Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting here... I'm not entirely caught up with the thread, but just wanted to say that I, like many of the other women here, have survived abusive partners. We've had guys hit us, grab us, verbally provoke us to the point of emotional breakdown or outburst, drive at unsafe speeds with us as passenger, and I personally have had a guy leave me on the side of the road to scare me that I was abandoned in the middle of somewhere very unsafe and then circle back to get me after I had been thoroughly unhinged by being left. Abuse comes in many forms, from subtle to gross, and it doesn't always look the way you think. Those who are suggesting some of us are projecting past experiences onto BL's behavior may need to actually listen a bit more carefully to those of us who have survived relationships with men who are capable of terrible things. We see things you don't because our experiences have created a heightened awareness of certain behaviors that raise huge red flags. BL's behavior raises a whole lot of red flags. It is plain as day to many of us. Those of us who are here commenting are the lucky ones because we lived to see another day. GP may not be so lucky to be able to tell her story one day, and there is one person who knows what happened, and he is showing a pathological lack of empathy by remaining silent. Look how much pain his silence is causing GP's loved ones, that in itself is abuse, it doesn't matter if it is his constitutional right, it is inhumane and unconscionable.
This. This is so accurately & beautifully put it makes me want to weep. Women like us have a heightened awareness for dynamics & even the most subtle signals others miss. The 'crazy female' trope is big in this case, as is the 'reasonable calm guy' trope. Thank you.

thank you for replying but can you please elaborate on previous road trip?
I thought it was on this current road trip. The published this video on Aug 19th after the police encounter on Aug 12th.
How correct is this time line on Gabby Petito Search: Timeline Of Road Trip With Fiance Brian Laundrie, Notable Dates And Events

The video is a compilation of a road trip they had taken before this one and this one.
I don't believe they were in Santa Monica anytime recently - it was from a prior trip they just edited it into this video.

Random question: how old is BL? I keep seeing everywhere that GP is 22 and BL is “older”. How much older? People keep talking about them as if they’re just kids… and that may be true for GP, but if BL is like 30 then I think we can throw the whole “he’s just a dumb kid” argument out the window here…

I'm not concerned as to the reasoning, I probably should have left that bit out, but he lives at Vero beach and he paid for some food to be sent to Gabby when she was alone in the hotel. I'm not entirely sure about the details regarding whether he knew Brian was away.

My point is more that Gabby's dad was nearby, so why pay for a plane ticket for Brian to return home to Florida and a hotel room for Gabby for several nights?

Also, Brian and his dad moved Gabby and Brian's stuff out of a storage unit because Brian's dad said they could store their stuff in Brian's parents house. But B and G were living at his parents's house, so they moved stuff out of that house to a storage unit and then back to the house.

It could be Brian's dad decluttered and made more space, but I believe they didn't have masses of travelling time left and it all just sounds a bit unnecessary.

Would Brian have gone home for some other reason? I'm assuming LE will be checking all this. I'll be interested to see what they make of this.

Agreed.

This flight back to Florida doesn't make a lot of sense if it was to move GP's belongings (or joint belongings) from a storage unit to a home. The plane ticket would have cost more than several months of storage unit fees.

It is possible that they were moving things INTO a storage unit - and that would make sense if BL was breaking up with GP - and would explain why GP's father (who did live more than an hour away) didn't help.

This scenario requires that LB then either changed his mind about breaking up OR didn't want to leave GP stranded in SLC (as she didn't like driving the van) and then returned to Utah, and then they made up and continued to Wyoming, where something bad happened.

I'd like to get the references for the flight to Florida and the storage unit stuff. I heard it on Dr. Grande, but I don't know his sources.

Random question: how old is BL? I keep seeing everywhere that GP is 22 and BL is “older”. How much older? People keep talking about them as if they’re just kids… and that may be true for GP, but if BL is like 30 then I think we can throw the whole “he’s just a dumb kid” argument out the window here…

He's 23, turning 24 in November.

i believe he is 24 almost 25, they met in high school so he age difference cant be to far.

Regarding the Moab coincidence with Gabby's disappearance and the murders of the newlywed couple - it is a coincidence no doubt. However, when you add in the fact that the Moab area is a magnet for young/outdoorsy/transient-like people, add in the fact that such people tend to like coffee shops/whole foods groceries/bars etc, add in the fact that Moab is small and has limited number of these establishments .... it gets to be far less of a coincidence IMO.

Next question - Do we know if it is a webcam that records? Or just streams a live feed. For instance, traffic cams in CT just stream a live feed, there isn't a backup recording or anything that can be checked later.
Good question: and to add for how long is it saved before backup is full and then possibly deleted, or better, is it transferred to the cloud?

In the police report, officer Pratt mentions he happened to be driving by the Moonflower when the call came in, so he stopped to see if any witnesses were in the area. He mentions he found one (I.e Chris). From that it's not 100% that Chris made the 911 call. Unless I missed a fact somewhere else?
Ty. Someone stated later that "the other witnesses had left."

You bring up an interesting point @Herat and one I had not considered. Does BL have his own vehicle? If not, why not? I don't know of a single Florida kid in high school who did not get a car -either by saving money from jobs or a grandparent/parent gift. Curious indeed....
JMO

This was discussed last night, and many agreed that Brian's parents likely taught him that everything was someone else's fault. JMO

I believe he's just 2 years older.

Despite all the SM chatter, I haven't suspected the Schulte/Turner murders were actually connected to Gabby's disappearance and BL's hiding. However, after mulling over the statement made by BL's attorney... I'm now entertaining a possibility these could be connected. Weird.

It's worth noting the murder rate in Moab, UT. in 2018, there was 1 murder per 100K. ZERO going back to 2012, and nothing in 2019 and 2020.

For a community to rarely see homicides to suddenly see 2 confirmed and potentially 1 other, it's easy to see how people keep gravitating to this NOT being a coincidence.

The timelines are vague and sporadic enough to make a connection between the two cases plausible, and I'm sure there are details that LE has that is not yet public.

I'm from Lafayette, LA and the lack of details reminds me of the Mickey Schunick case. The general public and those on WS were so desperate for details, and often pinned their frustrations on LE. When all was said and done, they had Lavergne's truck on camera, and methodically tightened the noose, so-to-speak. It wasn't long before they had an arrest and her body buried on his property.

Point being, while it's entertaining to speculate, it's important to understand that in most cases, LE has the tools and resources to figure these things out. It's just unfortunate that the family and general public's timelines don't mirror LE's.

This is just my opinion, but even if he "comes clean" about where/how/ in what condition he left her, his life is basically ruined because so many will see him as a moral-less coward. He will be shunned by universities, employers, etc. Anywhere a reference is needed, and all of these entities do internet searches first. The only thing I can think of as a career, assuming he gets away with it, is starting a business of his own well hidden under layers of other companies. There is a word for that which escapes me. Shell companies to hide the actual owner? I don't think he realizes the ramifications for a 24 year old...basically the rest of his life trying to hide. I'm hopeful that if he does try to get away with it, he is visited in his dreams by Gabby every night for the rest of his life. IMO.

Well it does seem he is a coward to upmost extent. Now we don’t have the whole picture and still don’t know what happened so that’s why I put *seems*.

I certainly wouldn’t have any respect for him for the rest of his life….if I knew him personally. As a man and an individual. As for not being able to get a job etc. I don’t really have an opinion on that one way or another BUT karma does always seem to come back around eventually. You reap what you sow?

Some of the criminal offenses BL could have been charged with, had he not somehow been allowed to deflect most blame to the owner of the vehicle, the non-driver:

Grand theft auto "grand theft auto is to take someone else’s car, without permission and with the intent permanently or significantly to deprive the owner of it. The offense is a type of auto theft. In many states, it can be charged as a felony offense that carries more than a year in prison." Grand Theft Auto - What is The Legal Definition?

"Robbery: 76-6-301. Robbery.
(1) A person commits robbery if:
(a) the person unlawfully and intentionally takes or attempts to take personal property in the possession of another from his person, or immediate presence, against his will, by means of force or fear, and with a purpose or intent to deprive the person permanently or temporarily of the personal property; or..." https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter6/76-6-S301.html

Excessive velocity Utah: "Traffic violations will cost you": "21 to 30 mph over the speed limit for a first offense carries a fine of $90 to $300 plus the surcharge and six points." Penalties For Traffic Violations - Trbovich Law Firm

Penalties for Evading the Police (not specific to Utah)
"A criminal charge of fleeing or evading the police may be either a misdemeanor or felony charge, depending on the circumstances. Generally fleeing the police in a vehicle is a felony charge,"......"Standard felony penalties include:
  • Up to years in state prison;
  • A fine of $10,000;
  • One-year driver’s license suspension; and
  • Impoundment of your car. Evading Police - FindLaw

------------------------------------------------------
    Yet, a woman is threatened with arrest because she physically tried to stop the thief. So, in carjackings is the victim, the owner of the car, usually threatened with prosecution for trying to keep their own vehicle?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Note: I could not find the penalties for grabbing a woman's face hard enough to leave marks on her, and to cause her pain an hour or more later. Battery? Assault? both?

I bet some form of auto theft along with theft of possessions will be tacked on to manslaughter or murder charges in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88