GUILTY FL - Jerry 'Mike' Williams, 31, Tallahassee, 16 Dec 2000 *Wife Arrested in 2017*

well tbat sucks

Yes,
50x50px-LL-fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif
yes it does suck... at least she'll be about 80 in 30 years.

Assistant Attorney General Benjamin Hoffman has requested a full District Court of Appeal review concerning the life sentence reversal. Another possibility is re-instatement of the accessory after the fact conviction:

"Hoffman also asked that the trial court be allowed to resentence Williams by reinstating the jury’s verdict finding her guilty of being an accessory after the fact and sentence her on that charge. The accessory charge was dropped post conviction because by law a person cannot commit both that crime and murder."

AG: Denise Williams murder conviction reversal ignored evidence, lawmaker intent

Who raised their only daughter? I know his mother died a few years ago and didn't have access to her granddaughter if I recall correctly.

Thank you Mary, I thought I heard otherwise. Glad to hear she is still with us and hope she is well. A tough life.
I hope she is too!! If it wasn’t for her this would have been case closed that he drowned! From what Mike’s daughter said it sounds like she probably isn’t in touch with her as she believes her mother to be innocent.

I just have to say this - Anslee Williams is 22 now so I think it’s ok. I can’t imagine how it’s been for her but her statement that she never saw her mom conspiring to kill MW holds no weight IMO. She was 18 months old when he was murdered.

I've found both in my own life and those of most of the I.D. crime shows, that most
adult children stick with the only parent they have left, through thick & thin. Disregarding all the evidence that is plain enough for others to see, they simply cannot bring themselves to deny that parent who serves their needs I suppose. It's rare to see any who do when the parent is really terrible, to admit it to themselves, because they never got "that side" of the person that the other parent did.

I've found both in my own life and those of most of the I.D. crime shows, that most
adult children stick with the only parent they have left, through thick & thin. Disregarding all the evidence that is plain enough for others to see, they simply cannot bring themselves to deny that parent who serves their needs I suppose. It's rare to see any who do when the parent is really terrible, to admit it to themselves, because they never got "that side" of the person that the other parent did.
I hear you. To me it’s ridiculous to say that but yes that’s all she knows and it would be very hard to see the other side.

I wanted to share the statement Mike's mother made in court at the most recent hearing. The words captioned on the screen are a little off sometimes, so you'll have to listen closely at some points. Hopefully it's not behind a subscribe wall.
WATCH | Cheryl Williams reads her victim impact statement
Thank you. I was only able to hear some of it but that’s ok.
That’s the first time I heard that Brian cancelled the trip at 3 am. Did they check phone records? And that Cheryl ran a day home! My daughter goes to a great one but I’m sure Cheryl’s was exceptional.
Cheryl is the epitome of a loving mother. The way she brought this case forward and opened it is so inspiring really! It’s so crazy that it would have been accepted that alligators are his entire body and all his clothing!!

Thank you. I was only able to hear some of it but that’s ok.
That’s the first time I heard that Brian cancelled the trip at 3 am. Did they check phone records? And that Cheryl ran a day home! My daughter goes to a great one but I’m sure Cheryl’s was exceptional.
Cheryl is the epitome of a loving mother. The way she brought this case forward and opened it is so inspiring really! It’s so crazy that it would have been accepted that alligators are his entire body and all his clothing!!

I am not sure if they checked the phone records.

I am not sure if they checked the phone records.
Doesn’t that seem odd that you would cancel an outing at 3 am? But maybe that’s when they were set to leave. I thought I read somewhere it was 5 am though that Mike left at. I tried to find it online but couldn’t. It’s the first time I heard that Brian was going though - I thought all alone that that was not public knowledge and that Denise had said that Mike went alone and was planning to go alone.
Anyways, it is was it is now. The truth has been revealed.

I agree with you and it makes me angry and sad for the parent who was murdered by the other parent, when their children stand by the parent accused of murder, and with so much evidence to support that parent did commit the murder. It is usually the father that murdered the mother (though not always)- I find it so disrespectful to the murdered parent (usually the mother), who was so devoted to her children, but when she is murdered, it is like they abandon her and continue to strongly side with the remaining parent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back