Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to buy gas. Jody Arias used jerry cans to avoid leaving a gas purchase trail, and it didn't work. There's a trail for gas purchases that goes from meandering from one van-life campground to another, and then there's the trail where he heads directly to his parents' home. That's a good place to start. That turning point could tell us where she is.

Can we figure out the exact day that he arrived in Florida. Can it be confirmed Sept. 1? If so, we can look at the route between his parents' home and the last video chat with mom on August 25 from Wyoming. Where in Wyoming? There was a snapchat on August 27 and she was headed to Yellowstone National Park. Where was she in that snapchat?

Between August 27 and September 1, when did his route change from tourism to destination Florida?
BBM

In a news release Wednesday, the North Port Police Department said Brian Laundrie returned home to Florida September 1, ten days before Petito was reported missing by her family.
Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say

Gabby admitted to punching BL's arm just before the curb stop. It's interesting, though, because BL was going 45 in a 15 mile zone (30 miles over) and refusing to pull over for the cop immediately. It's conceivable that she was trying to get him to stop and was scared that he was refusing and speeding.

My own personal experiences with DV might be coloring my perspective, though, because this was a tactic my former abuser used: deliberately speeding and swerving dangerously to scare me into compliance, ordering me to keep watch out for police cars and then blaming me when he did get a ticket.

Suddenly flashing back on all the times my abusive ex husband drove fast as hell with me or my kids trapped in the car as he tried to scare the living daylights out of us. It can be a huge abuser tactic. There wasn't really any talk about the speeding in the body can footage but 45 in a 15 is really over the limit and if that road is anything other than straight that could be terrifying. I'm really worried for Gabby.

If he turns out to be as cowardly and spineless as he so far seems to be, Imo, I doubt he called the parents for advice, possibly just begged $$ with some excuse for needing it. He used those driving days to muddy the waters, let evidence dissipate, and just showed up with her vehicle. I'm curious how the parents plan to avoid revealing his first versions. Sure they may refuse to speak on constitutional grounds but it would seem that they have a lot to lose with standing in the greater world community, and more.
They can only plead the fifth when answering would implicate them in any type of criminal activity. Those constitutional rights generally apply to defendants and witnesses who have been party to a crime.

Wouldn't this be so interesting (and so helpful for a prosecution if there is one) if he used this camping app on the way back to Florida to sleep? But, it would also be dumb so scratch that. This likely didn't happen.

There are some people sharing a photo of someone who was described as a confused young blond woman, who walked in and out of a diner at a truck stop, in recent comments, on the Find Gabby FB page. It was originally posted in a Lodi crime fb page. Someone posted side by side comparisons. If Gabby was wandering around confused, she might look very different from her photos. No makeup, hair in a ponytail, grubby clothes etc.
I never like the "wandering around confused" explanations... reminds me of Angela Tremonte, the hiker who died alone outside a house off-trail when visiting a Phoenix Police Officer. I think in order for anyone (particularly women) to be in a situation where they could be perceived after the fact as "wandering around confused," there was a situation and/or person beforehand that helped to bring these circumstances about. THAT "sparking" situation is where I am most interested.

I wonder what Gabby did for the 6 days she was at the hotel? Did she drive anywhere? I wonder what her plan was. I wish she had just asked her parents for a ticket home if she didn’t have the money herself.
She’s a grown woman, you would think that she could be on her own for 6 days. She must have left the hotel at some point. MOO

Her father said that while she was at the hotel, she was having technical difficulties while working on her blog, or whatever it is called, her social media postings. He talked to her a few times, and ordered a pizza for her using ubereats. He said this while talking to Nancy Grace on one of her recent podcasts.

Red dirt is forever.
Pink clothes, red knees. It's a lifestyle.

Weird. I live in Utah and spend time in Arizona and have only experienced that when I go way out in the yonders kicking up dust 4 wheeling. Even in Moab I haven't seen that. My stepdaughter got married in the Arches standing in the dirt. Her long white dress with a train stayed clean.

You should know by now that when people Lawyer up, most of the time what you referred to as common human decency goes out the window.

It's a question now of is there really anything for LE to actually compel BL to cooperate and by cooperating can he actually give them anything that would help?

Lots of people here seem unwilling to consider a third party in this case, but a lot of famous killers going back decades often just happened upon their victims without much planning, it's still conceivable at this point that he kicked her out of the van like he had attempted to do once before during an argument and then perhaps had second thoughts and went back for her or didnt and learned upon his return home that she had stopped all contact with people.

Either way it's still very possible she fell afoul of someone else.
Yes, by cooperating he could tell them where he last saw her. If he told them that, they wouldn’t be searching for a needle in a haystack.

I’d be open to a third party, if this guy behaved like every normal, decent person, on planet earth.

If your loved one goes missing, you report them missing. What you do not do, is run home to mommy and daddy, and make no effort to help her family or the authorities, find her.

The odds of a random abductor/killer are remote on the whole.

The odds of a random abductor/killer when coupled with the stunning behavior of her boyfriend and his family?

I’d put somewhere between once in a lifetime, and a snowball’s chance in hell.

All of the theories that say she told him to leave and take the van make zero sense to me. Why would she give up her van to him, giving up her transportation in the process? Makes no sense.

Also makes no sense - that he never wore shoes and somehow he could be in a coffee shop for six hours without shoes on. Maybe that's OK in Moab but it's not commonly OK at all. And BL told the cops he could not stop being dirty - OK, but why? What is wrong with a person who thinks it's fine to walk around filthy all the time and embarrass your girlfriend with your filthiness when you know it bothers her? Total disregard for her feelings.

Indicates something, not sure what. But I don't see any scenario where she gives him her van.
The only thing I can think of:

It became clear they couldn’t travel together any more. She didn’t feel like she could drive all the way back alone. He offered to drive it back by himself after dropping her off at the airport/train station/wherever he thought was normal. He didn’t know there was anything wrong till after he got back then got super scared when someone mentioned her being missing.

The only question with this would be why didn’t she reach out to her parents/friends?

A few possible answer to this might be: she became severely depressed and then killed herself/disappeared on purpose to get him into trouble for abandoning him/embarrassed and thought she had to handle it by herself but bumped into wrong crowd…

I didn't see him blaming her for his speeding. He did blame her for his hitting the curb when he pulled over, which seemed like it was accurate as she was hitting him, telling him to pull over.

He was going 45 in a 15 which is way over the limit but did you see the road? If they were arguing and he didn't see the speed limit sign, I can see where 45 would be a reasonable speed and hardly reckless. He apologized to the cops, more than once, for speeding.

I have no feelings about whether he harmed Gabby. I get no "vibes" other than he seemed pretty chill in the video. Returning w/o her and refusing to speak automatically looks very suspicious but I still don't think "murderer!". I have no idea what happened. Considering the absolute lack of information, so far, it bothers me how people are projecting their own baggage on him and demonizing him. I'm talking other than what we do know (returned w/o her and won't speak), he's been framed as an abuser; driving Gabby to losing it; making her life hell; being an aimless loser who's just sponging off Gabby; being thoughtless and selfish because his feet and sandals were dirty; killing Gabby and even killing the other two women in Moab! People can certainly say what they want but I'm just gonna throw out there that I find that to be too emotionally charged/biased and having nothing to do with the known facts, which are scant. I think it's wrong to do it. I've seen it done before (Shane, Heidi Brussard's SO, for one - it was outrageous). All we know from the incident in town and, later driving, is that Gabby hit him, more than once. That could be because he's a controlling monster who pushed her to the breaking point or it could be, as she said, that she's OCD and was stressed about getting the #vanlife stuff done on the computer. If she's OCD, and she said she is, that can be tough on both people because everything has to be perfect. I just think that both of these people need to be looked at more objectively - neither unnecessarily victimized or demonized.

None of that should be construed to mean anything other what I said. Gabby is missing and I hope she turns up alive. If he harmed her, I hope we find out and he'll deal with the consequences.
Lol. EVERYONE apologizes to the cops for speeding. Did the cop say, but you were speeding for 20 miles? Or was it 20 minutes.

You make some good points. But this guy has no one to blame but himself for driving home in her vehicle and absolutely refusing to tell her family at the very least where he last saw her.

Do he, and his parents really think there would be no uprising throughout the world at the perceived immoral aspect to their actions?

Last edited:
Her father said that while she was at the hotel, she was having technical difficulties while working on her blog, or whatever it is called, her social media postings. He talked to her a few times, and ordered a pizza for her using ubereats. He said this while talking to Nancy Grace on one of her recent podcasts.
This is really interesting because all of this time we've been discussing the mother's last phone call and I lost sight of the fact that the father could have spoken with her last too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993