Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm thinking of too. If he left on Tuesday he could already be back in Wyoming. Either he went back to get rid of any evidence, or maybe he left her injured or she did "disappear" and hes gone back to look for her (my hopeful wish of her being alive still). But his behavior leads me to believe she is long dead. I wish he'd just give it up and tell everyone what they need to know. The parents too. I can't believe they're covering for him.
I was thinking the same at first but I wonder how he’d make it that far without being detected. Surely someone would see him and recognize him.

If that is the case, I can't imagine they would contact LE and waste resources trying to find him under the impression "he could be anywhere." HIPAA would protect him from the public knowing he was there but I don't think he would have been reported missing. MOO

HIPAA is tricky on this one- HCPs can release info to law enforcement, but law enforcement would have to request it first. The hospital couldn't volunteer it. This means LE would need to send correspondence to every possible hospital he could be at unless an employee sent LE an anonymous tip.

Responding to:
….Josh Taylor saying ““We have never spoken a word to brian” makes me really wonder HOW THEY KNOW HES EVER BEEN HERE? Just the word of the parents and lawyer? I’m so confused. Is BRIAN being home in FL with the van on Sep 1 confirmed, or not? Can anyone answer?​

Trying to backtrack. Please help me out establishing whether police firmly KNEW he was here or just heard that from his parents/lawyers?

3 Days Ago: Gabby Petito disappearance: Van found at boyfriend's North Port family home
  • “According to police in North Port, the van was found at the home of Gabrielle's boyfriend's parents. In a statement, North Port PD said, "We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers. North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said they are not ruling anything out, including that Gabrielle may not want to be found.”
3 Days Ago, also: Gabby Petito disappearance: Boyfriend 'refusing to tell Gabby's family where he last saw her'
  • “North Port police joined the investigation, assisting agencies across multiple states to find out what happened to her now that her boyfriend and the van were located Saturday at his North Port family home.”
Sep 16: A Young Woman Vanished On A Cross-Country Trip. Her Boyfriend Is A Person Of Interest
  • “The boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, returned to their Florida home in her 2012 white Ford Transit van on Sept. 1 — 10 days before Petito's family reported her missing — according to police in the Gulf Coast town of North Port.”
Can anyone find the actual clip of law enforcement saying that? Imagine if they literally missed looking into the veracity of that, because it “wasn’t a crime” yet….

A question.

When is the last documented sighting of BL?

Not the statements of his family or lawyers. Where is the last place he was absolutely known to be seen?

A comment.

BL looks to me like a million guys of his age. If I saw him on the street I wouldn't recognize him because I see men of his age that look like him all the time. He doesn't have any distinguishing features as far as I can tell, and if he were wearing a mask because covid, well, unlikely to recognize goes to impossible to recognize.

For these reasons, I think he could hide in plain sight for a long time.
He's very young yet bald. That's fairly distinctive IMO.

I lived in Colombia earlier this year. It's super easy to come and go with an American passport. They dropped COVID testing requirements earlier this year. Security there is also super easy- if you saran wrap your bag before checking it, they won't open it. A lot of Colombians saran wrap their bags because security is known to "lose" things of value from bags. There are no health checks, no tracing, nothing...once you're in, it's pretty easy to move around. Also, flights out of MIA are under $200. There are so many places where it's easy to come and go with just a vaccine card and a passport.

Im not sure where they are legally with him….is running like this enough to charge him? I’m not a lawyer. However…..If they can flag his passport in the system….he’s not going to get far(beyond the US). Unless he reverses a Cuban and floats the 90 or so miles there.

Just wanted to bring this over.from previous thread to address NPPD, which dealt with a very important, high pressure case a little over a decade ago.

In 2008 there was an awful crime in North Port - a young mother was kidnapped from her home while her two little boys were inside -- her father was a detective with a local Sheriff's department.
Very quickly the area was flooded with helicopters and LE from multiple agencies.
She called 911 from the back seat of her abductor's car and a witness called 911 too, as she was driving she heard screaming from another car and thought it might've been a child in distress. At the time she was unaware of the kidnapping ,but the next day when she heard about it she called North Port PD to follow up- they hadn't received her 911 call /tip. It was mishandled in the 911 dispatch center. two days after the abduction she was found murdered.

Granted she was missing for two days from abduction to being found and everything that happened was very local as opposed to Gabby's case but this was a huge case for NPPD. It was incredibly personal and emotional as she was a fellow law enforcement's child.

I remember this case. Gut wrenching, to say the least.

I believe people are just referring to her location on the AllTrails app, I think it was. But we can’t confirm that it’s accurate. Some people have checked and for some it’s accurate for others it’s not. I don’t think it tracks your location live unless you’re currently on a trail with it on.

The location is set based on either where the app thinks you are, where you're actually are (if you're lucky), or where you manually set it to. It will only track if you choose to record a trail manually. It looks like they were just downloading maps, which can be used even without cell signal as long as GPS reception is available.

Edit for clarification: it sets the location once when you create the account, it does NOT change in real time.

Josh Taylor said on CNN that Brian left the house Tuesday with a backpack on and that his parents thought he was going on a local hike. :rolleyes:
The only place I can envision if this “hike” is remotely true is Myakkahatchee Creek Enviornmental Park, which is the only “local” spot (10 min drive) that I can think of. It’s not crazy hiking terrain, just some trails. MOO

That’s a very good point. Possible? Yes. Probably not likely. I imagine he’d need assistance/some one aiding him……or just be very very good at sneaking and strategically moving around a suburban neighborhood(possible depending on what he did as a teenager). Still…..I lean toward a bs story and someone aided him if that’s even close to the truth.

the press coverage at the residence was not super intense earlier in the week. They were there during the day but not at night. The silver mustang appeared in the driveway on Wednesday night (per live coverage reporting..I’ve referenced it several times) and has not moved since and no one saw it/reported it.

No one was paying any attention to who came and went overnight until at least Thursday.

he had ample time and opportunity to run. Thanks mom and dad.

HIPAA is tricky on this one- HCPs can release info to law enforcement, but law enforcement would have to request it first. The hospital couldn't volunteer it. This means LE would need to send correspondence to every possible hospital he could be at unless an employee sent LE an anonymous tip.
Yes, that's correct. LE wouldn't publicly share that information, though. But they also wouldn't say that he is missing and could literally be anywhere.

Anyone read the book Lullaby that she had posted on Insta? Its about a guy turning into a serial killer and going on a hippie-esque road trip.... Hmmm... Are there such things as coincidences? Add in the songs that were added after she was last seen.... Def odd

I simply have a hard time believing LE could have botched surveillance of BL that badly.

Speculation, but maybe Laundrie's parents think they bought him x amount of days to go and hide, and LE is simply pretending to fall for the whole ruse when they really are two steps ahead and do know exactly where he is. Being as this case is more viral and nuclear by the day, Brian would have to know the chance he could move again and not be recognized would be terribly poor. By LE pretending they have no idea where he is, Brian could fully believe he has evaded them and feel reluctant to move from where it is he is hiding. If the authorities are close to a break in the case, this could be a great chess move. BL would likely be sitting still thinking he outsmarted everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak