SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it wouldn't be SLED planting incriminating things, it would be lawyers.

Honestly, it could go either way. I'm not saying that anyone planted anything, just that it is entirely possible. I don't think it possible to overstate how much corruption is down here when you have the right connections. And I say this as someone who lives on a street named after my childrens' great grandfather on their dad's side, and having an ancestor who the county Alex Murdaugh lives is was named after. I could list all the screwed-up things that I have witnessed personally in the last 10 years, but I would be here for weeks listing them. Nothing surprises me, and while I don't believe that EVERYONE has a price, I think that those of us who don't are few and far between.

I don’t know the Cornbread Mafia but sounds good to me. Perhaps it’s the Corncob Mafia in SC!

Cornbread Mafia is a great book, a real page turner. But the comparison above isn't apt; the book is about marijuana growing, not multiple murders. Personally, I think Johnny Boone, the principal subject of Cornbread Mafia, ought to have been made our state Commissioner of Agriculture, not arrested!

I’m just letting my imagination run wild here but…

Has anyone ever considered if this could be bigger than we think? What if the firm is just a money laundering outlet and there’s a bigger organized crime syndicate rooting itself into the community through it?

Of course PM and MM would be erased for bringing attention to matters that should remain hidden behind perfect southern charm and hospitality. It sent a very real message to AM and the firm to control your peeps and not mess with them.

AM and family had of course benefited through the years by greasing the palms of many influential players for the bigger “FAMILY” but in this he is the fall guy - he isn’t a drug addict nor did he take the firm funds. He just had family members that brought too much attention where there shouldn’t have been.

The firm had to explain how certain millions went missing by saying that AM took it, because FAMILY isn’t happy about all the scrutiny and needed ”expenses” that couldn’t be adequately explained to be explained quickly.

For AM, the only choice left was publicly take the fall and make everything be quiet again or your and BM’s safety would be not be guaranteed…

He thought he’d kill himself and provide BM with enough funds for life so he can move away and not work for the firm anymore. But CES (the only person he knew who might agree to such a crazy plan) proved much too unreliable and it failed.

So now he has no choice but to go to jail as the fall guy who took millions.

Just my musings. Maybe I watch too many movies.

I've been thinking along these lines too. As others have pointed out here, PMPED's actual case histories, and their apparent prosperity, don't jibe with each other. Maybe we're just at the beginning of this trail! But it will get hard to untangle, if that's the case, because stuff of this magnitude does not happen without the active help of political sponsors. If pols get nervous, extreme efforts will be made to cover everything up.

“Dateline” correspondent Josh Mankiewicz knows the bizarre murder/assisted suicide case of South Carolina’s Murdaugh family is right up his show’s alley — and he’s totally into it — but he says the location is a bit off.

Josh was leaving The Palm in L.A. Wednesday when we got his take on the endless twists surrounding prominent lawyer Alex Murdaugh, and the unsolved murders of his wife and son.

For starters, Josh, like everyone else, says the case is riveting and people are asking him about it nonstop. Comes with the territory when you’re the go-to guy covering true crime cases.

Josh is blown away by all of this, and that’s coming from a “Dateline” vet who’s seen it all … so, ya know we’re in uncharted true crime waters. In fact, he says one of the strangest parts of the case is that it’s NOT happening in Florida!
Dateline's Josh Mankiewicz Talks Alex Murdaugh, Who Turned Himself In

I can see an entire season of "Murdaugh Murders" episodes coming to ID.

Opioid addiction is not a defense to criminal offenses. Alex’s team is trying to make him into a victim, and trying to make it appear that they are in control of this. They are not.

-Susan Williams, former SC state prosecutor on CNN

I don't see any head wound either, nor do I see blood or bbq sauce - I think it is just a poorly lit photo.

All the comments about how shady/evil he looks reminds me how biased we can become in these cases. IMO if he was the victim we wouldn't see those things.

They have absolutely no say in that.

The state can argue recommendations, like the bit about the passport. She doesn't have to follow them, but the state can argue them.

I just think it's interesting to me that he would mention that they know he is planning on going out of state and don't seem to mind as long as his passport is left behind and he waives extradition.

T
Opioid addiction is not a defense to criminal offenses. Alex’s team is trying to make him into a victim, and trying to make it appear that they are in control of this. They are not.

-Susan Williams, former SC state prosecutor on CNN

Totally! This is a sob story and he’s such a good boy…ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard