Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts? If true that BL was picked up/accepted a ride, how does he return to the van?

I am not convinced he's the one who drove the van back to Florida and if so, not alone. I believe he was picked up and was crafting a story. Gabby said she was afraid of being left alone. BL left her alone for multiple days in an unregulated camping area without Wifi and likely without cell service to update their social media? The girl who was terrified of being left?

No, I think not.

MOO.

I'm treading carefully here, but what if Brian is lawyered up and remaining quiet to protect someone other than himself?

What if Brian's actions led Gabby to be left in a situation that in hindsight/given current events, wasn't a good and decent thing to do and now it looks as though there may be terrible consequences for Gabby and because of this, Brian too?

What if he didn't make that decision himself?

It is easy to confuse paranoia and control. It seems as though one person was getting all the attention while the other was not. One was certainly more “attractive” and attracted more attention.
Most crimes involve power and control. And most involve a narcissistic individual who seeks to demean or destroy someone who makes them feel insignificant. Most narcissistic people are very good at convincing others that their intentions are good. They simultaneously use covert means to elevate themselves in the eyes of others while demeaning others.
The body cam footage demonstrates this scenario on a very hot day with a dehydrated woman who had been threatened. The power play between these two involves both threatening each other with abandonment. The evidence we have at this point; we know one is alive and had a means of shelter and escape while the other is unknown. Obvious fact, but they demonstrate who last controlled the situation.

What if the true motivation for Brian’s short trip back to Florida was to get them money from his parents so that way they could continue on with the trip with less struggle. I could see her agreeing to being alone for a few days if she knew he was coming back with more money for them. Anyway, maybe he returns but is unable to find her, just the van. He sticks it out for a couple days hoping she’ll return to the van so he keeps checking on it but there’s no sign of her so he ultimately decides to take the van to return home after an ample amount of time. In this case he’d probably feel guilt for leaving her because something happened to her which could explain the shutdown. Probably a far fetched theory but yeah…

This doesn't make sense to me either, $200 would be a ton of money to two young people traveling on the budget I am sure they were on. I also am not sure we can 100% believe everything BL supposedly said to the people who picked him up especially since they reported he barely had any supplies, was clean, and told them he slept on a tarp. Maybe he knew they wouldn't take the money?

$200 is nothing if, hypothetically, it could help you potentially get away with murder, and besides, it’s not really your money, you’ve just taken it from your victim anyway.

If he just did something to GP why would he even mention her to the couple giving him a ride.
He sounded pretty scrambled, probably indicating some panic. $200? Traveling to Jackson to go north when Jackson is actually south? Clean and carrying only a tarp when he supposedly was camping alone, at 35°, for several days? His fiance was in the wilderness doing something that required WiFi? He sounds like he's wildly making up things as he goes and isn't getting his story straight.

I predict that he had just then harmed Gabby, panicked and was trying to get away, and then ultimately returned to the van, disposed of Gabby, and drove to FL.

I also sadly predict that if they find Gabby, it will be somewhere near to Coulter Bay Village off of Hwy 199, or east on Hwy 26 - unless he dumped her body somewhere on the trip home to FL.

(not directly at the person who is quoted here but at all the people who think Gabby was insane enough to be committed)

She is not in a psych facility. Come on, use your common sense here. She was out in the vast wilderness of these big national parks on her way (presumably) to Yellowstone. How many psych facilities are out there? Do you really seriously think they were happy in a store one day in Idaho with her fiance, hollering "we're engaged" and the next day she's in a psych facility? Something happened to her! To me, this is a form of blaming the victim - a woman, naturally, who is considered "crazy".
For the record, I think BL is as crazy as a person can get. I have my own theory about what happened and it involves him killing her.

IMO

We can't always believe everything we see on social media, though. So many post the good and hide the bad. It's a very superficial world where you get to choose what your followers/friends see.

Just as an example - I suffer from severe depression, but no one on any of my social media would have a clue because I choose which side of me they see.

A lot of the time it can be down to smoke and mirrors and perfecting that facade, and maybe Gabby, in an effort to be the successful Instagram 'influencer' and blogger, wouldn't want to reveal anything that could be deemed as unpalatable content.

The way she is behaving when LE pulled them over reveals someone who seems to be very fragile, anxious, and on edge.
This behaviour may well have been caused by how BL was treating her, but, with respect, we can't assume people don't have mental health issues simply because all seems rosy on social media.

That's interesting. I was watching Court TV last night and Vinnie Politan nearly blew a gasket when his panel of attorneys said basically the same thing. What about compassion for GP's family? I can understand his not speaking to LE but his refusal to speak to GP's family has no excuse.

In your link, the example given by one of the attorneys as to why BL should remain silent is precisely why BL should have contacted LE immediately: She could have accidentally fallen to her death and Laundrie feared he’d be blamed for it.

If that is what happened, after so much time has elapsed, nobody on a jury is going to believe it was an accident. JMO
Exactly, a few days of panic one can understand, not weeks of deafening silence. Under guidance of attorney, tell LE when you last saw her. No one is advising to “do the right thing” and that is what is so galling about this case.

What if the true motivation for Brian’s short trip back to Florida was to get them money from his parents so that way they could continue on with the trip with less struggle. I could see her agreeing to being alone for a few days if she knew he was coming back with more money for them. Anyway, maybe he returns but is unable to find her, just the van. He sticks it out for a couple days hoping she’ll return to the van so he keeps checking on it but there’s no sign of her so he ultimately decides to take the van to return home after an ample amount of time. In this case he’d probably feel guilt for leaving her because something happened to her which could explain the shutdown. Probably a far fetched theory but yeah…

I just don't see her as a 'strong' female at this time in her life. Maybe not even the same girl who started out. There was/is some sort of odd dependency on him and her constant apologies for 'grabbing the wheel' etc... She's a pleaser and if he's a narcissistic type she's programmed to not be able to think without him. This poor girl. His cavalier attitude during the Moab stop is just bizarre.

The Jackson/Jackson Hole/Jackson Dam loop feels similar to the Yosemite/Yellowstone rabbit hole. Lol

However, if this was BL and the story this young woman told was accurate, there is zero chance Gabby would have been okay camping alone near the Snake River while he hiked for “days”. She didn’t want to be without him for one night in Moab. I see no way she would spend days alone at a remote campsite.

IMO.

$200 is nothing if, hypothetically, it could help you potentially get away with murder, and besides, it’s not really your money, you’ve just taken it from your victim anyway.

well we don't know whether he planned to kill the tiktokers and take their car and then changed his mind when he realized he was nearer to Gabby's van

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Just reposting the link because the thread is moving so fast!

Well, that is a whopper!

If that is all true and we believe what BL told the people who picked him up that he was camping for several days alone, that means the last sighting of them together could have possibly been the 8/26, maybe 8/27. Did something happen to her, and BL took off to appear to alibi himself? I am more curious now what the text Gabby's mother received on the 27th said. If BL did send the texts on the 27th and the 30th, that does not give him much time to arrive back to Florida; he would have had to drive straight through and even then wouldn't have arrived until way late on 9/1.

All in all, I am glad so many people are coming forward with information and tips; it is helping even more to firm up the timelines.

The nighttime temps were way too low during that time period to be "sleeping on a tarp", IMHO. They were in the 20s for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage