Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie, fiancé and person of interest in disappearance of Gabby Petito, is missing, Florida official says (nbcnews.com)
[...]

A spokesman for the city of North Port, Florida, where Brian Laundrie lives with his parents told NBC affiliate WFLA of Tampa that the family's attorney had contacted city officials Friday evening, saying they were concerned about his whereabouts.

Laundrie's family requested to speak to police at the North Port, Florida, home they share with their son, who had been traveling cross-country with his fiancee before she was reported missing earlier this month, police said earlier.

North Port spokesman Josh Taylor would not say when family or authorities were last certain of his Laundrie's whereabouts.

[...]

Taylor confirmed Friday that police interviewed a woman who said on a video posted to TikTok recently that on Aug. 29, she and her boyfriend picked up a hitchhiker whom she later realized was Laundrie.

In the video, the woman says that he offered $200 for a ride away from Grand Teton National Park but later got out of the car abruptly. ...

[...]

Cassie Laundrie told ABC that the body camera footage was "typical of both of them."

"Whenever they fight, they would take a little break and come back and be fine because that's what you do in a couple," she said.

[...]

:eek:

I wrote a very heartfelt post that got chewed up in the time warp when the thread was closed, and I can’t rewrite it all, so I’ll just say I feel so sad.

Gabby’s the victim and Brian is a fugitive. But I don’t want him to kill himself or anything of the sort. Gabby needs to be found, dead or surprisingly alive. And if something happens to Brian, it’s just tragedy upon tragedy and of course removes the only known lead to Gabby’s whereabouts.

Obstruction of what?

Obstruction of justice, if they find out his parents helped him elude the police in a case where he is the only POI. It’s against the law to assist a suspect in getting away or hiding from LE. It appears that after seeing him for rhe last time on Tuesday, he left and his parents waited for three days before calling the police. Looks pretty suspicious-if LE can prove via cell phones or other electronic media that they waited until Brian was out of their (LE’s) hands, they’ll be arrested

Police confirm Brian Laundrie missing since Tuesday; FBI continues search for Gabby Petito

The FBI and North Port Police were at the Laundrie family home Friday night, removing property that may help to locate him. North Port police maintain they thought Brian was at the home at the time they went in, however, his family said he left days before.

They thought? Sounds like Brian’s parents told the agents that he was in the house. Which is absurd - if the police actually did go inside - the house is modest-sized, not a palace. He wasn’t off in the East wing. So, did his parents LIE to the police? Were the FBI there too? Did BL’s parents also lie to Federal agents about the whereabouts of a POI in a multi-state investigation?

His lawyer is in NY and he may have family there considering he went to high school there and that’s where he met gabby

it’s in the media thread
His attorney is a NY attorney? He went to HS in NY? I have to look at this. I was not aware of this. But, going to NY seems nuts when her family has him in a very public profile.

I cannot see this guy making it on his own anywhere, even with financial help. Maybe for a very short time, but not to start a new life. I would guess he is too needy and dependant. My opinion.

I also think the parents only called because of the planned protest. They probably think they can just continue on in the neighborhood, like nothing happened. My opinion.

Amazed no one in the media talked to any of Laundries friends from his past.. We don't have a very good character profile of him outside of an instagram that seemingly started while they dating, a pintrest maybe some other social media i have forgotten. What all facts can we round up for sure regarding the character of BL?

The friend of Gabby's who said she was supposed to hear from her on the 29th and did not stated that BL had no friends, just kept to himself, hiking, painting and stuck around Gabby.
I don't find that super weird, but I find it weird that he's apparently never had a real job, never went to school beyond HS, seems aimless, seemingly has no goals in life other than to criticize the existence of other people while being in a national park (where lots of people go, including him)... the most weird thing so far is that he lived with his girlfriend in his parents' house. So he's a bit of a "deadbeat" and yet Gabby wanted to marry him. This is all from news stories. We do know a lot about his character from news stories, but not the details of his background. I really want to know more about the voices he was hearing, and why he seemingly had no career or job prospects at his age. And now he's probably run off to Mexico (just a guess) or some place. I hope LE is checking the family's bank accounts info because BL probably had no actual money of his own. Somebody funded his "getaway".

New from North Port Police: We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too. For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s Fiancé Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time…
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439069220294246405?s=21

They have spoken with investigators in detail. It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working a multiple missing person investigations.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439069299751194627?s=21

thttps://twitter.com/northportpolice/status/1439067990545272833?s=21

Know anything? Please call 1-800-CALL-FBI

View attachment 313041 View attachment 313042
That sounds very lame to me. If they were not working on a crime investigation, IMO, they should have been.

The parents misled the police. All week the police requested to speak to BL and they and the attorney ran interference stating he wasn’t available to speak, when in reality if they didn’t know where he was the smarter and easier answer would’ve been simply he’s not here.

ETA If he was missing from Tuesday, why didn't the parents report that?

IMO, they depended on Mr, Clever Attorney to tell them what to do.

If they were not complicit, how could they continue to protect their son by not cooperating with police, but at the same time cooperate by telling police he'd disappeared. Very karmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998