Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this too and it’s enough to convince me that she was definitely in Grand Teton.
Right! It's pretty decent evidence.
I am currently scrolling through the gram looking for things in the background of pics at Grand Teton. Me and probably thousands of other people lol.
Also, taking a look at Yellowstone, just in the hope there may be something!

So MOO...she seems in crisis. Think he ended it with her and went home mad and got rid of her stuff. She likely texted and called non stop begging him back. Maybe she finally got him to come back to help her drive the van home. Maybe she hoped they'd reconcile. But he was adamantly opposed so she lost it and ran off or he left her. But doesn't explain why he didn't contact her family. Like if he was done with the relationship but would still care about her he would call mom and tell her that he's done but she needs some help. Make sure she was taken care of.

Hmmm...now I think he went back and things were still not good between them so he just drove off and left her in the wilderness. Cold hearted black and white type of persona. When he's done he's done. All in or all out.

Wow. Watching her portion of the video, I think the police officer who wrote the report we all read yesterday COMPLETELY mischaracterized her behavior. She was not out of control at all - in fact, although clearly upset she was very much in control of herself.

Brian definitely says he has no phone, but then later on, the officer says “Her main concern is you get cellphone power”, so he was either straight-up lying to the police, or the policeman who says “text each other in the morning” thinks that they both have phones but really, Gabby is getting Brian to get her phone charged while he’s somewhere with power and she isn’t.

FYI: Brian is the one that stayed in a hotel the night after they got pulled over. LE let Gabby take the keys and the van, and told her there was a spot she could shower for 4-5 bucks.

Anyone from the area familiar with that hotel? (See the last few mins of the raw body cam footage).

Originally, Brian wanted to be dropped off at the Delicate Arches (before they decided to put him in a room, bc he was considered the victim).

Had BL threatened to leave Gabby somewhere earlier on the trip before the body cam footage, or possibly had driven off and left her before? I don't think she got that worked up over nothing. She was afraid he was going to drive off and leave her for a reason.

This body cam footage was hard to watch, especially when he says "she's crazy" to the officer. She doesn't look crazy, she looks upset. I have a feeling he not only didn't support her trying to set up an online blog, I have a feeling he was also impatient with her. Didn't the cashier near the hotel they stayed at say they came in and he told her to "hurry up" while they were in the convenience store? Maybe they really were there in the store because that sounds plausible to me after seeing this.

I wonder if their tent was in the van when LE took it in Florida? I just had this awful thought, what if he got up and left her asleep in the tent and just drove off leaving her in the middle of nowhere? That makes my head hurt just thinking about it. I can see this guy doing that. He may have fooled the officers, but I saw a lot of red flags.

BBM Totally agree - when the officer is talking to Gabby he does not give her time to respond..he just keeps talking over her and suggesting answers to her - I don't see any "crying uncontrollably" in any of this. I see a young girl who is upset and a companion who is wound very tight, trying very hard to control the narrative and stay one step ahead. Lots of "mansplaining" happening in this video IMO

Whatever happened to GP, whatever the outcome, one thing is for sure: BL 's continued silence is ruining his future. Anyone here want to marry him or allow your daughter to even date him? Want to hire him to greet or serve customers at your business? This case and his behavior will follow him forever. I venture to say it will follow him forever even if GP is found alive, because of what he has put her family through, the searchers through, and etc. His complicit family members are doing him no favors.
I’d really like to believe this but I sadly think people’s attention span is super short. No one will even remember him in a few years and he just needs to apply for a name change. As for personal life, it seems there are always women who love to believe they are the only ones who truly understand ___. (Fill with whatever name of man accused of anything).

Boiling this down to the simplest of theories: He did something to her to cause her death- now he is trying to cover his butt and hiding behind his attorney. My concern is this: if they never find her body, and he never confesses, he could actually get away with murder: Isn't that true? Have the police executed any search warrants and if not, why not? I think they had a terrible argument and he did something to her. I hate cases like this-- reminds me of some of the missing children cases where we believe the mom or dad did something to end the child's life but as long as the perp disposed of the body so it is never found, and he/she never confesses, the perp is free as the breeze (think Kyron Horman and several other cases).

Body camera video released of police interaction with Petito, Laundrie after 911 call

The Moab City Police Department in Utah released body camera footage of their interaction with Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie from back on August 12.

The body camera captures officers responding to a 911 call reporting a domestic incident between Petito and Laundrie.

Live updates: Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her

Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her
She does not appear the least bit "hysterical" to me. She seems incredibly sad and scared. In fact, her behavior seems more appropriate than his, considering they had been arguing for the last two days and it escalated to a physical altercation. She is visibly shaken while he is laughing and talking to investigators.

Why would the officer tell Gabby she had no reason to be crying? How would he know how she was feeling?

I wish they had asked her the same questions they asked BL about feeling safe. It seems they were only interested in his side of the story.

Whose cell phone was she trying to get at? Did BL take her phone, intending to lock her out of the van without it?

I didn't like the way the officer said she "broke" into the van after he locked her out. It was her van!

All of this is JMO.

She doesn't seem crazy...she seems sad and overwhelmed. She is 22, a child still in so many ways. This bonding of the officers with BL about the CRAZY EMOTIONAL woman is sickening. She's honest, forthcoming, upset, but genuine. He's portraying a character and seems to be nervous/hiding things. Maybe he hasn't done anything terrible at this point but I believe he KNOWS he is the abusive one in the relationship. The abuser typically knows deep down what they are doing.

She seems like a sweet girl who is putting too much on herself and not holding him accountable for his BS. He is playing the calm, cool and collected role to cops even though they had to ask him "are you always this wired?" -- I think he bullied her all trip and she took a lot of that and pinned it on herself. I think he was unsupportive of her blogging efforts and put her down for it. And she probably snapped at him and they fought like couples fight. Except this guy is a sicko a la Chris Watts, and I think he did something horrible and then instantly regretted it but it was too late. He stole her van and drove it back to FL. At the end of the day, that's her vehicle and he took it. So he should be arrested today and they need to interrogate him until he comes out with the truth.

Last edited:
Were they traveling together in the van starting July 1, 2021 or before that? Her Mom referred to "months" as do others. Seems to me weeks or even days would be more accurate since his flying home was in mid-August.

Why would her mother minimize their conflict? Is she trying to get BL to talk?

JMO

TIA to anyone who can clear this up. I know they went to CA on a road trip in her car before she bought the van. I don't know the timeframe, though.

Imo
This was.not their FIRST conflict!
Maybe the first o e cops were.called!
Jmo

it was heartbreaking when she asked the officer to make sure he brought his phone charger with him. Even in this situation, she was looking out for him. Little sweet girls always look out for those around them. And she was helping him out in that moment even though he had been abusive towards her. And to think a few weeks later he did what we all think he did... UGH

She does not appear the least bit "hysterical" to me. She seems incredibly sad and scared. In fact, her behavior seems more appropriate than his, considering they had been arguing for the last two days and it escalated to a physical altercation. She is visibly shaken while he is laughing and talking to investigators.

Why would the officer tell Gabby she had no reason to be crying? How would he know how she was feeling?

I wish they had asked her the same questions they asked BL about feeling safe. It seems they were only interested in his side of the story.

Whose cell phone was she trying to get at? Did BL take her phone, intending to lock her out of the van without it?

I didn't like the way the officer said she "broke" into the van after he locked her out. It was her van!

Even if it wasn´t her van. This is their home. Imo you can´t lock each other out. Take a walk, go shopping or something but locking each other out is not done Imo.

SEP 16, 2021
Body camera video released of police interaction with Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie after 911 call - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
[...]

The officer summarized the encounter in the report.

"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to take a walk to calm down," he wrote. "She didn't want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van."

Police said all parties agreed that Petito had slapped Laundrie and that he had not struck her, and that there were no serious injuries and no party wanted to press charges.

Petito reportedly told officers she suffers from serious anxiety and other redacted medical conditions, and police categorized the incident as a "mental/emotional health break" rather than a domestic assault. Petito told police that the arguments between the couple had been building over the past couple of days.

[...]

Garrison said there are no plans to obtain a search warrant for his parents home, where the two lived. "We don't have a crime in this. We are investigating a missing person."

[...]

I feel terrible for her parents this morning watching this.

Every one of those male officers needs serious training on handling women and domestic violence. Immediately.

I think so too. I had a very hard time imagining him murdering her when he was concerned about her even spending a night in jail. However…those gigantic hands are frightening!

Those men commiserating over crazy women was infuriating. That is no place for male bonding!
I was very surprised that none of these officers seemed to be aware of the red flags in BL's speech and demeanor. I would have expected that they would have some training in DV? His being overly friendly and trying to establish a repour with the officers, while making disparaging remarks about her is a huge red flag. This is the woman he was engaged to and the love of is life and this is how he talked about her?

Even if it wasn´t her van. This is their home. Imo you can´t lock each other out. Take a walk, go shopping or something but locking each other out is not done Imo.
In domestic violence the safest thing u can do.is.lock the person out! They can't hurt u, u can't in turn hurt them! Its.logical!
He told her to take a walk and calm down!

Last edited:
Wonder if BL has realised that Grand Teton National Park has live streaming webcams???
Just discovered a page with links to web cams all over the national park. Would have to think if Teton has it other parks would to......Wonder how much archived footage they keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82