Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An innocent person doesn't immediately get a lawyer and refuse to talk to anyone, including a missing person's distraught parents, if they are actually innocent.

While I am not advocating for BL's innocence here... I have watched enough Law & Order to know that getting a lawyer is always a good idea. It is unfortunate though. Had he not known better, there might be more breaks in this case.

Thank you @aquamarine. BL's lawyer is essentially repeating what he said on Tuesday: BL was not going to talk then, now, or tomorrow!

That's a huge red flag for me. In most cases, a person would want to do everything possible to help track a loved one down--even if there was a breakup.

What's interesting is that GP's mom was texting both BL and BL's mother toward the end of August but NEITHER returned her texts. That tells me that they might have made a family decision not to give out any information.

I think that was unwise, and I think most of what that family is doing now--closing ranks--is unwise.

And, telling...

JMOO, to all of course.

I haven't seen anything that shows him being controlling and narcissistic, I think people are just using their own personal opinions based on the situation. From all other accounts, people are surprised at what's happened. There haven't been too many people who spoke out, but the ones who have didn't say anything bad or negative about Brian.
I also recall the statement saying Christopher doesn't know what he saw but "feared the worst." Does a
He is definitely not a nice person to not say where her daughter is and why he left her.
nyone have his full statement? It wasn't included in the original 4 pages.

He is definitely not a nice person to not say where their daughter is and why he left her. All reports on scribed from all involved. I don’t have the link maybe someone else can post?

I think mom does not want anything to interfere with locating her daughter. Things such as what's being reported in the incident report can deter volunteers so I respect that she wanted to steer the focus on today and not what happened 3 weeks ago. MOO
It absolutely should not deter in my opinion. Manic or not she needs to be found and brought home safe and sound. MOO

While I am not advocating for BL's innocence here... I have watched enough Law & Order to know that getting a lawyer is always a good idea. It is unfortunate though. Had he not known better, there might be more breaks in this case.

Probably so, that's true.

Ignoring GP's mother's pleas to help her find her daughter might not have been the best course of action.

I get the distinct feeling that bad choices were made after the fact (and before and during the fact) but it's those after-the-fact choices that are going to come back to bite someone in the rear end. Maybe a whole family of someones.

JMOO

I know it is wrong to speculate about their mental health, both of them, because we don't know them and this is confidential information.

However, the police report is public info with some redactions, and apparently GP and BL both reported their self-diagnoses to the police. We don't know at this point if their diagnoses were medically valid, if they just conjured up these diagnoses so the police would not arrest them, or anything in-between.

What we DO know as a fact is that Gabby said she was afraid he’d drive away and was desperate enough to climb through the driver’s window and over BL to get back into the van.

So, avoiding any diagnosis that comes to mind (which are several), I’ll just say again that what appears to be a blissful love affair of two free-spirited people was anything but that. If their van life, yoga mindset and carefree existence was how they planned to make a living online, these personal problems certainly would put a halt to that.

Could the potential of not gaining followers and subscribers be a catalyst for disaster? Who knows? Brian does! Speak, Brian!!!

I believe @SuziQ mentioned that a lot of young people hitchhike in Moab, sometimes with strangers. It’s also possible that GP and BL separated and she went off to hitchhike and met a bad end that way. That happened to high school friends of mine (Mitch and Bonnie, still missing since 1973, there’s a WS forum about them). It’s possible but not what I believe happened. That’s because BRIAN needs to SAY SOMETHING! Even if she hitchhiked with someone evil, he can still tell her family where he was last with her, and he should be drowning in tears that she’s missing. JMO

There is nothing to indicate that she was suicidal. She was communicating with family, her posts were normal and consistent up until the timeline of her disappearance begins.

If she was suicidal, I highly doubt BL would be hiding behind a lawyer and refusing to communicate her last known location to LE.

Edit to add: if my fiance/partner was potentially suicidal, no matter how angry I was at them for whatever reason, I would assist LE in every way I could to locate them and ensure their safety.

Especially with such suspicion on the family, there would be little to no reason not to assist LE in every way to locate the missing person.

IMO
***DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING SUICIDE IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE***

That being said, it's actually extremely common for people with bipolar disorder to commit suicide when they are manic or hypomanic. Mania includes impulsivity, a lack of future thought, grandiose ideas, etc. It's also not always euphoria; it can also present as extreme anger. Additionally, someone with bipolar knows what it is like to feel both the highs and the lows, so when someone is manic and seems like everything is going great in their life, they also know what will be coming after: an incredibly crushing low. Some people make an impulsive decision to avoid that crushing low while they are in the throes of a manic episode.

Source: Someone with bipolar disorder II who also knows multiple people who have done or planned to do the above.

Apologies, as I'm new to the case and don't have the time to read through every thread.

Do we know the last state they were confirmed in? Just trying to see how far from there to FL. That's potentially a lot of land to hide and/or discard pertinent items.

So if the timeline we've been given is correct, and the last verbal contact GP had with her mother was on (latest 25th Aug) besides texts, that would mean that at the very least, Gabby has been missing for 21 days with absolutely no contact or sightings.

I hope I'm wrong, but even stranded in a remote area, it seems they went to camping areas. I struggle to understand that should she have been left alive and well, she would not have found another camper or passing person and used their phone to alert her parents to the fact that she was stranded and needed help.

Especially if she and BL had had an awful breakup. The first person I'd call would be my mom and it doesn't seem like they were remote enough for her not to hike a couple of hours and find someone with a phone to use, or someone to alert that she'd been stranded by her partner.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member