by insanity
And will spend the sentence in a mental hospital, which
Is 40 years
Appeals have been filed, Geyser said did not understand
the rights she gave up, nor should she have been tried as
An adult, not should she get 40 years.
Peyton Leutner is continuing to recover

What Slenderman teens told their victim before stabbing her | Daily Mail Online

Some info on the second trailer on Slenderman due to be released this August, 2019.
Watch the terrifying new 'Slender Man' film trailer

Morgan Geyser has a case before the Wisconsin appeals court to overturn her conviction, because of her mental illness. She was diagnosed by the state, not a private psychiatrist. The appeal has been before the appeals court for several months. We are waiting a verdict.

It got denied as it should have. Those 12 year olds knew exactly what they were doing long before they even did it. Diabolical to say the least. I wonder if Anissa got out. She was going to petition July 2020. As far as I’m concerned they both feigned and overdid the mental illness to not go to jail, then they get in the mental institution and now , oh, we are WELL! Can’t stand when people work the system.

Prosecutors asked a judge Wednesday for time to file written arguments on whether a Wisconsin woman convicted of stabbing a middle-school classmate seven years ago to please internet horror character Slender Man deserves to be released from a mental health facility.

Anissa Weier, now 19, has asked Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren for conditional release from the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh. Bohren sentenced her in December 2017 to 25 years in the institution.

Bohren held a hearing on the request Wednesday and prosecutors said they would like several weeks to prepare briefs on whether Weier should be released. Bohren gave them until March 26 to submit them and Weier's attorneys until April 9 to respond in writing. He scheduled another hearing for June 11.

Slender Man stabbing case: Wisconsin woman, 19, seeking release as lawyers to file arguments

1 of 2 teens convicted in Wisconsin Slender Man stabbing says she has reached facility's treatment limits, wants to rejoin society

MADISON, Wis. -- A Wisconsin woman convicted of stabbing her classmate seven years ago to please internet horror character Slender Man said Wednesday she deserves to be released from a mental health facility because she has exhausted her treatment options and needs to be a productive member of society to keep progressing.

Anissa Weier, now 19, has asked Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren to release her from the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh. Bohren sentenced her in December 2017 to 25 years in the institution.

Weier submitted a letter to Bohren during a hearing on the request Wednesday. In the letter, obtained by WDJT-TV, she writes that she's sorry for the pain she's caused but she's learned to forgive herself.

"I vowed after my crime that I would never become a weapon again, and I intend to keep that vow. I hate my actions (on the day of the attack), but through countless hours of therapy I no longer hate myself for them," she wrote.
"By petitioning the Court for conditional release, I am NOT saying I am done with my treatment. I am saying that I have exhausted all the resources available to me at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute. If I am to become a productive member of society, I need to be a part of society."

She went on to say that she hopes to get some form of higher education and would comply with any conditions Bohren might impose on her.

"I want to reiterate that I am not saying I am done growing, changing, evolving or adapting," she said. "I just can't do it here anymore."

While I don't have any knowledge as to the current mental state of the woman involved here, her letter and what's publicly known about her conduct at the institution seem to indicate that she's legitimately remorseful about attacking her friend. If the professionals at the facility indicate that she is unlikely to be a threat to others, then I think it's reasonable for her to be moved into some form of supervised release for the time being.

1 of 2 teens convicted in Wisconsin Slender Man stabbing says she has reached facility's treatment limits, wants to rejoin society

While I don't have any knowledge as to the current mental state of the woman involved here, her letter and what's publicly known about her conduct at the institution seem to indicate that she's legitimately remorseful about attacking her friend. If the professionals at the facility indicate that she is unlikely to be a threat to others, then I think it's reasonable for her to be moved into some form of supervised release for the time being.

I agree with you about AW. Sounds reasonable to give her a chance to prove herself based on her behavior over the past 7 years

Her hearing was supposed to be on Friday. Waiting for an update...

Last edited:
A judge has approved early release for Anissa Weier, but did not allow her to go free immediately.

There will be another hearing on September 10. The state was given this time to prepare a conditional release plan.

So much for a 25-year sentence!

Judge approves early release for teen in ‘Slender Man’ stabbing

"A judge in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Thursday is expected to send 16-year-old Anissa Weier to a facility for at least three years after she was previously found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect."
Girl convicted in Slender Man stabbing sentenced

"According to Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren’s ruling, Weier, 16, will spend at least three years at a mental health facility before she can ask to be discharged. If doctors deem she can be released for outpatient care, she could then be under state supervision until she is 37."
'Slenderman' stabbing: Teen committed to mental institution | CNN

I just watched a documentary on this case. It was interesting. I know one of the girls the father had schizophrenia and she was eventually diagnosed as well.

I am hoping that both girls have been receiving the care and treatments they need. While IMO they are guilty of the crime one had a mental disease that likely did not allow her to fully comprehend. Hopefully the one being release while being released and followed will not fall through the cracks.

Just saw this Weier was released today...

Anissa Weier, Teen Convicted of Stabbing Friend in 2014 'Slender Man' Case, Will Walk Free Today

The 19-year-old initially wasn't supposed to be released until she turned 37

By Chris Harris
September 13, 2021 01:01 PM
Anissa Weier, the teenager convicted of stabbing her classmate during the infamous 2014 "Slender Man" attack, will be released today from a Wisconsin psychiatric hospital, PEOPLE confirms.

A judge decided Friday that Weier, now 19, would be released Monday after spending almost four years at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh.

---------------
More here:
Anissa Weier, Teen Convicted of Stabbing Friend in 2014 'Slender Man' Case, Will Walk Free Today

Just saw this Weier was released today...

The 19-year-old initially wasn't supposed to be released until she turned 37

By Chris Harris
September 13, 2021 01:01 PM
Anissa Weier, the teenager convicted of stabbing her classmate during the infamous 2014 "Slender Man" attack, will be released today from a Wisconsin psychiatric hospital, PEOPLE confirms.

A judge decided Friday that Weier, now 19, would be released Monday after spending almost four years at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh.

---------------
More here:

This is deceiving.. While yes she was released from the Institute she is still under state supervision until she turns 37 per the ruling. She felt that she has reached the level of treatment she could get at the facility and can get more outside of the state hospital.

I am glad she received treatment and matured based on her request for supervised release. I just hate that the headline made it seem she just got to walk out scot free when she is still having requirements. I am assuming it is like a parole.

Good point -- Hoping that it does work like parole, and let's hope that she is serious about becoming a good and positive person in our society. Also, let's hope that she received good lessons on how to do so.

Just read the news, late to the game. I hope she gets good continuing support and care now that released and that her words are not just lip service. I want to believe that she could go on to be a good positive member of society.

Has anyone heard if there has been any reaction good, bad or indifferent from her victim or victim family to this release?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back