Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he actually has no idea where she is- she took off in the middle of the night and after a day or so he drove home.
Had to reply ... IF this happened, why doesn't BL say something ?
He wouldn't have to say where she left him at, but it would help.
The longer he hides away from answering questions, the worse it looks for him.
Not to mention it's disrespectful to Gabby's anguished loved ones.
I cannot imagine what they're going through.
Imo.

Why cant they arrest him for the van? How do they know it is not stolen or he had permission to drive it to FL? Can they arrest him put him in jail and run him through the ringer on it?

I guess it would be obvious that using the van was shared, but in a pinch would he have to prove that, in other words, here is our agreement on the van?

Just some thoughts, IMO.
No one reported the van stolen, as it's now with police, it can't be reported stolen. There is a fine line here, they don't know what happened to Gabby, but everyone knows he had every right to be driving the van and was probably on the insurance. They can't prove theft right now. I doubt they had a written agreement regarding the van, but seeing as there is plenty of proof that he worked on it and drove it and that it was a joint project, until there is some actual evidence then he didn't actually steal it and even then, I think it would pale in comparison to any other criminal charge if Gabby ends up having been harmed.

He is definitely not a nice person to not say where their daughter is and why he left her. All reports on scribed from all involved. I don’t have the link maybe someone else can post?
Exactly. He's 'controlling' the narrative very well right now by his stubbornness. He posted insta posts for her. He was trying to keep her phone from her and was taking her van...dude was hella controlling it seems.

Mere speculation on my part, since she seemed so frightened that he wouldn't let her back in the van, HER van I know, but he was behind the wheel. Her overwrought reaction, climbing through through the occupied driver's side window and crawling over BL, makes me think he may have locked her out before. Leading to my conjecture that there is the slimmest chance he did it again after the police incident, and apparently hitchhiking with strangers is a done thing in Moab. But as I said in my earlier post, that is not what I actually believe happened.

This post makes me wonder why BL did not take his own advice here. Seems to me that he would have left GP alone with HER van while he took a walk.

Instead, BL was sitting inside the van, trying to prevent her from entering the van -- locking her out per his statement to police. Really? This was the solution to calm any anxiety GP was experiencing? GP told LE she was afraid BL would leave her stranded.

No kind of walk would have ever relieved and/or eliminated that fear!!

This was pure control, dominance, and intimidation at work. MOO

If the state has enough evidence that he has harmed or killed Gabby, they can arrest him. He may never talk. He doesn't have to. There was only circumstantial evidence in many murder cases. Scott Peterson is one example.

Does anyone think it's possible that she could literally be ANYWHERE in the US? Could they have headed back to Florida together upon leaving the hotel on the 24th? Could a fight have happened somewhere along the way? What a nightmare this must be for her parents.

Another good example of young men never talking to authorities is the Lauren Spierer case. She has never been found. Lauren Spierer went missing 10 years ago today | WBIW
bbm
Agreed, esp. the bolded portion.

I think a judge would have to sign off on a SW for BL's phone ?
Am considering here what other avenues LE can look for in the search for Gabby.

And he is exercising every single one of those rights for sure... I'm not saying I am happy he isn't talking by any means, but it's definitely smart if he thinks there is any remote possibility of him being tried for wrongdoing towards GP. MOO.

IF he is indeed suffering from a similar mental health condition as GP, and IF he also is Not on medication for it, he may be terrified of answering LE questions.

With an attorney beside him, I would think that might lessen his fears...I must say that I am absolutely shocked at the information released today!

I've not gotten much accomplished all day

This post makes me wonder why BL did not take his own advice here. Seems to me that he would have left GP alone with HER van while he took a walk.

Instead, BL was sitting inside the van, trying to prevent her from entering the van -- locking her out per his statement to police. Really? This was the solution to calm any anxiety GP was experiencing? GP told LE she was afraid BL would leave her stranded.
If he wanted to get away from her for awhile but she insisted on being with him, the smartest option would be to lock yourself in somewhere, the van may have been the only place.

I just noticed this, in an article posted previously in the thread. If you go to the middle of the article there is a US map that shows where they went and when.

It appears they're saying the "no service in Yosemite" was, in fact, sent from the vicinity of Yosemite. What made the family think they were going to Yellowstone (a good thought, they were pretty close) instead of Yosemite? Could Gabby herself have mixed up the two names?

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

bbm
It's certainly appearing that way. :(
Excellent points, btw.
MOO.

Ok, this is either the worst lawyer in the history of lawyers or he knows without a doubt that Brian is innocent. IMO
I wouldn't necessarily think either are true. Just my speculation: I believe the attorney is a family friend from when the L family lived in NY. I think the attorney is in over his (and knows it).

Further speculation: I believe the attorney's (and the L's) stonewalling is a tactic to buy time for BL to find a local, criminal defense attorney. Again, just my hunch.

If so, his attorney needs to state that. The more silence and stonewalling, the more BL looks as though he has a lot to hide.
Except if that is the truth and he says that, would literally anyone believe it?

He's safer from a legal standpoint saying nothing.

Do I think it's the morally right thing to do? No.

Do I think from a legal defense standpoint it's the right thing to do? Absolutely.

Our system is based on burden of proof and innocence until proven guilty, and anything you say can and will be used against you. He is the last known person to see her alive currently, and it's not a good look for him, regardless of his involvement.

As someone noted upthread, around August 26, BL's insta is very different - shows him wandering around, eating melons, with the camera apparently propped somewhere or on a very short tripod. Or at least, it did have that (can't find it now). It definitely looked like it could be Wyoming in the background.

I am not ready to ponder whether anyone moved her body - I am trying to hope that someone saw her somewhere between Grand Teton and where ever the van is on the days that BL was a solo actor in the videos.

It would also seem to me that if BL was in fact driving around with a body in the van, there will be some evidence.

Looks like his Insta is now private. I bet someone here took a screenshot, though.

I can still see his insta, unless he quickly changed it a few minutes ago then thought better of it and changed back.

ITA and I don’t think it’s the first time he pulled this on her
JMO

IMO it is really easy to gaslight someone who is struggling with mental health issues and get them to blame themselves instead of their abuser. The police report makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I agree and hate this narrative that is being spun that Gabby is unstable. Perhaps she is just young and has bad PMS? She is tired, broke, and living in a van in the desert. I just think this flunky is going to use that to his advantage.

If so, his attorney needs to state that. The more silence and stonewalling, the more BL looks as though he has a lot to hide.
Except if that is the truth and he says that, would literally anyone believe it?

He's safer from a legal standpoint saying nothing.

Do I think it's the morally right thing to do? No.

Do I think from a legal defense standpoint it's the right thing to do? Absolutely.

Our system is based on burden of proof and innocence until proven guilty, and anything you say can and will be used against you. He is the last known person to see her alive currently, and it's not a good look for him, regardless of his involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo