Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BL left her on the side of the road in a town with $20 he wouldn't be charged with anything except maybe theft.

Unlike in the missing children cases we follow so often here, a boyfriend has no legal duty to a girlfriend. He could have walked away with zero legal ramifications.

So I don't really get the argument that maybe he left her somewhere and now he's scared. If he left her alive in a normal situation, there's no liability. And if that happened, presumably she would have called her parents to come get her. So I am not really seeing this.

BL is a person who could provide valuable leads that they could investigate. He is the main person who could provide those leads and he won’t.
You might have misunderstood my post, it was regarding the 2 murdered woman investigation.

SIX HOURS in a coffee shop? Has anyone on this WS ever spent six hours in a coffee shop??
A restaurant, bar, perhaps yes, but a coffee shop?
What went on there....
Yes. Doing so is very common. Especially if you’re working on something (she was starting a website after all) and/or using the internet.

This strikes me as a guy who doesn't want Gabby with the police alone and out of his control, not kind.
I believe he said something to the effect of "She didn't say anything too bad about me I hope" fishing to figure out how much and what GP had said when she spoke to an officer alone.

Whether BL is abusive, controlling or both, him going to jail for the night would allow him to keep that control of the narrative that people outside of the couple were exposed to.
Yup, and I believe the first thing he said was something like, “Did you already talk to my fiancé?”

He said he hoped she didn't have too many complaints about him, which is a bit different. We know about the dirty feet issue.

The one inside the jail cell is the one who's going to be restricted in communications. Robbins had Gabby's cell phone number. He told her to keep her phone on because he might be calling her later. I suspect he did.

You perceived it differently from me, obviously.

Thank you for clarifying. You are correct, that is a different statement. I just watched the clip again and that particular comment does seem less like fishing or probing to me, but it also does almost seem to be said in an ingratiating manner.

I still believe that Gabby left alone in jail for the evening would be perceived as having a much higher potential to become a meltdown situation where Gabby ends up telling the cops something that results in a call to parents or further questioning of BL than any circumstance that didn't involve her in jail. Obviously the best circumstance for the two of them would be neither person being in jail.

There's a ton of ways to interpret everything. I hope we find out some solid answers sooner rather than later.

I'm not convinced BL's parents know anything. If you're cold enough to kill your girlfriend and steal her car, you're cold enough to lie to your parents.
I"m trying to understand their silence - I am sure they have been told to make no statements or talk to the press but the problem I have had all along is their non-responsiveness to Gabby's mothers' contact in the very beginning - why would they say nothing? how would they know not to respond? My guess is they called a lawyer September 1 they may have known through family/friends to ask their advice which turned out to be something like "say nothing - not even that their son has possession of her daughter's Van. " - and here we are.
JMO

SIX HOURS in a coffee shop? Has anyone on this WS ever spent six hours in a coffee shop??
A restaurant, bar, perhaps yes, but a coffee shop?
What went on there....

I think there are people who spend that length of time in Starbucks. Open laptops, evidence of food and empty coffee cups, tapping away on their keyboards. It seems they could have been there that long if the place had free wifi.

Questions needing answers:

1. What's last ping from G's phone?

ETA: lost my thoughts... thread flying by... but if this is known, searches can start.
Or are searches happening in WY?

I understood when BL said he didn't have a phone it meant that he didn't have a cell phone plan like ATT. He could still use his phone to connect to the internet when he was within wifi range like at the grocery store.

I know cell phones can still call 911 without a cell plan. Does this mean the cell phone is always in contact with towers? Could his cell pings be tracked without a cell plan?

The argument involving the police occurred because she thought he was going to drive off in the van and leave her. She basically fought to get back in the van through the driver's window.

The police officer told her he wasn't going to charge her with domestic violence. Gabby seems like a good person prone to anxiety, though to be honest, most people would experience anxiety living the way they were.

But someone like Gabby would be terrified at the idea of being arrested. Not for the usual reasons because she got caught, but because of the unknown, made even worse by being hundreds of miles from home.

She was essentially threatened with being charged with domestic violence.
When the police spoke to her she was in a police car. That's quite intimidating.
He got buddy with several police officers, joked around and asked about the music system in the police car.
She was left with a vehicle she didn't drive and told to go to presumably a homeless place to pay $4 for a shower.
He got the lift to a hotel from the police and shared a joke with the police about washing his feet.

Brian would consequently have even more power over her. Poor Gabby must have been so scared knowing that ultimately she was virtually completely powerless. Brian completely controlled her.

I don't know what happened, but it's pretty obvious something very, very bad has happened and I find it impossible to believe that Brian is sat at home as bewildered as the rest of us.
They had reservation at a camp site for that night. She may have gone there. It likely had shower facilities. Apparently it was inside the campsite park? At any rate, she wouldn't necessarily have to go to a homeless shelter (if Moab even has one). There is likely a gym or a public place like in Quartzsite, AZ for that.

I'm not convinced BL's parents know anything. If you're cold enough to kill your girlfriend and steal her car, you're cold enough to lie to your parents.
BL's parents may not know exactly what happened, but they know that GP was with him and now she is missing. They hired an attorney for him and are shielding him. And they have to know that this is extremely fishy and that GP's parents want answers. MOO

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

Todd Garrison, the police chief in North Port, said no criminality is suspected at this time. No physical search teams are currently on the ground as investigators are working to narrow down areas to investigate. "We have resources and law enforcement partners that are out in the field following up tips and leads but as far as a grid search right now, we're still trying to narrow down geographic areas," he said in a news conference Thursday.

"We share the frustration with the world right now. Two people went on a trip, one person returned and that person that returned isn't providing us with any information," Garrison said. "My focus isn't to bring Brian in right now. My focus is to find Gabby."

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed like she was on the phone with a parent when she was sitting in the squad car during the incident.
I have not finished the video. Earlier I was posting as I was watching so I wouldn't forget things that were striking me as odd as I watched. Then I left for a meeting so still haven't finished it. Thanks for posting this. It seems to further confirm the original post that there is indeed likely a lot of information they know that is being held back. And, that's a good thing. Better that they are getting information and leads in the face of BLs non-cooperation (arguable obstruction) into their investigation to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288