Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the judge that is signing the arrest affidavit can also manage the preliminary hearing.

Is that not how it's done where you live? It's pretty common in the less populated counties here in California. I think Chaffee County will do what some other CO counties do and try to keep the same judge throughout. So far, the judge has seemed "victim friendly" (to the daughters), and the defense can't have much of an issue with him.

However, I do wonder if next up we'll see a request for a change of judge or venue, when Barry is bound over. I doubt either of those will happen - but it could definitely delay trial.

Barry has been in jail now for 4.5 months - and hunting season (with rifles) is coming up on Oct 1. He probably doesn't even have a window.

I believe BM heard about the bike being found and where from GD. GD told Lauren S. that he (GD) heard it on the scanner and that he was the 3rd person on scene because he lives so close by.
After at least 2 unanswered calls from LE, they had dispatch call BM and he had apparently worked up enough crocodile tears to answer. IIRC LE told dispatch to ask BM to confirm what color the bike is. So I guess BM will say he learned the location that way. JMO

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1429862650373083141?s=21
Defense says #BarryMorphew got to the scene of where #SuzanneMorphew bike found and was very emotional. Undersheriff says he disagrees. Defense says dispatch called him and when they called Barry he was very emotional. Undersheriff agrees. @KKTV11News

Fascinating that GD just happened to be glued to the scanner that day.

Overflow area... not quite set up yet. May have to do it myself....:D:D:D
Wow. Talk about last minute. Are there very many people there NoSi?
20 or so. I am getting a bit worried... Court staff has not been here yet to set up technology...
Maybe courtroom not filling up as expected? I hope they don’t forget you guys. That would be awful. I think we are all willing to wait until it’s all set up for you!

Is that not how it's done where you live? It's pretty common in the less populated counties here in California. I think Chaffee County will do what some other CO counties do and try to keep the same judge throughout. So far, the judge has seemed "victim friendly" (to the daughters), and the defense can't have much of an issue with him.

However, I do wonder if next up we'll see a request for a change of judge or venue, when Barry is bound over. I doubt either of those will happen - but it could definitely delay trial.

Barry has been in jail now for 4.5 months - and hunting season (with rifles) is coming up on Oct 1. He probably doesn't even have a window.

Fascinating that GD just happened to be glued to the scanner that day.

I live in the netherlands so it goes kind of different here.
It just seems a bit of a liability (i don´t know if that is the right word for it).

Because he could feel to proceed to trial because he signed the affidafit and if he doesnt he will maybe feel like losing face. Imo

Maybe his attorneys have leveled with him about about his future and they're trying to arrange a last minute plea for him. Alford.

Or maybe everybody's just busy trying to get Barry to wear his mask correctly.

JMO

I bet he's pretty nervous right now. Probably done with his baloney sandwich and funyuns, and already in the car awaiting transport.

#JusticeForSuzanne!
Wait. . . You get funyuns in jail? I’m gonna have to rethink a life of crime. Tell me there’s Reeses peanut butter cups and imma rethink my retirement plan!

I can't believe this is happening to me. I have waited for this day for 2 weeks 3 weeks, and I've got called into work! Please please please everyone keep posted I'm going to keep sneaking peeks at my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire