SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter: "Did Maggie and Paul Murdaugh have life insurance policies?"
Harpootlian: "No. Had no insurance."

I think that's an outright falsehood. AJMO

I find it difficult to believe as well, but maybe it was the phrasing that confused him. I wonder if the question had been "Did Alex have life insurance policies covering Maggie and/or Paul?" might the answer have been different?

Harpootlian rod people that AM was shot in the back of the head to explain why his booking photo shows no injuries..

. [Post interrupted by a loud, rude noise]

Liar, liar, three-piece suit on fire! A GSW to the back of the head will cause swelling and possibly even bruising on the face. True even of a grazing injury.

I find it difficult to believe as well, but maybe it was the phrasing that confused him. I wonder if the question had been "Did Alex have life insurance policies covering Maggie and/or Paul?" might the answer have been different?

After the boat crash, and what I've heard about other things that there are no records for, I wouldn't have made money off of it, but I def would have insured Paul for enough to cover his funeral expenses.

Nobody knows for sure, but it's believed that the amount is in the millions.

Some people's price is lower. Esp if they are desperate for some reason. Then they have committed a crime, and they can hold that over you. Some people's prices are higher. Some people do things multiple times and get multiple rounds of cash when corruption is deep. Not saying any of that happened. Just saying, Dick, that's a lot of oxy....

CA did a fantastic job at persisting with all the difficult questions. I hate when lawyers/doctors/ self-important people interrupt others—it’s rude, arrogant and condescending. Interesting that DICK said, “I’m an attorney, I don’t have to admit to anything.” Also interesting to watch his eye movements—he was solid in looking at the camera UNTIL he was asked about the “suspect” he and Griffin are looking into. His eyes started darting all over the place and he never maintained eye contact with CA after that. Very telling to me. JMO
to be honest is any sure that he wasnt involed in the fact

I think it’s possible that trust in the Murdaughs could have taken care of some of these issues, rather than pay outs. (Oh you need not bother yourself with coming out for this, coroner.)

I am feeling very underinsured while following this case :eek:, but I suspect that many people only have the life insurance they get with their job. It doesn’t shock me that people with no income (MM and PM) would have no life insurance. I think of life insurance as protecting against loss of income. Moo

@islandpacket
We asked attorney Dick Harpootlian about the injury when it wasn’t obvious in Alex Murdaugh’s court appearance. Not even a Band-Aid.

Harpootlian repeated what he said in court the previous day, again pointing to the back of his head and reiterating there was an entrance and exit wound.

Our @WJCLNews crew was there yesterday as Murdaugh made his court appearance. Here you can see his attorney @Harpootlian4SC answering reporter questions.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254311658.html#storylink=cpy
https://twitter.com/RileyWJCL/status/1438926944595320835?s=20

BBM

It's a common tell that a lyin' liar is lyin' when he leaves off the subject of a sentence.
My trust in "the Poot" telling the truth is slim to none.

Last edited:
My hope is that all of these embezzlement cases get worked out quickly so SLED can focus on truly what is most important…figuring out who is responsible for the murders of MM & PM. It’s been over 3 months now since they were killed and I feel like all of these u turns are taking time away from the primary case. Maybe if they follow the money they find the killer/killers so I’m hopeful they are on the right path, but also wondering if these cases are a distraction. Maggie just had a birthday the other day. It’s sad to read what her friends said about her and what a good person she was. Hoping for speedy resolution for all the friends/family that are suffering from their deaths.

How much they knew about Alex taking pills? I doubt they cared enough to even remember it. Most wealthy people are on pills. How much they knew about the racketeering? I'm sure Alex's father is the one who taught him how to do it and Alex was in the process of teaching his sons. How much they knew that Alex's finances were becoming stretched tight enough that he was getting desperate? Probably not at all. That's the last thing in the world someone like Alex would want anyone to know.

To people like Alex Murdaugh, being a murdering thief is better than being poor. He would literally rather be dead.
It's not just the wealthy.
There are 329 million people in the US, 258 million adults.

According to the CDC: FastStats

Physician office visits:
Number of drugs provided or prescribed: 860.4 million

Hospital emergency department visits:
Number of drugs given or prescribed: 336 million

I think that's an outright falsehood. AJMO
I hear you. I don’t know what to believe. I would think, over time though, if he were lying, the details would come out about whether or not MM and PM had life insurance. I don’t see the point in having life insurance on PM. He’s not an established adult, professional or bread winner. They’d have the cash to provide a funeral for him upon death. Same with MM I would think. AM would need to be the one with the life insurance, which we now know he has ($10M).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member