Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sort of thing just doesn’t happen, but I’ll humor you.

All he’d have to do, is call 911 and say “my girlfriend has been kidnapped.”

What makes absolutely no sense, is getting in the van, driving home, and never reporting her missing.
I'm just going to add, especially makes no sense since BL was so willing to talk to police just a few weeks prior in a video we've all been discussing. After such a positive interaction with police, he'd certainly have no reason to suspect he'd be mistreated.

Just MOO, but I think BL's behavior is that of a completely terrified person. The indescribable abandonment of a person well known to thousands of people and most recently - the police? A beeline for his home base and family despite the police knowing his identity and personal information? This guy didn't go on the run, he headed to his family and a location easily found. It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape. Maybe...it wasn't something BETWEEN THEM. Maybe, it was something THAT SURROUNDED THEM.

With respect that this is your opinion, IMO this is just the most unlikely scenario, and if it’s true, he’s home safely now, right? Tucked in with mommy and daddy. But Gabby DIDN’T escape in this scenario. Instead she was trapped by whatever you surmise surrounded them. Therefore since in this story, he’s snug in bed and she’s in danger, why isn’t he panting to tell the police immediately so that they can notify the park rangers where she is? Why isn’t he telling her family and law enforcement point-blank, “we were surrounded. I escaped but I couldn’t save Gabby. This is where this happened, this is who or what surrounded us.”

Think of those you love in your life. Would you, having escaped, not tell everyone immediately what danger your loved one is in, or if your loved one perished, and how they can get to your loved one as soon as possible? I’m sure that you would. But BL just crawled into bed and called it a day.

SEP 16, 2021
Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said couple was always happy | KUTV
Friends and co-workers of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie said they are shocked by her disappearance.

[...]

A former co-worker described them as "couple goals.” NK said she worked with Brian and Gabby at a Publix grocery store in North Port Florida. She said at first, she thought the two were siblings, from the way they always did everything together. But then Gabby told her they were engaged.

[...]

She said the couple were so excited for their upcoming road trip. Saying they planned to travel the U.S, and hopefully Europe if they saved the money. She described Gabby as sweet. She loved to cook, and they often shared recipes. Kalanych said Brian was kind and would always help her lift heavy boxes.

She said she never saw them get in a verbal or physical altercation, and it's hard for her to hear all the speculations. Gabby’s other friends described her as a light, these past few days have been unimaginable for them.

[...]

Oh, it is odd that there no history of real domestic abuse, no arrest history that i have heard of etc. For the most part they seem to be kinda hipsterish and not the types to get in real trouble.

Agreed. I'm not seeing where GP is anything more than just really upset, as one would be in that situation. It bothers me that the cops, BL and other commenters are using terms which are clearly hyperbolic and mischaracterizing. In my opinion.

She does have physical marks on her in the footage, too. She explains that he grabbed her face. That he locked her out of her own van and she was scared he was going to drive away and abandon her. And yet, everyone is acting like it's all her fault. She ended up taking blame for a lot of it, but that's often what women pushed to the edge in an abusive relationship do. I am not saying she's blameless but there's clearly more to this story and it makes me uncomfortable seeing her being portrayed as the sole instigator.

In some ways, she might have been better off if they had charged her with DV battery and had more of an investigation as to what really happened. Perhaps she'd still be alive. *sigh* Obviously there is no proof that she is dead, but there have been no signs of life for, what, 3 weeks now?

I agree. And we do not know what was happening before the witness happened upon the fight and called 911. I have gone through this type of crap and can see what happened. And the cops, they really pissed me off. And I am a LE family that defends them to a fault.

SEP 16, 2021
Brian Laundrie's sister speaks publicly on Gabby Petito's disappearance, says family wants her to be 'found safe'
Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie told ABC News on Thursday her family "wants Gabby Petito to be found safe," and that Gabby is "like a sister," to her, as her brother continued to refuse to cooperate with authorities working to find the missing 22-year old.

[...]

"Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe, she's like a sister and my children love her," Laundrie's sister, Cassie, told ABC News.

[...]

ABC News will air the entire interview with Laundrie's sister Friday morning. It is unclear whether Cassie has spoken to Brian.

[...]
Nothing "obvious" about that, at all. Wonder why she is speaking when the rest of the family is hunkered down. Wondering if she spoke with their permission. Kind of thinking no... and kind of thinking she might not be as close to the parents as BL.

I was visiting Antelope Island State Park in Utah (near Ogden) yesterday, and overheard park rangers discussing the FBI reviewing their security footage from a day in August, since someone reported seeing this couple in the van there, remembered noticing something about the way the woman was acting. Not confirmed that this was GP and BL. So it seems no stone will be left unturned. Would think that the Yellowstone and GT entrance stations security cameras are also being scoured. Having been in Yellowstone and Grand Teton recently also, I can confirm that cell coverage is very weak or non-existent. These are big parks, but extremely crowded. Since hunting and dogs are not allowed, the usual ways that bodies are found in the woods, it may be a long time, if ever, before her body is found unless someone comes forward with a tip.
Moab is a small enough town that it seems like just a coincidence that the couple who was murdered worked in the co-op where this couple had the argument. My guess is that the creepy guy was a homophobic psycho.
I've been there too (Antelope Island) along with the parks. See there is a lot to see and do in Utah. I mentioned in a post a few pages back that the mapping that's been done by some outlets and bloggers isn't complete. In their video they are at a campsite right outside Capitol Reef National Park - not mapped or mentioned. Another map states they went to Bryce Canyon. So, my point was that it is beginning to appear that they may have deviated from their itinerary in which case the police must check everywhere - which is a lot. They could have stopped at Antelope Island and all of these places may or may not have been on their itinerary.

I wish they would publish their itinerary. It could help the public lead LE to other destinations not mapped.

Am I remembering correctly, that when he said she grabbed the wheel which "made" him swerve, the cop sarcastically asked him if she also stepped on the gas to make him break the law by speeding?
I didn't hear that but it's interesting that they didn't give him a ticket. The speeding didn't seem to concern them that much.

Wait, if Gabby was supposed to meet a friend in Yosemite...when, exactly? But they were last known to be in Wyoming on Aug. 25, , but then two text messages came to her mother between the 25th and the 30th, one saying "no service in Yosemite", but the friend never met up with her there, ... what are we to make of that? Shouldn't LE be all over that?

Maybe it means she did make it to Yosemite somehow. Or maybe it means BL drove to Yosemite on schedule (but why would he do that? Because he thought G's mom knew the itinerary, and he wanted to send a text from there to throw her off track??), then turned around and went home. But that's a very long drive to FL from Yosemite. What was the date he arrived in FL?

Shouldn't we be dissecting this? lol. The friend speaking up and saying Gabby never arrived for their meeting in Yosemite seems like an important development.

Did Gabby send that text message to her mom? Or did BL drive all the way to Yosemite, just to impersonate Gabby via a text message? (Sounds farfetched, but maybe)

Pulling information from a couple of days of comments

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

26 July, 2021: two reviews added of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida.

29 July, 2021: she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park

12 August, 2021: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, GP and BL were at the Moonflower

12 August, 2021: afternoon, separated by PD. Video 2.

13 August, 2021: Brian's last post on IG of him alone

17 August, 2021: perhaps broke the engagement (he flew home for 5 days?)

17 - 23 August, 2021: Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane

19 August, 2021: video that they are at a campsite outside Capitol Reef National Park.

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

27 Aug 27, 2021: Gabby tells friend via Snapchat they was heading for meet up at Yellowstone National Park and she will call on her birthday, August 29, to solidify the plan.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

1 September, 2021: fiance, Brian Laundrie, returned to his Florida home.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Please feel free to update or correct.

RSBM.

I'm getting tired of these lawyers.

Of course he's hiding something, he's hiding information about his last interactions with a missing person, which are the best evidence for potentially finding her alive. How can this be 'smart' in any kind of decent society.

As an analogy, if you hit someone with your car and leave the scene, this is not 'protecting your constitutional rights' this is called hit and run, and you'll be charged, and potentially go to jail, and your car insurance premiums will go way up. It's not praised as 'smart'.

I think some of these lawyers get high on their own supply. As a defense lawyer you have a duty to look out for your client's constitutional rights. In many cases, you are the only person alive who cares about your client's rights and that's fine. It's a check on state power.

But it doesn't mean every client is innocent or deserves to be loved and respected. You do your job as a defense lawyer because the system is important and is often abused. You don't have to believe in every case to believe you are doing a worthy job.

Sometimes you have to tell your client they're $&*%#d and deal with it.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...e-extremely-difficult-without-boyfriends-help

Finding Gabby Petito without fiancé Brian Laundrie’s cooperation will be extremely difficult according to law enforcement experts in Utah.

Gabby wasn’t reported missing until two weeks after the 22-year-old was last seen in Salt Lake City. The man who might know where she is, isn’t talking.

Let’s just be clear. He looks guilty as hell,” said former Salt Lake Co. Sheriff and Moab Police Chief Jim Winder.

What's baffling to me about BL refusing to speak at all, even with an attorney advising him, is this:

If he is innocent, you'd think he'd want to both tell his story/clear his name and also to help GP to be found, especially if she was alive when they parted.

And even if he is guilty, there is such a wide range of plausible stories he could tell to send the searchers off in the wrong direction. Knowing that she didn't like to drive the van seems to give him even more options of plausible stories -- he could claim they split up, she decided to do X and asked him to bring the van home, and she would call her folks for a plane ticket when she was ready to return, etc. Then any misfortune that befell her afterwards would be beyond his connection, ostensibly, and even when/if she is found there is a reasonable chance his story couldn't be disproven.

But by saying nothing at all, it looks horrible for him now, and more horrible for him when/if she is found deceased.

So it's hard to imagine his or his family's thinking for being so adamant about not saying anything, not even "pretending" to assist in the search for her. MOO

The problem with this theory is that Schulte and Beck were seen alive the night of the 13th and were likely murdered late the night of the 13th or early on the 14th before they failed to show up for work. At that time Laundrie and Petito were back together and 25 miles or so north in the Arches
Their bodies were not found until 8/19 so could have happened anytime between 8/13 and 8/19
We do NOT know When they were murdered so anything is a possibility.
JMO

:p Nice to see you, ab.
missed you too pommy hope you are doing well! Can only stay away for so long and there are just certain cases that draw you back in. This case in particular involving a young lady with her whole life ahead of her and her so called loving "fiance" just "leaving" her and lawyering up just doesn't sit well. Just the audacity to not even answer basic questions....I know his right....his right.....well he can have his rights now.....but what is done in the darkness always comes to light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288