Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? What if it was your husband's best male friend ? I hate to bring gender into it but I see nothing wrong with two female friends wanting to track each other to be safe. The only legit fear is of an affair but in Brian's case, it is about control of his identity and how others percieve him leading to loss of control over Gabby. Brian becomes hyper aware of his own abuse of Gabby, is enraged that Gabby has told Rose (in his mind) or that she gets protection from anyone but him. JMO.

Gabby and her friend's use of a tracking app should have been of no concern to Gabby's fiance. My hypothetical feelings about my husband using a tracking app with another woman has nothing to do with this and I shouldn't have replied about it in the first place.

I think of what the woman in Victor, Idaho, said - that as they were leaving her store Gabby turned around and yelled back, "we're engaged!" I was wondering why she did that, but I think Gabby was trying really hard to keep Brian stable, by managing him and continually reassuring him. Very disturbing to read that he heard voices which kept him awake - his mental illness might have made managing him impossible.
Where did you read that? I’m hopelessly behind

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?

I’m not certain but this may just be a setting the user inputs manually. Like on dating apps where you can specify your location. You can choose it to be anywhere in the world.

The game changer has to be the information from the campers who BL offered $200 for a 10 mile ride. His effort to lead possible witnesses away from a possible crime scene and simultaneously provide himself with an alibi failed. Its obvious that he doubled back, grabbed the van and beat it back to Florida. He also had the van in his possession long enough to do a cleanup after his return. Thankfully, BL has left a trail of bad decisions since his interaction with the Moab police.
Its just a matter of time before LE serves an arrest warrant.

Very Interesting. I wasn’t aware of this detail but I haven’t been on the boards since 1est today and didn’t have time to catch up. Ugh. Sounds like this is starting to snowball/gain speed that it is Occam’s razor and whatever did happen was just between Gabby and BL. Expected(at least to me) but it doesn’t sound like she’s with us anymore. Or at least it seems that’s where this is headed. Royally Sucks even if i expected it. Just tragic. :(

I must admit this not completely inconceivable but hear me out... Why was Brian (allegedly) hiking alone for multiple days, with nothing but a tarp and suddenly he is also now wearing hiking boots? I mean even in that one Instagram photo Gabby was talking about everyone crowding round and complimenting her shoes and Brian hiking barefoot. I'm assuming "multiple days" would suggest the 25th-29th. This witness in the TikTok video claims Brian was heading to Jackson but then once he's in the car and they tell him they're heading to Jackson Brian allegedly "freaks out" and asks to be let out. So as I understand this, Gabby and Brian arrived on the afternoon/evening of the 25th in Grand Teton and immediately split up and she stayed behind to work on their travel website and Brian just went off with virtually zero supplies to camp "alone." This is just absolutely unbelievable. I mean considering he was back in Florida September 1st can we assume or hazard a guess that whatever happened to Gabby, happened the night of the 29th when Brian as it would seem from this story was hitchhiking back to meet her? Or, alternatively, was Gabby already dead and Brian was going to hitchhike out of Wyoming, as in he had just started that day this girl and her boyfriend picked him up, leaving the van, but then, Brian had a change of heart and decided to go back for the van? Like he realized hitchhiking was going to completely suck and he just got really paranoid after these two picked him up? What if Gabby's body is somewhere near Jackson Dam/Coulter Bay? Very strange indeed!

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Last edited:
I'm about 4 threads behind so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (sorry if so).

Does 'AllTrails' app mark your phones current location?
I ask because BL's is saying his is in 'North Point, Fla'.
GP's says "Bayamon,Northern Region,Puerto Rico'.

www.alltrails.com/members/brian-laundrie

www.alltrails.com/members/gabby-petito

I think that would be their default locations. Not necessarily where they are at the moment.

AllTrails requires a valid city to be associated with your account so that we can recommend great local trails.
How do I update my default location?

Wasn’t blaming the mob at all, but I just hope that there are answers before something like this happens. So I think there is a fine line to be drawn here, especially if protesters are saying they are going to hang him, etc.
This is America, it's inevitable. And legal with the exception of being on public property. There's probably some local ordinance re decibels and hour of the day, and it will be closed down. The cops are so used to all of this I doubt they even hear it. I suspect what the family and their son are getting on SM is far far worse. I'd rather they scream and shout all night long than let Brian get away with what he has done to her family, if not outright murder.

per the NP Police: the September 10 report was about a phone call, not a visit by Mr. Petito to the Laundrie house. They specifically said that he phoned from his home in Verona, and didn't go to BL's home..
I think the point is to stream on social media for attention, not actually convince Brian to do the right thing.

Yes. He's almost certainly not even there. And if he's in an institution somewhere, they may not even be allowed to visit him.

Tracking each other is a ‘thing’ now. Not uncommon with young/new couples. IMO
Or just friends who are concerned about each other. It's not unusual to have find my friends turned on in a friend group. I don't find that odd at all. Or if you have a loved one in a dangerous profession like LE or search and rescue. The podcast To Live and Die in LA convinced a lot of people to turn on their Google Timeline - I don't think it's weird absent other concerning behavior, especially if you were in remote areas with bad cell service, living your #vanlife.

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?
i am going to go ahead and call this in...just letting everyone know so that they do not have to get multiple calls. This is an awesome find @Lurkiee

For all of the people quick to jump to conclusions....

Let's say GP wasn't dating BL... but was dating the perfect guy... and then that perfect guy makes a friend... let's call him Brian Laundrie... and GP gets a hinky feeling about that friend... and then one night her boyfriend says... me and Bri are going out to this new bar... dunno what time I'll be home. Don't worry. He's cool!

Discuss:

* maybe sometimes it IS OK to worry about your significant other's friends?

It is ok to worry, sure. It is not ok to act on it in ways that take away SO's autonomy. Mature balanced people talk about it and trust each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam