KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

Due to the decomposition of the body, toxicology was taken from liver tissue, Hammond said. That led to a reading of enough drugs to kill a horse.

While the liver proves there were drugs in Doe’s system at the time of his death, the levels have to be disregarded, Hammond said.

Because the bones weren’t completely dried out, Hammond said the M.E.’s office extracted DNA from them and uploaded the data into the CODIS system, which houses DNA taken from arrestees and convicts nationally from participating jurisdictions. The DNA did not receive any matches, according to Hammond.

On the investigative front, KSP produced a three-paragraph press release within days following the discovery, listing the victim as 5-foot-8 in height, between 140-160 pounds and between 22 and 35 years of age.

Boarman said, at first, a couple leads were generated with members of the public coming forward reporting the Doe could possibly be a loved one. However, prior to a DNA test being conducted, the missing family member would be found in a hospital or a jail, Boarman said.

Due to the Doe’s proximity to the interstate, Boarman said “they literally could have come from anywhere.” Evidence collected at the scene supports two scenarios — Doe was killed at the burial site or he was killed off-site and disposed of later.

“We are hoping someone will come forward with some credible information,” Boarman said. “We had many leads in the beginning of this case, but they all turned out to be nothing. For the past several months, we haven’t had any leads.”
Kentucky John Doe found half buried under a fire pit: National DNA researchers seek his identity

Oh wait! Hold the phone again...he’s way too all over the place, or maybe I am. lol... what do we wanna do with his stats? I think I confused him with Letcher a minute ago... or Chris with Letcher :confused:

How is a congenitally (is that a word?) missing kidney NOT listed anywhere? That is something I could see potentially being listed on a MP report. Over, say...a missing front tooth!

And this abandoned farmhouse belonged to an out of state resident?! o_O Did you post the article about him being Oriental/Indian/Hispanic? I added the others to the Doc. I guess I’m just really confused about Letcher and Keysberg. I’m going to have to pause and read those two again lol :oops:
I have found many john and Jane does with 1 kidney. And only a few missing persons cases with a missing kidney or only one kidney in their description. 1 individual who I know to only have 1 kidney, they're missing persons report just says that they need medical attention! I wonder if this is something that law enforcement keeps hidden to to try to find out who might have murdered them or who might have more info on them? I don't know I wish this was something that was tracked in missing person's cases more…

I have found many john and Jane does with 1 kidney. And only a few missing persons cases with a missing kidney or only one kidney in their description. 1 individual who I know to only have 1 kidney, they're missing persons report just says that they need medical attention! I wonder if this is something that law enforcement keeps hidden to to try to find out who might have murdered them or who might have more info on them? I don't know I wish this was something that was tracked in missing person's cases more…
That’s very possible! I agree, reports have come along way but that doesn’t help much. Especially in older cases.

Othram has announced in their public FB page that they are working this case
Wait did this doe also only have 1 kidney? Am I lost here?

Is there a forum for Does' with specific body differences? There's also some missing people with 3 kidneys!! And some with a limb shorter/longer than the other. Or 3 piercings on each ear, kinda thing? I know there's ones for tattoos but even that hasn't been updated too frequently.

UP85793 found 21 October 21 and added to Namus on the 28.
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/85793
Date Body Found October 22, 2021
Location Found Henderson County, Kentucky
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land Unknown
Circumstances of Recovery: Skeletal remains found on bank of Ohio River covered in mud
Details of Recovery
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Forensic anthropology consult pending

On UP89753 posted above. Two MPs from Henderson county have Namus indicating they jumped from the Twin Bridges over the Ohio River:

Eric Edgerson MP37033 jumped off the "North Bound Twin Bridge" in 2016
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/37033?nav

Keith Hart MP 32534 jumped on Christmas Day 2015
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/32534?nav

Less likely I think to be Heather Teague MP52 whose Charley Project record is more detailed than Namus and says she was kidnapped while sunbathing on the Ohio River banks in Spottsville in 1995. She had scoliosis so could, I'm guessing be an easy rule-in or rule-out against this UID.
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/52?nav

Thank you @fred&edna !! I mean it! :)

It’s good to have a local, even a second hand local, how else would I have possibly known that Lake Barkley had a bridge?!? That may have come from a non-local, non-lazy, knower-of-Google-searches person, but still! The more the merrier! IMO

And I love those willing to chase a unique theory!! Since you brought it up, :D:p, can you think of any possible way a man could disappear while piloting a jet from Vermont to Georgia, but end up dead on a Kentucky lakeshore 10+ years later?!

I’ve read all I could read, without really going down a rabbit hole, and I can’t explain the theory but I can’t find a reason to discredit it! :confused:

VT 1971 George Gregor Nikita

Here are the newspaper articles I’ve found so far, but I know nothing about piloting a plane and weather patterns, lake depth, etc. There’s just something about this guy and his disappearance!

ETA: clarification; I wasn’t calling you a second hand local!! :oops::D
New to WS but a Kentucky local. Still navigating this site but willing to help if I can

I'm at the other side of the state from Mayfield, but certainly concerned about the victims. The fellow who was best man at my wedding was from Mayfield, and as far as I know, his parents still live there (they were a couple of miles south of town, so probably not hit). I doubt that that town will ever recover; too many small businesses won't be able to overcome the shock, and there will of course be an exodus of people away from the area, as their homes are destroyed, there is no water service, no electric power, etc. Such a tragedy....

Hmmm...no one stands out as a possible match. There are a few sets of skeletal remains found after his disappearance, but not many descriptors for them.

Interesting case though. Seems like there’s a good chance he could be in Kentucky.

Hello Mad, I was wondering if you think it would be worth it to compile a list of missing persons who have been theorized to have possibly ended up in Kentucky (maybe just a simple list added as an additional tab) for use as time goes by to compare to when new UIDs come to light. The list could be just date last seen, identifying info (age, sex, race, height, etc.), and a link to the missing persons case. What do you think? I may just be overzealous due to my love of spreadsheets and cross-referencing, haha!

Also, I don't have a lot of time to spare, but would be happy to help when able. I went to college in Kentucky and lived there for 7 years after graduating, so there is a special place in my heart for the bluegrass state.

The more I look into the 1980s missing and unidentified cases in Kentucky the more it seems Kentucky was an unbelievably corrupt place at that time.

I recently came across something called “The Company” a group narcotics officers that worked for the Lexington Police Department that began their own drug and weapons cartel that operated into the mid 80s. I’m uncertain of how much truth there is to this but this in conjunction with the cornbread mafia and other forms of organized crime it makes sense that so many would be missing or unreported with the free reign that criminals would have in such conditions.

The more I look into the 1980s missing and unidentified cases in Kentucky the more it seems Kentucky was an unbelievably corrupt place at that time.

I recently came across something called “The Company” a group narcotics officers that worked for the Lexington Police Department that began their own drug and weapons cartel that operated into the mid 80s. I’m uncertain of how much truth there is to this but this in conjunction with the cornbread mafia and other forms of organized crime it makes sense that so many would be missing or unreported with the free reign that criminals would have in such conditions.

It WAS corrupt.....back then the L.F.U.C.G. (Lexington-Fayette-Urban-County-Government) police department was one of the most corrupt in the country. If you haven't read Bluegrass Conspiracy, by Sally Denton, by all means dive in to it...it is a great read, a real page-turner. She had to leave the state after writing that book.

Also, have a look at my thread on the still-unsolved triple murder in Clark County from back in 2010, that is, I think, in the Cold Case section.

Last edited:
It WAS corrupt.....back then the F.U.C.G. (Fayette-Urban-County-Government) police department was one of the most corrupt in the country. If you haven't read Bluegrass Conspiracy, by Sally Denton, by all means dive in to it...it is a great read, a real page-turner. She had to leave the state after writing that book.

Also, have a look at my thread on the still-unsolved triple murder in Clark County from back in 2010, that is, I think, in the Cold Case section.

I will check it out and that should be the next book I get. As of now I’m reading up on the cornbread mafia. I believe there was so much covered up in the 80s due to the criminal organizations infiltrating law enforcement that so much needs to be reinvestigated and gone back over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back