Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, while I was on hold I did a bit more looking and see that you can change your default location on All Trails. I created an account and did just that. So, I am not going to call this in and bombard them. Still a good find for a timeline and so forth, @Lurkiee

I think that would be their default locations. Not necessarily where they are at the moment.

AllTrails requires a valid city to be associated with your account so that we can recommend great local trails.
How do I update my default location?

The thread was moving so fast I couldn't keep up and missed this... But Yes, you are right. Could be what she set as her default location.

i am going to go ahead and call this in...just letting everyone know so that they do not have to get multiple calls. This is an awesome find @Lurkiee

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?
Unless it is like FB and other SM where you can put any location in ??
My younger friends always put we are in Cancun or Florida or some vacation spot when we meet them for breakfast or dinner locally, just for fun and they tag they are with us, so it shows on our SM pages too.

So you can put any place and this is her PROFILE, not check in.

EDIT--I see you found that info out by checking it out LOL

Carry on !!! I am a bit behind. You all are moving so darn fast in here :p

Last edited:
another theory. What if BL and GP went hiking starting at Jackson. The left the van their and went hiking. Along the way they got lost and separated. BL wondered for a few days and finally found someone with a car. He's hoping GP got back to the car. At this point, he'll offer $200 to anyone willing to take him to the van. He does finally get there but GP's not there. That could almost make sense but... I would hope the next second he'd call the rangers.

I think he knew what he was doing, and knew what he was doing was wrong. That’s why he ran home to mommy and hasn’t cooperated.

Time will tell, but this doesn’t fit at all in regards to legitimate insanity claims.

Agree, not at all. And, at this point I'm thinking probably 2nd degree murder as well. A fight that got out of hand.

That part of the article - the girlfriend said Gabby told her BL was occasionally hearing voices - indicates something very serious going on with him. Too bad Gabby didn't realize how serious that is. And she slept over at her new friend's home 7-10 times to get away from him? That's a lot of arguments. And she felt they were escalating. That was a bad situation even before they went on the van trip. Yeah I guess he could be in a hospital and plotting how to use an "insanity" defense. IMO
This is really serious.
I wondered a bit why Gabby's dad moved to Florida himself, to be closer to his daughter. Might he have been privy to this info?

UPDATE on Laundrie home w police inside for over 2 hours

Police say Brian is NOT in the home and is NOT in police custody

Lawyer invited police because they “want to talk about Brian”

There is NOT a search warrant on home or car they looked in briefly

#FindGabby #GabbyPetito

https://twitter.com/evanaxelbank/status/1439025861584375816?s=21
I'm sure police would much rather have them go to the station, then they could record the interviews properly.

I'm thinking she was using a VPN as others theorized earlier. I guess it's common in van-life, but idk why.

When you're traveling you utilize a lot of public WIFI and that comes with its own security risks. I wouldn't be surprised if BL was familiar with them. Puerto Rico seems like a weird place but if they were using a free one they would likely only be able to use lower quality servers in other countries. MOO

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?
Agreed. I have never been on that site and don’t know how it works. Anyone else?

I'm running behind -- I've only been offline for about 3 hours, and Whoosh! A new Petito thread! Please forgive if this has already been posted:
-------------------------
'If You Have Any Decency Left': Gabby Petito's Family Pleads with Fiancé's Parents to Help Find Her

"We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby," the letter reads. "We beg you to tell us."
By Chris Harris
September 17, 2021 11:20 AM
In a letter addressed to Brian Laundrie's parents, and read aloud Thursday in front of the news media, the parents of Gabrielle Petito begged for help in finding the missing 22-year-old, who hasn't been heard from in nearly a month.

"We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby," the letter reads. "We beg you to tell us. As a parent, how could you let us go through this pain and not help us? As a parent, how could you put Gabby's younger brothers and sisters through this."

Lawyer Richard Stafford read the letter for reporters on behalf of his clients, Petito's parents, Joe Petito and Nichole Schmidt, and her stepparents, Tara Petito and Jim Schmidt.
--------------------------

More here:
'If You Have Any Decency Left': Gabby Petito's Family Pleads with Fiancé's Parents to Help Find Her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member