SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cgalvanotv

Alex Murdaugh arrestee profile released

E_bIfrVXoAEpioQ

Notice under "Scars/Marks/ Tattoos" there's nothing.

I was watching CNN and Fox coverage of the hearing earlier, and I think it was the Fox legal analyst that made the following point:

He’s absolutely going to be charged in at least one other crime (embezzlement), and it’s going to give the prosecution more ammo to either raise the bond amount substantially, or even justify him being held without bond.

Yes I thought Ted Williams did a good job elaborating on that point.

Breaking; Alex murdaugh was granted a $20K personal recognizance bond and no GPS monitoring.
If he leaves the rehab facility, there will be a bench warrant for his arrest.
Story coming soon
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438599023837974530?s=21
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438599023837974530?s=21
Unbelievable. I thought the GPS was a sure thing. SMH...
I thought I heard her say personal recognizance. If so, was she denying personal recognizance or was it a $20k PR bond? If so, he doesn't even have to open his wallet.
Well, DICK did say that his lawyers were being retained, NOT by Alex personal finances (of which he made clear there is no more), but by “insurance”??! What?! How is that even possible?? Under what clause in what type of insurance??

I was watching CNN and Fox coverage of the hearing earlier, and I think it was the Fox legal analyst that made the following point:

He’s absolutely going to be charged in at least one other crime (embezzlement), and it’s going to give the prosecution more ammo to either raise the bond amount substantially, or even justify him being held without bond.

I'm obviously not a legal analyst but even adding embezzlement, without bond seems excessive. Can you think of any cases you've followed in which you've seen no bail on the above charges or similar?

Well, DICK did say that his lawyers were being retained, NOT by Alex personal finances (of which he made clear there is no more), but by “insurance”??! What?! How is that even possible?? Under what clause in what type of insurance??

UUhhhh....malpractice insurance?

So many twists and turns, drugs, money, power, murder. Not enough nouns and adjectives in my vocabulary to describe this case. It is so darn juicy that I can't get enough of it. When the movie, documentary, mini-series comes out, I will be watching them all. I don't think I have seen anything like this in a long, long time.

I'm obviously not a legal analyst but even adding embezzlement, without bond seems excessive. Can you think of any cases you've followed in which you've seen no bail on the above charges or similar?
No but I personally believe the recent pattern of behavior indicates a flight risk. There's probably a big fat loophole about transport to and from out of state medical facilities though. Who would have thought?

He may not be a good boy but addiction is a disease. I have no idea about his personal character. But I find the dismissive attitude toward addiction’s power over a person’s rational sad and dis compassionate.

Too many people think that addicts can control when or how much they are addicted or how their addiction controls their actions in life. This is why mental health in this country is <modsnip>. Unfortunately I nearly destroyed my marriage and family because of the choices I made to facilitate my addiction.
My whole generational line is plotted with addiction. It has destroyed and taken so many of my family’s lives. My childhood and myself were permanently scarred from addiction. Both my younger brothers died from addiction. I swore it would never ever ever happen to me. I was wrong. After 40 years of fighting/surrendering to addiction - I thought I might have some relapses left in me but I was too afraid I didn’t have another recovery left in me. It was the hardest battle of my life. That was five years ago. Recovery is real…

It seems fairly certain he will be charged with more crimes- of the white collar, just-thieving & scamming variety. There is no chance at all he would be held without bond if that's "all" he's charged with.

My whole generational line is plotted with addiction. It has destroyed and taken so many of my family’s lives. My childhood and myself were permanently scarred from addiction. Both my younger brothers died from addiction. I swore it would never ever ever happen to me. I was wrong. After 40 years of fighting/surrendering to addiction - I thought I might have some relapses left in me but I was too afraid I didn’t have another recovery left in me. It was the hardest battle of my life. That was five years ago. Recovery is real…
You are amazingly strong!

I'm pretty sure he was talking about his hospitalization/detox/rehab being paid by insurance, he said otherwise 'his finances are in ruins' and wouldn't be able to afford bonding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong