Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reasonable chance that, if she was alive when he left but was incapacitated by injury or lost in the park, she could still be alive 2+ weeks later? I am having trouble finding an outcome where she is somewhere alive. If she is alive, then she would have to be being held somewhere by a dangerous person because of her lack of contact.

I don’t feel good about the timeline of the 25th to the latest 30th of her disappearing, and it now being the 16th. Too much time has passed. But I want to know…are there any other cases where a camper/hiker was injured or lost and able to survive 17+ days in the wilderness?

Calling her “Miss Petito” in the statement released by BL’s attorney isn’t just a slap in the face, it’s ignorant considering that it’s obvious they’ve been together for some time.

It makes him/them appear completely cold and unfeeling — very detached. That’s not how you talk about someone who lives in your home and was supposedly a fiancé. It’s how you talk about a stranger.

I cannot imagine that anyone thought “Miss Petito” was a term of respect. If the attorney came up with the wording it was bad advice (but BL or the family must have approved it).

jmo

Having just been through a jury seating, that's how lawyers refer to people, especially if they are people about whom they are personally unfamiliar.

I think we all need to be careful about calling this an abusive relationship. A one hour snippet in the course of a 3 or 4 year relationship isn't enough to call this "abusive". I don't see either person as "abusive", young and immature but not abusive. I think that's what the officers saw as well, two young people who had a less than stellar moment and regardless of who the aggressor was in the situation, this was not indicative of a deeper issue where either party was at risk.
My last post on abuse. Many don't think this can be labelled as abuse based on only a one hour snippet of time but you also can't say that it's not abuse based on a one hour snippet of time. Abuse is typically a cycle and pattern of behavior. I posit that just like when you take your car to a mechanic, the mechanic will know what to look at under the hood, or when you go to the doctor they will know based on symptoms, what blood work to order, abusive behavior is recognized by people who are familiar with it. Yes everyone has arguments and bad days but being disrespected, minimized, devalued, lied about is abusive. It can be subtle and covert and unfortunately the target is frequently not believed because the abuser is totally different around others. MOO

I was curious about leaving through the backyard as well in the night. Media may be in front of his house, but if he can get to another street from his backyard, he could've met a car there.

I drove by their house today. I live about 20 minutes away. There were quite a few protesters and people from the media outside, but the street that runs behind the house did not have either. I could see where it would be easy for someone to pick him up on that street. I was actually surprised that there wasn't more traffic there.

Well, there you go...this would be my bet.

Is there a reasonable chance that, if she was alive when he left but was incapacitated by injury or lost in the park, she could still be alive 2+ weeks later? I am having trouble finding an outcome where she is somewhere alive. If she is alive, then she would have to be being held somewhere by a dangerous person because of her lack of contact.

I don’t feel good about the timeline of the 25th to the latest 30th of her disappearing, and it now being the 16th. Too much time has passed. But I want to know…are there any other cases where a camper/hiker was injured or lost and able to survive 17+ days in the wilderness?

If she were near a water source, she could have the possibility of surviving in this scenario. She'd be needing food real soon though.

Now THAT is an interesting possibility: that the reason she stayed in the SLC hotel for all those days wasn't because she didn't like driving the van (which she said) but because he took the keys with him. That would be horrible, if true -

The hotel was an "airport service" type. I assumed (and I'm hoping) that this was because the flight was planned and agreed-upon. I just don't know.
Even if she knew he was traveling, they could originally have splurged on one night in the hotel, to be nearer his flight departure spot, if it was an airport hotel. Then he could have left with her keys, and thus required an expensive stay by her. He would know that he himself would not have to pay. He could have done this to make her look bad to her family, her blog fans. Just to put stress on her any way he could. Looky here, she really stays in hotels.

Remember he got home on the first of the month and looks like they hired a lawyer before the police came around. They also could have flown him out of the country immediately and left his cell phone in the house, hence "they know where he is." Has anyone laid eyes on him?

On another note, has anything been said about how they were financing their trip? They would need a lot of money for gas, food etc.

I was having this conversation with my husband. He may very well be out of the country at this point. The comment from the Police Chief about knowing his 'location' really made me take pause. There are certainly countries that do not have extradition treaties with the US. Thus far it appears all communication with LE regarding BL has solely been through his NY attorney.

MOO.

I thought I read early on that they had previously worked together at a Publix. Is that fact? If Gabby had traded in her car (I think it was a Nissan), to buy the van, wouldn't she need more money for that? Maybe Brian paid towards buying the van. Maybe he put money towards the renovation cost. Because the van was registered in her name, we are all treating it as hers, but they may have understood it to be theirs together. JMO

I believe The Bank of Dad supplied additional funds to purchase the van.

Having just been through a jury seating, that's how lawyers refer to people, especially if they are people about whom they are personally unfamiliar.

Yes but since it's a statement on behalf of his client, I'd expect less formal addresses. In court, definitely but as a statement from the family, it sounds especially cold.

Hello, I do understand where you’re coming from with them being young people blaming him when it’s innocent until proven guilty, what I don’t understand is why? even if they did have an argument, why not let her parents know first she got lost or that he might of or didn’t hurt her. As I read on a post on the last thread, if you even had some kind of love connection or even cared for your ex spouse, the humanly thing to do is try to look for them. In this case, BL freaked out and left to Florida and didn’t say anything about his spouse or ex spouse whereabouts. It just doesn’t make sense when GP even lived with his family for 2 years. How is the family is defending him after they maybe know what happened to her? IMO I feel like she’s gone at this point. I don’t want to be pessimistic but this is exactly what Lori Vallow did with her children. She stayed silent and lawyered up and never spoke up.

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal precept, it's used in courts of law. We the people can think and say otherwise. LE can't, though. Prosecutors have to claim someone committed a crime, and then everyone who is not on the jury can still think what they want.

I totally agree that Brian's behavior has made a lot of us suspicious. Gabby was not BL's spouse, though. There seem to be only a handful of options for Gabby - each of which BL would know something about.

I guess if all else fails, Gabby's family can sue BL in a civil case. It would be long and complicated, but at least they could depose BL. Finding the right causes of action might be challenging, but a good PI/WD attorney could do it.

Remember he got home on the first of the month and looks like they hired a lawyer before the police came around. They also could have flown him out of the country immediately and left his cell phone in the house, hence "they know where he is." Has anyone laid eyes on him?

On another note, has anything been said about how they were financing their trip? They would need a lot of money for gas, food etc.

Her dad would add to the funding. Per Dominos Pizza comment.

BL’s sister, Cassie:

“"I wish I could talk to him," Cassie Laundrie said. “I’ve cooperated every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more.

Confirms she hasn’t talked to BL at all, imo. She’s prob just as much in shock as the rest of us. So… are BL’s parents sequestering him all this time, or is he isolating himself? Either way, I don’t think this pressure is EVER going away. Go to the gas station- questions. Barber- questions. Grocery- questions. Work- few would employ him. Job apps- good luck. His life as he knows it is forever changed. His parents lives never the same again. Their self-employed businesses are going to take a big hit. Maybe go under. How long can one exist like that?

Besides concerns about finding Gabby in wilderness & soon snow & relentless winter in NW WY, I’m concerned how BL is handling this scorn & pressure. Why? If he doesn’t crack & spill the beans, he may become suicidal & GB will never be found. It’s a hopeless situation- in between rock & hard place. Even with last pings & auto data, sometimes entire SAR teams miss bodies in small neighborhood grids nevermind 2 adjacent national parks. Ugh. Jmo. Moo.

As search for Gabby Petito continues, first person in Brian Laundrie's family speaks

But I'm getting the impression that he may be a money sponge, from his parents and from GP, and that he was frustrated that the road trip wasn't turning out to be the way he wanted it because of GP's focus on SM - even though it was her van and her work that was making the trip possible. He may have, at a minimum, entitlement issues.
For all intents and purposes, it was their van, and from their instagrams he did quite a bit of work on it as well and was the primary driver. I’m not sure how her work was making the trip possible as clearly everything about the van and the trip was a joint effort on theirs and their families parts.

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal precept, it's used in courts of law. We the people can think and say otherwise. LE can't, though. Prosecutors have to claim someone committed a crime, and then everyone who is not on the jury can still think what they want.

I totally agree that Brian's behavior has made a lot of us suspicious. Gabby was not BL's spouse, though. There seem to be only a handful of options for Gabby - each of which BL would know something about.

I guess if all else fails, Gabby's family can sue BL in a civil case. It would be long and complicated, but at least they could depose BL. Finding the right causes of action might be challenging, but a good PI/WD attorney could do it.

He’d take the Fifth. Each and every time they would ask a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes