Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 23 yr old daughter and I are very open about mental health issues ( family member suffered ) she told me recently she was appalled at the number of people who were saying they had mental health issues and using all the hashtags with posts on social media . She did say it was as if it was almost trendy and fashionable to have mental health issues .
I'm not downplaying MH issues in anyway , having lost my own brother to suicide . I just thought I'd share these observations
I wanted to say just this but worried it would be misunderstood.

I haven't seen the entire thread, I am curious whether the pictures and graphic art he posted (and presumably drew) has been noted. It is quite violent. To be sure from the Iliad, to Francis Bacon to Hollywood, lots of disturbing violent imagery has been authored by people who are not violent. But still I find it possibly relevant that he had a fascination with hyper violent images.

We are all missing a lot I believe. I wish LE would hold a press conference regarding this matter.

They did - at 11:30AM today. That's how we learned that they [LE] categorically do find BL suspicious.

If there is no power in the area, you have to use cash or a cash app if the restaurant accepts that. The Point of Sale terminals at restaurants don't work. So if you walk into a restaurant to buy something (and I have to ask if there is no power how are the restaurant open and operating), you need cash.

If she was just out of money in general, he could have sent her money instantly via PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.

Edited to spell out Point of Sale because it didn't like the acronym ;o)

Can confirm from that big transformer lightning strike a few (?) years after 9/11 that affected several states... I walked from my midtown office to my friends' in Chelsea. Along the way I desperately needed a restroom, and they have those pay toilets in the little park by Macy's (?) that cost like 50 cents... I couldn't even use them, because the cash box runs on electricity. IIRC I went to an Irish bar; threw them (manual) money for a G&T as they were trying to drink up all the ice before it melted; and used their bathroom lit by candlelight. Kind of fun, once everyone realized it wasn't super sinister...

Except that only one came back and I think they have proof - we Floridians love our ring doorbell and video cameras on our garage doors - of course that’s speculation on my part but I’m going to guess LE canvassed their street and has pulled sunpass records potentially - it’s a bold statement for the chief to make IMO
Mr. Steven Bertolino, esq. the @NorthPortPolice needs your help in finding Gabby Petito. Please call us to arrange a conversation with Brian Laundrie. Two people left on a trip and one person returned! #wheresgabby #FindGabby #fbitampa #gabbypetito

https://twitter.com/nppdpolicechief/status/1438242034775732236?s=21

Fair enough though my broader point is since there is zero information, there is no reason to believe she's in Wyoming, Utah or anywhere in particular. They may have left, together, to return to Florida and she could be anywhere along that return route, right on into the state of Florida and I don't mean to the home they were living in there. The route he (or they) drove back is crucial info and covers a lot of territory.

Possible bad interaction Moab couple shot. Cause argument GP and boyfriend causing 911 call.

‘They left in van before police arrived but police later see the van running red light. Boyfriend doesn’t stop right away and girlfriend goes nuts pounding on arm to stop van which is witnessed by police. Boyfriend stops and female is rightfully very upset. He may blame her for everything. Now he has a witness … to get rid of later but must first go to Florida to get rid of evidence.

she doesn’t have mental health issue … she witnessed a bad crime and her bf isn’t stopping the van.
link please? I'm trying hard to catch up.

I r

I read the police report at: https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

Apparently there was an error in redacting the mental health condition the couple suffered from in the police report. In other words, that mental health condition "anxiety", was not redacted in one instance. So that is the mental health condition they suffered from, apparently.
Not to be flippant but unless I hear about a verified clinical diagnosis, I'm calling this a red herring. I also think one police interaction does not make BL a victim of battered boyfriend syndrome. Ridiculous that any officer would use that language having no knowledge of either party except this one encounter.

I would have a lot of anxiety if after 6 weeks of travel, I thought I might be abandoned, as is suggested here. I feel really bad for GP. BL seems to have deserted her to go home to Florida for a week. Why? That is a big red flag to me. And puts his parents into a potential jeopardy for covering up a crime.

Anyone know whether they had their own place before they left on this trip?

If I were her family, I would be filing civil litigation against BL to obtain her van and belongings, hoping to put pressure on him and his family.

JMO

I haven't seen the entire thread, I am curious whether the pictures and graphic art he posted (and presumably drew) has been noted. It is quite violent. To be sure from the Iliad, to Francis Bacon to Hollywood, lots of disturbing violent imagery has been authored by people who are not violent. But still I find it possibly relevant that he had a fascination with hyper violent images.
I don't see it being noted by anyone involved in the investigation. But the relevance of his art is like the relevance of people saying video games or rap music causes violence, i.e. it's not fair.

Brian was comfortable answering questions from police over the domestic dispute call in Utah.

And now, when police are desperately seeking answers from Brian, such as Gabby’s last known whereabouts and why they separated, he suddenly goes mute and his lawyer is speaking for him on his behalf.

The weird thing to me is that even murderers usually pretend the person just took off or went missing. They say something. If he just dropped her off on the side on the road and left, why not say something? He has to know they will be looking at his phone pings to follow his path. Maybe he is just trying to delay her being found so that evidence has time to deteriorate to the point that it’s hard to determine what happened?

MOO

Agree. Maybe not all that crazy though. I mean two crimes happened in the same general area? Why is that such a coincidence?
Agree. And even more of a coincidence is what @Coquette posted that he has an IG post about the book Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk about a man who sets out on a road trip of sorts and becomes a serial killer. MOO

The art on his Instagram? It's mostly cartoony stuff and comic art and I think he copied 90% from somewhere else. It didn't seem disturbing to me at all. I will also volunteer that I'm an artist and when I was GP's age I did a painting of my boyfriend in a graveyard like he was terrified, and believe me, I was totally harmless. I also used to draw "disturbing" things, it's very common with artists. Means nothing if the person is a real artist. If these things are drawn by a person who is *not* an artist, I would worry. . ... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member