Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE have the right to take their phones and computers from their home due to POI leaving apparently unannounced from the Parents? IMO.. BL out of country.

So they thought all along that he was in the home. That’s what North Port police were told. That means the family knew exactly when he took off (reports say Tuesday but the PD won’t confirm yet).

Josh Taylor of the PD is talking with the WFLA anchor and he’s super testy. They are frustrated that they’ve been lied to. He said if they find him drop him back parents’ house. I assume that means unless they have a warrant by then.

This so reminds me of the Casey Anthony case where we sat and watched weekend night developments back in 2008. Not the same circumstances though.

Was LE really this fooled? How long has BL been gone? I had been busy catching up and had no idea all of this was going on.

Just to put things into a bit of perspective here….

BL’s parents KNOW and KNEW the entire country was desperately searching for Gabby since Sept. 11. They implied to LE that BL was at their home but “not available”. Their own son has been “missing” for 3 days…knowing that he has information about Gabby…but they wait until today to call LE.

They absolutely abetted. They absolutely lied and bought time for him to run.

so angry.

Maybe the extent of the trouble he was in didn't sink in until he got to FLA., & he realized whatever story he cooked up wasn't gonna fly.

He should have taken a Greyhound.

Returning to Florida in Gabby's van without Gabby wasn't ever going to fly well. But it sounds like the final text was clearly from Brian (on the 30th), because that's not how a girl would text her mom if she was about to lose service. She would indicate something more. It's too flat. Too dead. Too curt. My heart breaks for this family.

NPPD Guy is not doing himself many favors. Sure without a warrant you can't tap their phones or GPS tag their cars, but LE could have stuck a car in front of the house to watch him. They could have insisted on a welfare check to see if he's alive. They could have arrested him for obstruction if they were feeling bold. But to pretend like there was nothing at all they could have done when he was apparently sitting in his parents house for weeks?

As police stated, a poi is free to do and go where they want, they are not officially a suspect in a crime.

Family told police BL was at the home, police had no right to enter the home to check..

The audio for this call from Josh Taylor is REALLY bad, but he's saying that since Brian wasn't charged with a crime, they didn't track him -- he's being defensive and saying "this is not a black eye on the North Port Police."

Which I don't understand because he was explicitly named a PERSON OF INTEREST in the disappearance of a young woman. Why would you not have at least ONE set of eyes on him?
Person of interest has no legal meaning. Its just a phrase LE uses. I would think following him everywhere he goes without a warrant would be harrasment and seriously jeopardize any case they may build..

Oh my. She is describing bipolar or schizophrenia. And another thing, there is a TikTok video which points out that the most recent IG pic posted on GBs account shows completely blonde hair, but she had roots showing in other pics on the trip so it seems to be an earlier pic. And the pic of her in this article shows that she is in fact a natural brunette.
Careful not to get carried away with the friend talking about BL having mental illness. They are young and on SM. Self diagnoses is popular on SM and many young people claim it on SM.
I am not downplaying mental illness just stating they were not on medication and as far as we know they were not seeing doctors for it so until then it is just Gabby's friends opinion not fact.

I certainly think it is a possibility.

Do we really know Brian and Gabby's relationships with their families? I don't think so.

Gabby's family didn't even try contacting Brian or his family until nearly two weeks after they hadn't heard from her. That seems off to me.
We have information from law enforcement that Gabby is a victim. We have information from law enforcement that Brian is missing. He is a POI on the run.

Gabby is a victim and this is a victim friendly site.

They thought he was at the house with his parents. That is what LE was led to believe, and they didn't have a way to contest it without a warrant. I mean, they were'nt flying heat-sensitive drones over the house to count bodies. The FBI is handling the investigation for Gabby. There was probably a disconnect. I don't think LE did anything wrong here: I think they were tricked. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle