Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some observations I have from watching the video, besides what I already posted.

-In the beginning of the video, Gabby says “I was apologizing to him. Sometimes I’m so mean.”

I had a boyfriend who used to tell me that all the time. Eventually I started to believe him.

-She says after she hit him, he grabbed her face. If you’re defending someone from hitting you, you grab their arm/hand, not their face.

-She tells the officer “I know he gets frustrated with me a lot because…” and a good portion of audio is redacted after this. Why does he get frustrated with her a lot?

-The officer asks Brian if he takes any medications. The audio of the beginning of his response is redacted and when it comes back, he’s ending what he was saying by telling them no, he doesn’t take medication. Was he possibly telling them he had taken medication in the past? If so, did he just recently go off of it?

-She calls and talks to her parents during this incident. She’s clearly taking the blame for what happened in the video, so I’m guessing that’s how she was communicating what happened to her parents. Is that why her mom dismissed the incident? Because she believed Gabby went off and attacked Brian and didn’t want anyone to think less of her?

-When the officer ends up telling her that he’s not going to cite her for domestic violence, she gets so emotional. I can almost imagine the relief she felt, possibly thinking, oh good, I haven’t ruined my future :(

-The officer asks Gabby if she wants him to tell Brian anything and she says I love you. He tells Brian she said that and Brian doesn’t say he loves her too or ask the officer to give her a message (although, kindly, the officer lies and tells her he said I love you too.)

-Oof, I bet that officer is in trouble with his wife tonight after all the information he shared about her :eek:

bbm
I hope there was at least one last video or photo of Gabby happy before she vanished. :(
Heartbreaking if that's the last footage of her alive and (not) well.

I wouldn't blame her family for anything they say at this point !
And her family doesn't have to worry about saying the "wrong thing" -- BL's already refusing to talk !
MOO.

No video that I know of, but there is that lovely picture of her at the Ogden Butterfly mural.

At one point in the body cam Brian says, “I hope she didn’t say anything too bad about me,” as if he was probing if she gave too much information about him that he doesn’t want the police to be aware of.

<modsnip: No MSM to substantiate. Social media 'comments' are not allowed for discussion.>

Notice how in the body cam video Gabby <modsnip> says she was calling her parents, YET the Dad stated in an interview yesterday that he was not aware of the domestic dispute issue and that if Gabby had told him, he would’ve been on the first flight there to pick her up and bring her home. He was unaware of any problems, including mental health problems that Gabby told MOEB police she was suffering from according to that police report.

Since you brought up Gabby's dad, I'll just chime in and say that the power outage in one sector of SLC lasted until about 5 pm on August 20, and that night, Gabby asks her dad to Uber her some food, as the power is out (it wasn't still out, IMO). Maybe Gabby, alone in the hotel, was starting to consider reaching out - symbolically asking for food as a way of getting care from someone (it's hard to be alone on the road, it's alienating and disorienting).

Whatever it was that Brian said to Gabby in the van near Moab, it was very upsetting to her, they were clearly in the process of either breaking up or nearly so. But Gabby didn't tell her dad. I do wonder why Brian went back to FL (the real story, as the one we have doesn't make a lot of sense...)

I see a young couple with very very little worldly experience, not yet launched from a parental home (only sort of), with very few life skills, on the road and trying to have a very grown-up relationship. I do believe that if Gabby had just run off or even committed suicide right in front of Brian, that Brian would have revealed that long before now. The only other options are sinister and must implicate Brian, as his entire life is now upside down (this is getting so much national attention - I rarely see anything about a Utah missing person case in my local news, but it's all over the TV news in SoCal...and it's on AgendaFreeTV on Youtube, as a kind of special edition).

I believe Gabby will be found, because Brian is not a criminal mastermind and doesn't know Wyoming/Utah that well (unless of course...he placed her somewhere in between Grand Teton and Florida). I wonder if he tossed his phone. If he did, then my hope may be unwarranted. But he was taking pictures of himself and uploadimg them as late as August 26, so that's something...I don't believe he threw his phone away right away and I'm finding it hard to believe he was driving the van cross-country with a body...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think she said she wasnt comfortable driving it, like because of the size of it or being in a unfamiliar place, culd also have something to do with her anxiety.
We have a large 5th wheel. I have no idea how to drive it so I would be really panicked if I was left with that. And I've driven a school bus for a living and have no problem doing that. Also sometimes it's just common that the guy drives. My husband usually drives everywhere we go even though I'm completely capable of driving a car. Also on long trips he hates sitting and gets bored. I can have my head in my phone for hours or a book with no issue. It doesn't surprise me that he usually drives the van.

I'll just toss in more wild speculation: what if, she went somewhere or was with someone or was doing something he knows she never would have wanted anyone to know anything about?

As kooky as it might sound, does he somehow think he's protecting her, in some way?
I don't know if I actually believe that, but I suppose it's possible.

She was regularly in touch with her parents, cousins, and etc and was very into her online presence and lifestyle before she disappeared. What secret could she suddenly engage in that’s halfway across the country from her home? I don’t see any evidence of that.

I don’t really see evidence of him looking out for her best interests either, but even so… I would assume he’s smart enough to know that having the police and FBI involved would make it way more public than “we broke up and she stayed there” ever would.

He’s not acting like someone worried for her, or someone looking out for her. He went home without her and then hid.

edit: grammar

Gabby had posted on IG that their first trip (in 2020) was done in her small car, and was enthusing about how much more spacious the van is. I'm still wondering how they were able to do two cross-country road trips two years in a row. What kind of jobs did they have that allowed this? Do they hire on someplace, then quit when they feel like vagabonding? If they weren't paying rent at his parents' place, I suppose that would allow them to save enough money for these trips, but would it give her enough to buy a van?

So many questions. So few answers.
I suspect she sold whatever car she had prior (assuming she had one of course) to buy the van.

I read, too, that BL’s sister may be talking. Someone posted it a day or two ago on one of these threads. No mention of BL’s sister since. Any info available?

Do you have a link for this, that BL's sister may be talking? I haven't seen any mention of this on MSM or on this thread. I may have missed it.

Just some observations I have from watching the video, besides what I already posted.

-In the beginning of the video, Gabby says “I was apologizing to him. Sometimes I’m so mean.”

I had a boyfriend who used to tell me that all the time. Eventually I started to believe him.

-She says after she hit him, he grabbed her face. If you’re defending someone from hitting you, you grab their arm/hand, not their face.

-She tells the officer “I know he gets frustrated with me a lot because…” and a good portion of audio is redacted after this. Why does he get frustrated with her a lot?

-The officer asks Brian if he takes any medications. The audio of the beginning of his response is redacted and when it comes back, he’s ending what he was saying by telling them no, he doesn’t take medication. Was he possibly telling them he had taken medication in the past? If so, did he just recently go off of it?

-She calls and talks to her parents during this incident. She’s clearly taking the blame for what happened in the video, so I’m guessing that’s how she was communicating what happened to her parents. Is that why her mom dismissed the incident? Because she believed Gabby went off and attacked Brian and didn’t want anyone to think less of her?

-When the officer ends up telling her that he’s not going to cite her for domestic violence, she gets so emotional. I can almost imagine the relief she felt, possibly thinking, oh good, I haven’t ruined my future :(

-The officer asks Gabby if she wants him to tell Brian anything and she says I love you. He tells Brian she said that and Brian doesn’t say he loves her too or ask the officer to give her a message (although, kindly, the officer lies and tells her he said I love you too.)

-Oof, I bet that officer is in trouble with his wife tonight after all the information he shared about her :eek:

If you're a larger guy and you're trying to hurt someone you punch them in the face, or shove them to the ground and kick them.

If you're a larger guy and you're suddenly getting attacked by your 5'5" 110lb girlfriend who is flailing around with her nails and a phone - you do your best to block and keep her at distance... and that might include grabbing her face or shoulder or arm or whatever you can get. It's not a sign he was trying to hurt her or that he abuses her.

And, that is also completely different than a guy grabbing his girlfriend by the face and saying "you better do what I say," or something along those lines.

One of the first things out of BL's mouth during the traffic stop was him saying to the officer that he loved GP.

Pretty sure you’re referencing me. I was also in an abusive relationship. I was hit and mentally abused. Because of that I don’t excuse ANY type of physical violence. She was still assaulting him while in the car. I’m going based off evidence we have not speculation. The idea that only women can be abused and not men is wild to me. I’m curious if you can point to evidence she was being abused and all of her actions were in reaction to it? I think I’m really missing the evidence that she was obviously being abused by him and they weren’t abusing one another.
Well I can confirm that. When I was in HS I was in an abusive relationship that very much went both ways. We were young, first love, and codependent, like oil and water. But we kept going back to that destructive relationship because it was both our first love. We knew it was bad but it took a very very long time for us to cut the cord. I mean from ages 16 to about 22 or 23.

It's been impossible to catch up for 2 days now but I agree with you, I think this is all pretty normal stuff, IMO.
What is NOT normal is him clamming up when his fiance/girlfriend is missing.
I cannot for the life of me come up with a single (innocent) reason he'd do that.

jmo

I can't catch up either, but I was watching the video of the interview with BL and did anyone else hear him say this - he told the cop he didn't have a phone.

At the other altercation site in the evening, he reportedly did tell the police he had a phone. So he lied one of the times, but which one is the lie?

If BL didn't have a phone, that means he was using hers, so where is it now, if he was using it to post to Instagram etc. for his last few posts before he drove back to FL? Does he have her phone now?

Still have a lot of video to watch, but my impression of this video is that the police were trying really HARD to make it seem like BL was a chill dude and was attacked by his "crazed" girlfriend, an impression that Brian did not try to dissuade them of. I get a very creepy vibe from this guy.

He also lied about speeding - doing 45 mph in a 15 mph zone - by blaming it on Gabby "distracting" him. The cops tried to correct him and say no you've been speeding all through the entrance to Arches here, and being caught in that lie he said, oh sorry. Gabby in contrast was apologizing up and down and all over the place for herself being upset.

The general impression I get is she is annoyed with BL and he's admitting how dirty he is and how upset she is by that and he messed up her food and that makes her "OCD". And he thinks that's trivial. That's the impression he gives the police. IMO

New fiancé or girlfriend.
99.9% chance this isn't the case, BUT...

What if there WAS another girlfriend down in Florida. They were on the road for 2-3 months at the point he traveled back to Florida alone for the "storage unit." What if there was another girlfriend and she was pregnant and decided to have an abortion and wanted him there for the emotional support?

Probably not the case whatsoever, but it popped into my head reading this comment. :oops:

I thought that he had the keys because he didn't want either one of them to drive. Then he got into the van because she was coming at him. Isn't that what he said on the video with the cop. Did he actually say that he was going to leave her ?
Yes, that's what he said, and no he never said he was gong to leave her.

Hmmm. So maybe she'd been hiding their conflicts from her parents all along? She wasn't on the phone with her parents, when the police spoke to them in Moab?

While she was sitting the back seat of the police car, I heard her say that she was going to call her mother. I also recall an MSM article recently that said that her mother didn't think this was as serious as people were making it out to be. So it is possible that GP minimized the situation when she was talking to her mother. After seeing the bodycam today, GP's mother may feel differently, it would be hard to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member