SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody Alcorn
@CodyAlcorn

#BREAKING: I just confirmed with Alex Murdaugh’s attorney, Dick Harpootlian, he’s turning himself in on Thursday in Hampton County on multiple charges. Watch the interview tonight on The Ten O’clock News on
@foxcarolinanews
I just really hate the fact that he gets to turn himself in, as opposed to being taken into custody immediately.

I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid in the meantime.

Thanks to all posting MSM / news channel / online sourced updates on this thread . I see today the story has hit UK news so its went international . looks like thread is moving fast and ivd a lot to catch up on . Thanks again for all the input and I enjoy reading your ideas and comments

This is, well, interesting. Curtis either has emphysema, or needs an attitude adjustment.

https://twitter.com/wpdeabc15/status/1438230466478411778?s=21
To me he actually appears to be quite ill. I wonder if he has late stage lung cancer or as you said emphysema. It would kind of make sense that he would agree to "assist" AM in the "suicide". Maybe for a payout to leave to his family.
The bigger question is, would he commit double homicide to help AM out? I'm not sure he's even healthy enough to do that. I can't imagine him sneaking up on ANYONE with that cough!

Do people really write checks for their drugs? Does the dealer pay taxes on the money? COME ON!

I was in banking for many years. Where would AM get the cash? From a bank. Cash transactions are more suspicious than other types. Cash transactions are closely watched. Too many questions are asked of cash transactions. The IRS among others wants to know all. More and more banks are requiring ID to make a cash deposit. Am I remembering correctly that CES owned a trucking company? He probably made up an invoice to go along with the checks and deposited them into a business account. In recent years drug dealers have been using Venmo and other payment apps. Those are being watched now as well.

I just really hate the fact that he gets to turn himself in, as opposed to being taken into custody immediately.

I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid in the meantime.
I don't think this is a great idea. I'd think he'd be considered a suicide risk since he just ummmm....hired someone to kill him! I hate to see him not have to face charges.

Authorities have not revealed how Smith knew Murdaugh; however, Smith was Murdaugh’s past legal client. Furthermore, an old obituary for a Walterboro-based brother of a Curtis Edward Smith indicates that their mother was named “Emaline Murdaugh Smith.” It’s not clear whether that gives Smith a family relation to Murdaugh, however distant. Emaline’s obituary says she was the “daughter of the late Edward Carroll Murdaugh and the late Charity Robertson Murdaugh.”
Curtis Edward Smith: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Coincidence?:
C. E. SMITH TRUCKING, LLC :: South Carolina (US) :: OpenCorporates
Maybe not a coincidence:
Who lives at 1075 Burlington Rd, Walterboro SC | Rehold
They are distantly related. Alex's great great great grandfather (Josiah Putnam Murdaugh or "JPM", 1793-1882) was CES's great great great great grandfather.

JPM had 5 children, among them Josiah Putnam Murdaugh (JPM II, 1830-1912) and Lazarus Brown Murdaugh (LBM, 1814-1864). JPM II was father to the first Randolph Murdaugh (1887-1940), Alex's great grandfather.

LBM was father to Thomas Preacher Murdaugh (1847-1923) who was father to Williams Clemmons "Clem" Murdaugh (1875-1938) who was father to Edward Carroll Murdaugh, Sr (1913-1992) who was father to CES's mother.

If he converted/misappropriated so much money and then paid for drugs by check that means he deposited the "converted" money into his bank account. Aren't banks supposed to report suspicious transactions? You would think he would be getting regular payments/distributions from the law firm -- not random one-offs of "converted" money. The bank is supposed to know their customers. JMO.

It is up to the company to monitor their bank accounts and employees. The bank is not an accountant. If there is something obvious, then yes the bank would step in.

"Harpootlian also claims that he and Griffin are pursuing leads and have gathered information that may implicate a suspect in the June killings of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

The attorney says that he and Griffin have zeroed in on 'an individual or individuals we believe - may - have some culpability' or had carried out the murder.

'We think we'll know this week whether the one suspect we're looking at bears further scrutiny and we'll make that information available to law enforcement,' Harpootlian says.

I'm so glad his lawyers are on the case (eye roll).
The timing of their investigation possibly producing a suspect in the next week or so is perfect...

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, the family's statement says. The reward is only being offered on tips and information received before September 30, 2021.
Yeah well....if there really is a outside party involved in 2 murders, if I was Dick, I wouldn't be airing on national TV that I knew who it was.

JMO

BBM

Yeah my thinking exactly. It really is going to become a "Judicial Hellhole" for the prosecutors and Paradise Road for the defense attorneys and their clients. lol

JMO

ETA: Paradise Road for insurance companies too. Yipee, maybe insurance rates will drop all over the country if the IC's recover some of those huge settlements.
Awwwww...and just when PMPD got their new, shiny (and completely tone deaf) website back online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie