Found Deceased NM - Sharon Gallegos, 4, Alamogordo, 21 July 1960

The birth year might not be a match for them, but I immediately thought of this woman when I read this thread.

The Family of Monica Libao
The page says that Monica's "mother" had a hysterectomy in 1945, fifteen years before Monica was born. This would make her born in 1960, so four years younger than Sharon. However, she did have two older sisters, so maybe one of them was Sharon?

Edit: I looked through Monica's WS thread and it sounds like Monica's sisters are much older than her and were born before the hysterectomy, so I doubt they were also possibly abducted. (FL - FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64)

Sharon's name is still misspelled in NamUs as "Gallegas." Has anyone contacted them to let them know? I could email them, but I'll let it be if someone here has already tried in the past...

I just read some of LMNB's thread, and someone there said a footprint comparison was done to rule out SG, but they didn't say where they read that...
Yeah, I keep seeing statements along those lines. I sure hope a proper (more in-depth) comparison was done. Thanks!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sharon doesn't have any exclusions listed.

The timeline for the New Mexico unidentified really does fit perfectly, doesn't it?

The person to contact about the spelling is Dustin Driscoll with Namus. He's at (817) 240-4106 or ddriscoll@rti.org

I've dealt with him in the past--he's good and he cares.
I’ll try and contact him Monday if no one here has previously submitted. Thanks!

ETA: Yes, everything seems to match perfectly.

they found out she was little miss nobody there was a thing on it to day on fb.

I wish we could sleuth more but @othram 's work here is like a textbook for how you get decedents identified. It's also very sad that what we might have hoped was a kidnap-to-raise was apparently something horrible. I hope the perpetrators have suffered for their crimes.

Just a thought i wonder if her killers were the same people who killed Guadalupe County Jane Doe in 1978. AKA serial killing duo Ronald Lanphear and Diana Geisinger.

Guadalupe County Jane Doe (1978)

There’s an 18 year gap. I rummaged around trying to find Lamphear and Geisinger’s ages. Only found one source, that said that Lamphear was 30 in 1979. Assuming that wasn’t a typo, it’d rule him out.

San Bernardino Sun 23 February 1979 — California Digital Newspaper Collection

'Little Miss Nobody' identified 62 years after being found partially burned in Arizona wash | Daily Mail Online

"A murdered child dubbed Little Miss Nobody after her body was found in Arizona in 1960 has finally been identified 60 years on as a four year-old girl abducted from her grandmother's New Mexico garden.

The Yavapai County Sheriff's office said Tuesday the previously unknown little girl was four-year-old Sharon Lee Gallegos of New Mexico.

Sharon's remains were found on July 31, 1960, partially buried in Sand Creek Wash, near Congress, Arizona. Her age at various times over the years was estimated to be between 6 and 8 years old, then later at between three-and-six-years-old.

Explaining why Sharon was never linked to the discovery of the body in Arizona, cops said the clothing she was found in was different to what she had last been wearing. Confusion about her age also muddied the waters."

"The Alamogordo Police Department and the FBI searched for the little girl but were unable to find her or the suspects, believed to be driving a dark green 1951 or 1952 Plymouth.

The Yavapai County case went cold until 2015, when the remains were exhumed to get DNA samples."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back