Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re in Salida today for #BarryMorphew’s hearing. He’s accused of murdering his wife, #SuzanneMorphew, last year. Today, we’ll learn if a judge thinks there’s enough evidence to go to trial. We’ll also find out if Barry will be able to bond out ahead of a potential trial.

5E4F9D51-6119-4EBE-823B-E695C1609CC5.jpeg
https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1438946439393017859?s=21

Is that not how it's done where you live? It's pretty common in the less populated counties here in California. I think Chaffee County will do what some other CO counties do and try to keep the same judge throughout. So far, the judge has seemed "victim friendly" (to the daughters), and the defense can't have much of an issue with him.

However, I do wonder if next up we'll see a request for a change of judge or venue, when Barry is bound over. I doubt either of those will happen - but it could definitely delay trial.

Barry has been in jail now for 4.5 months - and hunting season (with rifles) is coming up on Oct 1. He probably doesn't even have a window.

Fascinating that GD just happened to be glued to the scanner that day.

Isn't it though. Ya think Barry might've called Rambo, you know, while LE couldn't contact him on the way home? :p

That's right! Now I remember. That's why GD was there before BM was

You're right, he did hear it on the scanner. Thanks for reminding me.
Yes, GD heard it on the scanner because BM thought it was better to send a 70 woman to check on his wife than his 40 year old, 400 tours, best friend.

IT guy is stuck in traffic coming from Canyon City...o_O
peanuts-charlie-brown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members