Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 17, 2021
‘You never know what you’ve got in a photo’: Witnesses sought in Gabby Petito disappearance case | WFLA
[...]

SB said she spotted the couple’s van on Aug. 25 and contacted police.

“It had the black ladder on the back and the two black rooftops on top—the two bars—and we made the comment that would be the perfect little camper van to go around in,” Baker said.

Investigators are hoping more people come forward with information regarding the case.

“You never know what you’ve got in a photo,” said Teton County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Clayton Platt. “Low and behold there was a van that matches the description of this van in this case. All those little pieces can be pieces in the puzzle to help us figure out where Gabby is.”

[...]

@JudgeJoe, @oviedo - timeline
Where did she see them Aug 25?

Saw you tagged me last thread, @PommyMommy . By the time I replied, thread had closed! THIS IS MOVING SO FAST!

Haven’t updated timeline because the story is so frantically exposed EVERYWHERE, that even major MSM outlets are failing to fact check, imo. For example, the last date seen, found date & TOD for the Moab couple is critically different with different sources. Which is so important when LE is saying that the 2 cases are not ruled unrelated. Just saw a NEW headline that said Gabby’s missing 6 days (whaaa?) assuming because the missing persons report was filed Sept 11. So many other examples I could list.

VERY FRUSTRATING. I didn’t want to contribute to tangent discussions based on floating dates reported widely in media rn. So holding off to update TL. :(

ETA: Just noticed our braver, more patient than me @oviedo just took on the monster timeline so THANK YOU.;)

Last edited:
We really don't know this yet. Her family made it sound like the van was her own acquisition.
Well we know he was the primary driver, we know it was her name on the title (correct me if I’m wrong on that but I thought it was confirmed), and we know they both did work on making the van what it was for their cross country trip. We know her parents helped out with money along the way, I don’t remember if his family did, but as they were living with them prior to the trip I’d say they probably helped somehow. They both weren’t working so I don’t see where “her work” is what was making their trip possible.

I’m surprised the issue of it being “her van” is still mentioned. Like I said, for all intents and purposes it was theirs. Before my marriage my husband and I sold my car that I bought before I knew him and bought a new car, he wasn’t on the title to “my” car but it was ours and we use it for trips to Vegas and San Francisco. But really, the van’s legal owner is still kind of insignificant at this point.

Absolutely. I have also done this for my teenagers while I was working and they were on holiday or home-schooling due to Covid.

I agree completely. I have certainly done the same many many times over the years, when I was asked and when I offered an easy meal or other help.

My curiosity revolved around whether or not she was upset at that time and whether her dad knew if BL was in town or had actually gone to Florida (or someplace else).

I thought I read early on that they had previously worked together at a Publix. Is that fact? If Gabby had traded in her car (I think it was a Nissan), to buy the van, wouldn't she need more money for that? Maybe Brian paid towards buying the van. Maybe he put money towards the renovation cost. Because the van was registered in her name, we are all treating it as hers, but they may have understood it to be theirs, together. JMO

Does anyone know if BL ever had a job and what he did for money?

For actual money. Not the drawing/art stuff. There is no money in that.
Very curious how he was paying for the van life trip. Or if the money was totally from Gabby and from his and her parents.

Just saying ... that when I was in my early 20s I was expected by my parents to have a job, not live off of them, or go traveling around on a months-long vacation while they sent me money. So I worked, but these two did not. Is someone's parents in this saga rich? From the looks of BL's parents house, they are not rich people. So where was his money coming from?

Someone earlier mentioned "savings". Who has a lot of savings at the age of 22?

In the police report, officer Pratt mentions he happened to be driving by the Moonflower when the call came in, so he stopped to see if any witnesses were in the area. He mentions he found one (I.e Chris). From that it's not 100% that Chris made the 911 call. Unless I missed a fact somewhere else?

Thanks for this link! It states that LE took Brian to the Bowen hotel in Moab. I'm attaching a link to a map that shows the Bowen hotel across the street from the Moonflower Coop and several cafes nearby. I hope the map link works.

bowen motel moab utah - Bing Maps

I still think it quite possible they unexpectedly encountered something that may have separated them...and he alone escaped terrified - or there was an accident, she didn't survive, he thought he would be blamed and he headed to the place best suited for self-preservation - home.
I don't see either of these young people as having diabolical motives.

Not certain about the diabolical motives part--maybe his harming of her was a selfish reaction made in the heat of passion or whatever--however nothing can excuse abandoning your girlfriend to whatever happened to her, and fleeing with her property (her van) to mommie and daddys house and hiding out there while the girlfriends family desperately search for her. That reveals all that is needed to know about this guy. I pity anyone in his orbit, IMO.

BBM - This in itself is telling. So she isn't able to talk to him then. Is that refusal based on BL, his parents or the attorney? You would think the person interviewing her would have asked her WHY she can't?
I really do wonder why she bothered with all of this instead of just saying "I haven't spoken to my brother since he came back so I don't have anything helpful, I wish I did" or even since a specific timeframe. Instead it's a long drawn out interview of jack squat. ::shrug::
I don't get the purpose of her media appearance. Reminds me of the Watts parents always saying "All we want is the TRUTH"!! When all they have to do is ask their own son, the confessed baby murderer. Has this lady even tried to contact her brother in the last 17 days to say "What's going on?"

Last edited:
Exactly. To blame a victim is to silence the victim. Blame shifting empowers the abuser, who then bullies his way into control, creating sympathy for himself. Brian is attempting to lessen his guilt by putting Gabby on public trial. Just how far will Brian go to lessen the guilt he feels? Is he feeling a need to justify his actions?

What did I miss? How is BL attempting to put Gabby on public trial? I think the public may be doing that after watching the 1 hr 17 minute bodycam footage.

The only time we have heard anything from BL was on the bodycam footage and his version of events closely matched Gabby’s and the Moontower Co-Op witness, Christopher.

And yes, BL may have use words like, ‘she is crazy” but young people being confronted by police after a stressful fight don’t choose their words carefully. The police were very focused on pointing out and taking pics of his injuries so BL was now being made more ‘aware’ by LE that he was the injured one in the situation. He seems to me embarrassed by being called the victim and went as far as to tell LE that he loves her, doesn’t want her charged, and that his injuries were no big deal. He didn’t embellish or withhold answers to LE at the time.

If the genders were reversed, Brian would most likely have been charged with DV right then and there. The only reason Gabby wasn’t was because of the LE Supervisor who came and challenged the officer in his decision. And then asked a very leading question of Gabby to solicit an answer to justify LE downplaying the situation. The lawyers are going to have a field day with that exchange.

Remember, all parties/witnesses versions have Gabby attacking/injuring him. If it were Gabby with the same injuries (and some sustained while driving) you would have sympathy for her. I would.

And can you imagine the reversal? It would be OUTRAGE from the public if you heard BL saying that the reason he slapped/was hitting Gabby was because he was tired of her telling him to calm down? But that’s what she admitted doing to him, while driving, while cops were behind them, and in public at Moontower Co-Op.

And her excuse for attacking Brian in public was “not wanting to be left behind” at the Co-Op? She could have asked for police help and reported her vehicle being stolen or asked employees for assistance or called her parents and tell them Brian left her. But her reaction is to attack him and force herself back in the car with him. Does anyone see a problem with her state of mind?

His reaction to all the mania was always ‘let’s separate, let’s calm down, let’s take a walk, and was only physical when he was confronted with her physical attacks.

Remember, there’s more to this story than anyone knows, and he could come out of this with a list of nefarious actions in the end but so far the bodycam footage and witness statements lead this story in the direction of a manic woman who chooses to lash out physically to solve an issue before any other option and who had separation anxiety.

I am most concerned that in her state (without medication or any other help since Brian had no clue how to really help her or himself) that she went missing (through no fault of her own) and Brian has handled that in the worst way possible. But if it’s proven that the last texts and posts including the Spotify list changes, were not her (in a manic state), then it was made by her kidnapper or Brian.

It may be a coincidence, but the fact that two women went missing and were murdered in the same area and time frame and (according to the police report) one of the officers left the Moab scene where GP and BL were being questioned to attend to a potentially dangerous situation nearby with an intoxicated person. there’s a lot going on (that we know of so far) in this short span of time around this missing person and murdered newlyweds. And history has proven that anyone in her mental state is easy prey to criminals.

But as always:
- I am still very open minded to this case. He could have killed her purposely, by accident, he could have just plainly went home and left her, she could have left him and then disappeared, she could have been kidnapped by the lesbian couple’s murderer, and then there’s aliens. There’s always aliens. I say that half jokingly (see Skywalker Ranch and other NP missing persons reports). -

I was thinking that if they took the route from Grand Teton to Victor, ID then toward Yellowstone, this is the route they would have taken. there are lots of State HWY webcams on this route. I wonder if those have archived images? worth looking at
imo

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 12.21.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 12.21.29 PM.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 28
It raises the question: why didn't he fly back this second time? Why did he drive back instead of leaving the van out west?

It's the extremely implausible fact that he has the van back home, with no story about why, that makes it clear he abandoned her.
Such a succinct and obvious point - he had something to hide - and needed help to do that - IMO. impressive @Satchie

Well we know he was the primary driver, we know it was her name on the title (correct me if I’m wrong on that but I thought it was confirmed), and we know they both did work on making the van what it was for their cross country trip. We know her parents helped out with money along the way, I don’t remember if his family did, but as they were living with them prior to the trip I’d say they probably helped somehow. They both weren’t working so I don’t see where “her work” is what was making their trip possible.

I’m surprised the issue of it being “her van” is still mentioned. Like I said, for all intents and purposes it was theirs. Before my marriage my husband and I sold my car that I bought before I knew him and bought a new car, he wasn’t on the title to “my” car but it was ours and we use it for trips to Vegas and San Francisco. But really, the van’s legal owner is still kind of insignificant at this point.
If the van was in her name it was her van.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438924175914188800?s=21

Police just gave update on Gabby Petito investigation.
“Certainly there has been progress made over the last 24 hours. I don’t know that we are at the point that we have it solved."
Note: First comment refers to people saying they're going to protest at Brian Laundrie’s house.

Is there a reasonable chance that, if she was alive when he left but was incapacitated by injury or lost in the park, she could still be alive 2+ weeks later? I am having trouble finding an outcome where she is somewhere alive. If she is alive, then she would have to be being held somewhere by a dangerous person because of her lack of contact.

I don’t feel good about the timeline of the 25th to the latest 30th of her disappearing, and it now being the 16th. Too much time has passed. But I want to know…are there any other cases where a camper/hiker was injured or lost and able to survive 17+ days in the wilderness?

I'm leaning toward her not being alive, either. Early on, I felt as though there was a slim chance they were pulling a stunt to boost her vlog popularity, and that he knew he couldn't talk to LE without saying something that he'd be in trouble for later. If he said anything, one way or the other, he could be liable for the costs of LE trying to find her.

But now, too much time is passing and the entire nation is paying attention. She certainly would have come forward by now, so my hope that it was an elaborate ruse no longer even seems like a slim chance.

I just hope they find her soon. This has to be devastating to her parents.

Very tough to forage with hypothermia. Night temps are too cold. Imo

This is true. I used to live out west for 15 years; I've been to all of the places GP & BL visited or were going to visit. I don't even like camping up in the back country in the summer because I wake up & it's 32 degrees in summer. She'd have to have some type of shelter & water source to try to survive. What a total nightmare.

I was thinking about the same on the time...maybe some of the text on the 27th were really from GP so late 27th or 28th or even part of the 29th then drive back ... its 36 hrs straight drive time...he had to stop for gas 4-6 times eat sleep some.. so maybe about 2 days or little longer to get back to FL... Im still on the fence whether he came home by the 31st. His playlist upload on the 31st make me wonder if he could have been home. I hope people come forward seeing the van during this few days of 27th 28th 29th. JMO the 30th text was a ploy.
and if he took any toll roads his license plate will be available and if she had Sunpass/epass on her Van you can look online and see every toll charged for each day/time you pass through here in Florida - Sunpass has reciprocity too. I bet they have that data already.
JMO

Does anyone know if BL ever had a job and what he did for money?

For actual money. Not the drawing/art stuff. There is no money in that.
Very curious how he was paying for the van life trip. Or if the money was totally from Gabby and from his and her parents.

Just saying ... that when I was in my early 20s I was expected by my parents to have a job, not live off of them, or go traveling around on a months-long vacation while they sent me money. So I worked, but these two did not. Is someone's parents in this saga rich? From the looks of BL's parents house, they are not rich people. So where was his money coming from?

Someone earlier mentioned "savings". Who has a lot of savings at the age of 22?
I get the idea that YT and travel blogs were going to be developed by her to pay for this and future trips to Europe, etc. There really is a lot of money in YT once a channel gets the subs and the page views. But I also get the idea he was jealous of her endeavors, as he had no direction himself, and was seriously trying to sabotage her business and her mind.

Where in the police video do they say she has marks? I didn't see that. But I DID read in the police report that NOBODY reported that "the male struck the female."

I was attempting to transcribe all the parts that indicate she was also injured and my internet is being awful and my audio keeps failing - I'm rural. I know at one point one of the officers says "She has marks too" (maybe someone else can find it)
But I did manage to transcribe these parts

9:04
Officer: "Did he hit you"
GP : "He liked grabbed me" (puts hands to face grabbing to demonstrate)
Officer: Don't worry, be honest
GP: He like .. he like this .... (puts hands on face grabbing again) He didn't like hit me (makes punching motion) (inaudible)
Officer: Did he slap your face or what?
GP: He like grabbed (inaudible) it cut me here ... (strokes left cheek) ... I can feel it now ... *starts crying* (see photo - this mark is exactly where she's touching her face)

12:24
Officer: This officer noticed you have marks on your face
BL : I put marks on her too

21:08
Officer giving witness statement : He said he never saw the male strike the female. He saw the male trying to lock her out of the vehicle ..... he hung her backpack on the back probably so she'd have her *expletive* ... the witness is saying I never saw him hit her I saw him shove her he couldn't say if it was an aggression against her or a defense against her

(note the witness ALSO doesn't say that GP struck BL - the officer says witnessed says she clawed through the window over top of him )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.44.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.44.38 PM.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.45.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.45.09 PM.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics