SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took some patience to read thru that lovefest for Keel to get to the point of the article. I really don’t think we would have gotten to the bottom of the Walter Scott killing had it been left to SLED without that video.

But who can't love 'Even Keel'?
I suspect that FITSnews is thrilled that they've had lots of the scoops, and now they continue to grease that relationship with SLED. (Can't blame them and they've done a great job.)

Wait - what?!?

I thought he was doing his own homeowners insurance policy because the trip and fall accident happened in his home. That’s how they got $500,000, from the Alex Murdaugh homeowner policy.

But this is saying he took out LIFE INSURANCE on his housekeeper?!?! A $4 million life insurance policy on his housekeeper?!?

if that’s true, then her death is absolutely suspicious!!!
Wonder if that was an accidental death life insurance policy?

• Can you copy and paste, or summarize for those of us without access? I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. Thanks.

Over the last two weeks, the latest chapter in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga has unfolded in real time on the pages of this news outlet and countless other publications across the country (and around the globe). To say the story has captivated readers is an understatement: Interest in its riveting twists and turn has been nothing short of all-consuming.Something very few people are paying attention to …I am referring to recent statements made by Mark Keel, chief of the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED). As regular readers of this news outlet are aware, SLED is the police agency heading up six – that’s right, six – separate criminal investigations involving Alex Murdaugh, his influential family and the powerful law firm that family established in the South Carolina Lowcountry.Some media outlets have complained SLED is not providing them with enough information on these investigations. And that may be true. But perhaps – just perhaps – if these outlets weren’t so busy publishing advertorials for the Murdaugh defense team, they might be able to read between the lines.Because Keel is saying something … even if no one in the mainstream media is listening So … what is Keel saying about the ‘Murdaugh Murders?’ Not much. In fact as I noted in a post earlier this summer, his agency is doing its level best to keep its investigative work under wraps. Especially in light of its recent metastasis. This week, SLED issued a pair of brief, written statements from Keel as the agency announced two major developments in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ saga. The first development? The opening of a criminal investigation into allegations of financial misappropriation at Alex Murdaugh’s former law firm, Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED). “As with all cases, SLED is committed to conducting a professional, thorough, and impartial criminal investigation, no matter where the facts lead us,” Keel said in a press release announcing this inquiry on Monday. Keel’s “no matter where the facts lead us” reference struck me as pretty fortitudinous. After all, multiple law enforcement, prosecutorial and court sources have informed me this inquiry is likely to break the seal on a much larger public corruption scandal – one which could soon spread far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth judicial circuit, a five-county region of the Palmetto Lowcountry where the Murdaughs (and PMPED) have operated with impunity for decades. This public corruption inquiry would represent another escalation of this saga – which, again, already features six active criminal inquiries. “Keel’s promise was a bold one considering where some of these probes could potentially lead – and considering some of the powerful people who could conceivably be implicated during the course of these investigations,” I noted earlier this week. Still, sources familiar with the various cases assured me Keel meant exactly what he said. “No stone will be left unturned,” one of these sources told me bluntly. Just yesterday, Keel issued a written statement in connection with the arrest of Murdaugh and his co-conspirator in the roadside shooting, 61-year-old drug dealer Curtis Edward “Eddie” Smith. In that statement, the veteran lawman not only doubled down on his previous remark – he appeared to cast an even wider net. “I can assure you that SLED agents will continue working to bring justice to anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations,” Keel said. “The arrests in this case are only the first step in that process.” That’s right … “anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations.” Again, that is an incredibly bold statement. Especially in light of where these inquiries appear to be headed …Make no mistake: Keel and SLED must stand and deliver. And so must the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson, which will prosecute the criminal charges filed in connection with these six (so far) investigations. That is a huge weight … a huge responsibility. And clearly, there are huge expectations. Still, these statements by Keel send a reassuring message to those following the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ saga that South Carolina’s top law enforcement agency is committed to untangling this convoluted web of murder and corruption … and holding those responsible for weaving it accountable for their actions.

Snipped by me to stay within WS rules.

Fleming then allegedly chose a mutual friend of his and Murdaugh's, Chad Westendorf, to represent Satterfield's estate in the prosecution instead of one of Satterfield's family members.
This made Westendorf the only person required 'to petition the court for approval of any future settlements and/or appear at any future hearings to approve settlements.'

BBM
Wouldn't him being a VP of the bank bring in the FBI, DOJ and Department of Treasury plus the Bureau of Consumer Protection Affairs which oversees all banking activities? Maybe someone who works in a bank can answer this better than I can. In addition does representing an estate mean a trust fund for minors was set up for the boys at the bank for insurance monies to be paid into? And since he was an employee of the bank is the bank liable to pay all that money back?

JMO

JMO
Chad is currently the President
Fleming then allegedly chose a mutual friend of his and Murdaugh's, Chad Westendorf, to represent Satterfield's estate in the prosecution instead of one of Satterfield's family members.
This made Westendorf the only person required 'to petition the court for approval of any future settlements and/or appear at any future hearings to approve settlements.'

BBM
Wouldn't him being a VP of the bank bring in the FBI, DOJ and Department of Treasury plus the Bureau of Consumer Protection Affairs which oversees all banking activities? Maybe someone who works in a bank can answer this better than I can. In addition does representing an estate mean a trust fund for minors was set up for the boys at the bank for insurance monies to be paid into? And since he was an employee of the bank is the bank liable to pay all that money back?

JMO

JMO

Chad is currently the President of the board of directors for Independent Banks of South Carolina
Board of Directors

• Over the last two weeks, the latest chapter in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga has unfolded in real time on the pages of this news outlet and countless other publications across the country (and around the globe). To say the story has captivated readers is an understatement: Interest in its riveting twists and turn has been nothing short of all-consuming.Something very few people are paying attention to …I am referring to recent statements made by Mark Keel, chief of the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED). As regular readers of this news outlet are aware, SLED is the police agency heading up six – that’s right, six – separate criminal investigations involving Alex Murdaugh, his influential family and the powerful law firm that family established in the South Carolina Lowcountry.Some media outlets have complained SLED is not providing them with enough information on these investigations. And that may be true. But perhaps – just perhaps – if these outlets weren’t so busy publishing advertorials for the Murdaugh defense team, they might be able to read between the lines.Because Keel is saying something … even if no one in the mainstream media is listening So … what is Keel saying about the ‘Murdaugh Murders?’ Not much. In fact as I noted in a post earlier this summer, his agency is doing its level best to keep its investigative work under wraps. Especially in light of its recent metastasis. This week, SLED issued a pair of brief, written statements from Keel as the agency announced two major developments in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ saga. The first development? The opening of a criminal investigation into allegations of financial misappropriation at Alex Murdaugh’s former law firm, Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED). “As with all cases, SLED is committed to conducting a professional, thorough, and impartial criminal investigation, no matter where the facts lead us,” Keel said in a press release announcing this inquiry on Monday. Keel’s “no matter where the facts lead us” reference struck me as pretty fortitudinous. After all, multiple law enforcement, prosecutorial and court sources have informed me this inquiry is likely to break the seal on a much larger public corruption scandal – one which could soon spread far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth judicial circuit, a five-county region of the Palmetto Lowcountry where the Murdaughs (and PMPED) have operated with impunity for decades. This public corruption inquiry would represent another escalation of this saga – which, again, already features six active criminal inquiries. “Keel’s promise was a bold one considering where some of these probes could potentially lead – and considering some of the powerful people who could conceivably be implicated during the course of these investigations,” I noted earlier this week. Still, sources familiar with the various cases assured me Keel meant exactly what he said. “No stone will be left unturned,” one of these sources told me bluntly. Just yesterday, Keel issued a written statement in connection with the arrest of Murdaugh and his co-conspirator in the roadside shooting, 61-year-old drug dealer Curtis Edward “Eddie” Smith. In that statement, the veteran lawman not only doubled down on his previous remark – he appeared to cast an even wider net. “I can assure you that SLED agents will continue working to bring justice to anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations,” Keel said. “The arrests in this case are only the first step in that process.” That’s right … “anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations.” Again, that is an incredibly bold statement. Especially in light of where these inquiries appear to be headed …Make no mistake: Keel and SLED must stand and deliver. And so must the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson, which will prosecute the criminal charges filed in connection with these six (so far) investigations. That is a huge weight … a huge responsibility. And clearly, there are huge expectations. Still, these statements by Keel send a reassuring message to those following the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ saga that South Carolina’s top law enforcement agency is committed to untangling this convoluted web of murder and corruption … and holding those responsible for weaving it accountable for their actions.

Snipped by me to stay within WS rules.
Thank you for the rundown. We may not be able to find much of anyone very honest at all if they were in cahoots with AM. The list is growing bigger by the day. With all the supposed drugs and money scandals I’d be highly surprised if MM hadn’t know for some time about some things. And had to get her ducks in some sort of order before going forward with investigations and whatever else she looked into. MOO

The Satterfield family attorney mentions that there are supposed to be be judicial/court safeguards to keep things on the straight and narrow. I'd like to know what happened in terms of court oversight. JMO.

Yes. The arrestee, the attorney representing the estate, the deceased's employer, the representative for the estate who just happens to be a bank VP, the judge who approved the settlement, the coroner/medical examiner - who else needs to be paid off?

Thank you for the rundown. We may not be able to find much of anyone very honest at all if they were in cahoots with AM. The list is growing bigger by the day. With all the supposed drugs and money scandals I’d be highly surprised if MM hadn’t know for some time about some things. And had to get her ducks in some sort of order before going forward with investigations and whatever else she looked into. MOO
This does show a different level of concern about the murders of PM and MM.

Did she get too close to information on important people, even people other than AM?

This does show a different level of concern about the murders of PM and MM.

Did she get too close to information on important people, even people other than AM?

This has been where my head has been going recently. When AM attorney stated there was no life insurance on MM/PM, that kindof eliminated that motive (assuming that is factual)

Now, you could still have the issue of bringing down AM but I'm going to guess that there is more people involved in this than just AM

Yes. The arrestee, the attorney representing the estate, the deceased's employer, the representative for the estate who just happens to be a bank VP, the judge who approved the settlement, the coroner/medical examiner - who else needs to be paid off?

The staff at the hospital. By law, a natural death doesn't need to be reported to the coroner for an investigation. So if the hospital put it as a natural death, and the coroner wasn't involved in making that determination and putting it on the paper, it would be the doctors that took care of her. They would have been required to report the accident. So it's probably an either or with the coroner and the doctor.

ETA: Or a doctor who said that he took care of her. I believe you have to have two, but I can't remember off the top of my head. MOO

Last edited:
This video says, at 00:35 that the cause of death on Gloria's death certificate is listed as "natural causes."

Attorney for family of former Murdaugh housekeeper discusses lawsuit after SLED opens criminal investigation

Thanks Elley Mae!
Yes and that's one of the reasons the Hampton County Coroner had requested an investigation. Another is the lack of notification and autopsy. That cause of death as natural is so no more questions would be required. It's all part of a cover-up of who really was the guilty party. I don't think it was the dogs...JMHO

@islandpacket
We asked attorney Dick Harpootlian about the injury when it wasn’t obvious in Alex Murdaugh’s court appearance. Not even a Band-Aid.

Harpootlian repeated what he said in court the previous day, again pointing to the back of his head and reiterating there was an entrance and exit wound.

Our @WJCLNews crew was there yesterday as Murdaugh made his court appearance. Here you can see his attorney @Harpootlian4SC answering reporter questions.

Reporter: "Did Maggie and Paul Murdaugh have life insurance policies?"
Harpootlian: "No. Had no insurance."

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254311658.html#storylink=cpy
https://twitter.com/RileyWJCL/status/1438926944595320835?s=20

Reporter: "Did Maggie and Paul Murdaugh have life insurance policies?"
Harpootlian: "No. Had no insurance."

I think that's an outright falsehood. AJMO

Moselle is a hunting lodge. The kennels are full of hunting dogs. Would those hunting dogs be allowed in the grand Murdaugh home? Did the family have other dogs in the house? Which dogs did Gloria Satterfield allegedly "trip" over and where - the house ... or the kennels?

This case is a near blackout of any hard facts - one massive red flag.

With the mysterious, near-total silence and wholesale skirting of official procedural norms surrounding Gloria Satterfield's death - and now the discovery her family was never paid the settlement - I'm guessing that her traumatic brain injury occurred BEFORE her "trip and fall".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong