The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

Chris George, head of the [URL='https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/Yale-program-gives-arriving-refugees-medical-care-16450211.php']largest refugee resettlement agency in the state, said his clients stuck in Afghanistan feel like “bargaining chips in some high stakes game of international diplomacy.”

The head of IRIS said the State Department found that some citizens are opting to stay in Afghanistan. He said that is not because they feel safe there.

“It is an agonizing decision that Afghans need to make. ‘Do I take a seat on a plane and come to the United States for my safety and freedom or do I stay and protect my brothers and my sisters and my parents,’” George said, recounting the conversation.

[/URL]

https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/New-Haven-refugee-agency-leader-Clients-stuck-in-16457309.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Remarkable and special story about a Dutch father who traveled to Afghanistan,to be with his wife & children:

Father of an Utrecht family travels to Afghanistan himself: 'The most beautiful thing to embrace my children'

PROVINCE OF UTRECHT - The father of a Utrecht family that was unable to flee Kabul has traveled to his wife and three children himself. When the Taliban took over the country, his wife and three young children were in the Afghan capital. Despite frantic efforts, the family was unable to get on an evacuation flight.

Difficult journey
The man does not want to say much about how he managed to enter the country for security reasons. "It was a difficult journey with difficult choices," he says.

Vader van Utrechts gezin reist zelf naar Afghanistan: 'Allermooist om mijn kinderen te omarmen' | RTV Utrecht

From Lucas Tomlinson, covering the Secretary of State's testifying to the Senate Foreign Relations committee today, on the Afghanistan Withdraw:

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews

"Sen. Barrasso asks Blinkin if "anyone who showed up" was evacuated from Kabul. Blinken declines to answer directly. State Department has refused for weeks to say how many Afghan interpreters, who helped U.S. military, were among the 130,000 who were evacuated from Afghanistan."

"Sen. Barrasso--an orthopedic surgeon for nearly 25 years before being elected--tells Secretary of State Blinken you "dislocated your shoulder" patting yourself on the back over the hasty U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan"

"Sen. Barrasso says Biden calling the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan an "extraordinary success" has to be the "biggest lie of the 21st century."

Afghanistan: Taliban leaders in bust-up at presidential palace, sources say

A major row broke out between leaders of the Taliban over the make-up of the group's new government in Afghanistan, senior Taliban officials told the BBC.

The argument between the group's co-founder Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and a cabinet member happened at the presidential palace, they said.

There have been unconfirmed reports of disagreements within the Taliban's leadership since Mr Baradar disappeared from public view in recent days.

One Taliban source told BBC Pashto that Mr Baradar and Khalil ur-Rahman Haqqani - the minister for refugees and a prominent figure within the militant Haqqani network - had exchanged strong words, as their followers brawled with each other nearby.

Afghanistan: Taliban leaders in bust-up at presidential palace, sources say

A major row broke out between leaders of the Taliban over the make-up of the group's new government in Afghanistan, senior Taliban officials told the BBC.

The argument between the group's co-founder Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and a cabinet member happened at the presidential palace, they said.

There have been unconfirmed reports of disagreements within the Taliban's leadership since Mr Baradar disappeared from public view in recent days.

One Taliban source told BBC Pashto that Mr Baradar and Khalil ur-Rahman Haqqani - the minister for refugees and a prominent figure within the militant Haqqani network - had exchanged strong words, as their followers brawled with each other nearby.

Funny that! I seem to recall just last week a member of our U.S. State Department called the taliban leaders and newly formed cabinet 'Business-like" and "professional".

I'm out of free articles or I'd post more. I need to clear my cache...

Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead

Sept 14 (Reuters) - The Taliban have denied that one of their top leaders has been killed in a shootout with rivals, following rumours about internal splits in the movement nearly a month after its lightning victory over the Western-backed government in Kabul.

"The overall winner of this conflict has been China"
#ABCNewsAustralia
''Journalist Ahmed Rashid on Taliban-run Afghanistan - and what that means for China | China Tonight''

Sep 14, 2021
Ex-Afghan police women being killed after Taliban takeover | PBS NewsHour
''PBS NewsHour | Clip | Ex-Afghan police women being killed after Taliban takeover
Over the past two decades, tens of thousands of Afghans rose to the occasion and took jobs in the public sector to help their country and their livelihoods. Now that the U.S. has pulled out, many feel abandoned. One particular group who say they feel let down — former police women — are now being targeted by the Taliban. Lindsey Hilsum of Independent Television News reports.''
AIRED: 9/14/2021

Senator Cruz to Blinken, U.S. Secretary of State during the Senate Hearing today:

“On Aug. 27, according to public reports, you distributed internal documentation, highlighting numerous instances and intake centers of sexual abuse, in which much older grown Afghan males appeared with children, young children, claimed they were their brides, claimed they were their wives. And the documents said the State Department urgently requested guidance.”

Cruz then demanded answers on whether the State Department had received the requested guidance or could provide information on whether there was a plan to prevent the sexual abuse of minors."

“My question is as follows: Did you receive that urgent guidance? How many children have been subject to sexual abuse? What have you done to rescue young children from illegal and abusive relationships after being brought to America by the State Department?” Cruz said. "

"Blinken said he was unaware of the “specific guidance you’re referring to,” but “happy to look at it,” adding that the officers are looking into cases of concern."

"Cruz went on to press Blinken on the level of urgency the State Department had toward addressing the matter and the number of cases it was aware of.

Blinken said it was “absolutely” an urgent matter, and that they are aware of “a handful” of cases.

“We could detect and deal with any cases. And there have been, to my knowledge, a limited number of cases where we have separated people because we were concerned,” he said. "

Ted Cruz slams Blinken over Afghan child brides: ‘You brought a crisis to America’

Sen. Cruz slams Blinken over Afghan child brides

Al Qaeda may be capable of threatening U.S. in as soon as a year — CBS News

Al Qaeda could reconstitute in Afghanistan and regain the capability to threaten the U.S. in "one to two" years, intelligence chiefs said Tuesday, revising downward estimates that were previously issued by the Pentagon.

[W]e are already beginning to see some of the indications of some potential movement of al Qaeda to Afghanistan," Cohen said, "but it's early days, and we will obviously keep a very close eye on that."

The Taliban, who seized control of Afghanistan in a stunningly rapid takeover last month, are known to have maintained close ties with al Qaeda and are suspected by analysts of harboring senior operatives.

If the American people are being told “one year”, I think we can bet on 60 days or less. MOO

Sad… but true.

When the Afghanistan provinces were falling like dominos and “US intelligence officials” proclaimed it would be nine months or more before the Taliban might realistically wrestle control of Kabul (worst case scenario, three), I said to my husband — NINE months? Did I hear that right? ARE THEY CRAZY? The Taliban will have control of Kabul TOMORROW.

Lo and behold… I was right. And if someone like myself (who, admittedly, knew nothing about the political climate in Afghanistan at the time) could predict Kabul would fall that quickly, there is absolutely no way “US intelligence officials” believed their claim to be true.

The wife of one of the 13 fallen US soldiers killed in the Kabul suicide bombing has given birth to the late Marine's daughter and named her after her father, who she will never meet.

Rylee McCollum, 20, was killed in the ISIS-K blast in Afghanistan on August 26 and was survived by his then-pregnant wife Jiennah Crayton, who goes by Gigi.

Nearly three weeks later she has given birth to the couple's baby - a girl named Levi Rylee Rose in honor of her father.

Wife of US Marine killed in Kabul gives birth to baby and names her after father will never meet | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• 01982397-F7C3-4736-9068-4CFE7B1DEF1D.jpeg
    01982397-F7C3-4736-9068-4CFE7B1DEF1D.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8
  • A41A5041-350C-4A42-8BE5-1D5541D410CB.jpeg
    A41A5041-350C-4A42-8BE5-1D5541D410CB.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 8
The wife of one of the 13 fallen US soldiers killed in the Kabul suicide bombing has given birth to the late Marine's daughter and named her after her father, who she will never meet.

Rylee McCollum, 20, was killed in the ISIS-K blast in Afghanistan on August 26 and was survived by his then-pregnant wife Jiennah Crayton, who goes by Gigi.

Nearly three weeks later she has given birth to the couple's baby - a girl named Levi Rylee Rose in honor of her father.

Wife of US Marine killed in Kabul gives birth to baby and names her after father will never meet | Daily Mail Online

Her daddy is a hero.

Afghan interpreters stage hunger strike, demand Canada evacuate families at risk
''OTTAWA (CityNews) ─ They risked everything to help Canada’s armed forces build a new Afghanistan.

Now, Afghan interpreters in Canada say the government needs to step up and save their families left behind. Dozens staged a hunger strike at Parliament Hill Wednesday, saying they wouldn’t leave without answers.

“We served this country,” said former interpreter Vesal Naser. “We worked together with their army. We lost our brothers, we lost our families.

“They keep killing our family. I lost three of my siblings, I don’t want to lose more.”

Former interpreters say they want a dedicated line to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Emails to the general inbox have gone unanswered.''

Ex-US officer claims Taliban beheaded two children in Afghanistan
September 15, 2021
“They cut off the heads of two boys that were 9 and 10,” she told the mag, which said the description of beheaded children could not be independently verified.
But the outlet reported that Christians in Afghanistan said they had received phone calls from the Taliban promising to behead them and that a British politician said refugees had told him the extremists forced people to watch their relatives being beheaded.
Thrower said the Taliban have been killing off Christians with alarming speed.''
We had two young girls that were with this Christian family, the Christians had found them after their parents had been killed,” she said.

“They were hiding together, and then went to the market to try to get some food. The Taliban found them, raped them, and beat them. We did manage to get them to a hospital,” Thrower added.

She said the US could help matters by issuing transit visas to Afghans that would allow them to enter countries such as Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan by land and be flown out of the region.''

The Taliban used children to plant bombs. Now it's hunting a female prosecutor who investigated
"The Taliban is hunting down a female Afghan prosecutor who for years has investigated child abuse cases involving the militant group, forcing her into hiding for fear of execution.

The prosecutor, who Newsweek will refer to only as Mina—not her real name—to shield her identity, shared with this publication a threatening ultimatum letter she received from the Taliban's military council before she fled her home in the central Wardak province.

"You have been accused by the Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate of aiding and abetting infidels," said the letter, which was addressed to Mina directly. "We order you to leave your job and help and cooperate with the Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate."

"They forced children to help plant bombs on roads and in cars," Mina told Newsweek. "A lot of them died."
"Afghanistan is my country," Mina told Newsweek. "I love [where I live]. It's very dangerous for me. I am trying to leave Afghanistan, but I have no way out."

Who listens to just him? IMO
I listen to a lot of people, news, talk radio, etc. Why do you ask?

ETA: Here’s a link. Hope this helps.
Ex-US officer claims Taliban beheaded two children in Afghanistan

SBM:

A former US Army officer who is part of a volunteer rescue team seeking to save at-risk Americans and Afghan allies still stuck in the Taliban-conquered country claimed that the extremists have beheaded two boys ages 9 and 10 in their reign of terror.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back