Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like someone spoke to him about not being so combative with the press and public.
To be fair, he got on that call last night after such a whirlwind event that I can’t in good conscious fault him for letting his frustration and emotions get the better of him. He is human after all. I imagine he probably felt slighted. For Brian’s parents to have all of a sudden claimed he’s been missing was a major plot twist for all of us so I can only imagine what it felt like for the LE and detectives who’ve been doing the brunt work to find Gabby.

I do hope they find her soon. The area is forecasted to get a little snow early next week with a low of 16. Luckily it's not supposed to be a lot, but just shows the weather is changing quickly there. Over the late fall/winter, they get A LOT of snow in that area (14 ft was a number I saw).

It would be an awfully bold move for the parents to know he hightailed it to Mexico, and let the FBI search high and low for him. imo.
The parents don't necessarily know where he went. They probably knew he was taking off, but would not report him as missing for a few days. But if they suspect at all that he is suicidal, they are not doing themselves any favors. Of course, if they DO know where he went, then they are obstructing a now-federal investigation.jmo

FBI Searching for Brian Laundrie as Gabby Petito case continues to gain national attention - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)
[...]

As of Saturday morning, the North Port Police Department is searching the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve on foot.

SEARCH-FOR-LAUNDRIE-IS-ON-1024x567.jpg

Officers said Laundrie was known to frequent this park.

According to his family, Laundrie entered the park earlier this week.

North Port police originally believed Brian was inside the family’s North Port home until Friday evening. Investigators said there is still no official crime here, and these are still being considered multiple missing person cases.

[...]
This small (160-acre) park adjoins the much-larger Myakka State Park (37,000 acres), so they're going to have quite a time actually finding him. Myakka is huge and wild, plenty of gators, plenty of places to hide, plenty of places to meet your end.

*based only on my own experiences and these are my thoughts/opinions ONLY***
Ok, I have SO many questions. If these have been answered I apologize I have tried to read what has already been posted. I am a domestic violence survivor from an 8 yr relationship at a very young age, so I do feel that gives me some insight. I am trying very hard to be fair and not jump to conclusions. I think most people feel that this beautiful soul will sadly not be found safe. I think most feel we know who did it.
1. How did they meet?
2. How long has she lived w his family in FL?
3. Where did they get the money for this trip? It’s not cheap to travel the US, even if you live in a van. Food/gas/hotel, etc
4. How did Gabby get this van? It was hers, so how did she pay for it? Money is a primary stressor in relationships, it also welds a silent power. If one partner has more money than the other partner or contributes more monetarily to a relationship it can skew the sense of balance or power in the relationship that’s why I feel it’s important here. If Gabby paid or her family paid for that van and financed the majority of this trip it could give Brian a sense of being marginalized or having less to being to the table. Increasing the need to exert some type of power of control. Not saying that’s the case I’m simply asking the question and throwing the possibility out there & why I think that the money is important.
5. Were road trips common for these two? Ppl with anxiety or OCD in a small space for an extended amount of time can be a recipe for disaster.
6. I have not heard from Gabby’s family or friends that there was a history of abuse or strong concern for abuse by Brian, has anyone read or know if there was a history? It seems like she was fairly close with her family since she FaceTimed them three times weekly, so I feel like if she was really struggling they would be aware or know something was amiss. Nothing I have seen or heard indicates he had a bad temper. Locking her out of the van and trying to get away from her is as much for her safety as his, even though it’s her van. It makes me think that whatever happened was spontaneous and in a heated moment. The problem with that is then why not report it? why not tell the truth? Why is his family not cooperating? Why wait 3 DAYS to tell police he’s gone other than giving him ample time to run? I understand protecting your child but I have three of them and under no circumstances would I protect any of them from a murder. Because as a mother I know how gut wrenching it would be to not know where my child is. It’s bizarre.

The boyfriend has gone on the run for one of three reasons imo.

1. He hurt her and is on the run knowing sooner or later he'll be arrested. Maybe something that was revealed the past day has spooked him?
2. Similar to above but he plans on taking the cowards way out and take his own life as to not face police and possible imprisonment.
3. He feels guilty for potentially leaving Gabby alone and driving himself home so he decides to go where he last saw her in an attempt to find her.

Moo but if it was the third option the fastest thing to get her to safety is to just tell the police, “look we had a fight and I left her at X and drove off.” And then let the police send in the literal army if they need to, to try to find her before it’s too late. As much as I want it to be #3, unless he has a very deep seeded hero complex, and cares more about the attention he would get for finding her than he does about her actual safety, it isn’t number 3. It’s probably number 1.

Why are people assuming that they have info to give?
What if your 24 year old unexpectedly returned, alone, from a long-term trip. Without his fiancee, who had been living in your own house. You wouldn't ask him any questions? Just resume taking care of his shelter, food, and daily needs? At the very least they should be detailing exactly what questions they asked, and exactly what he answered. This idea that they received no info from their son doesn't make sense.

I noticed he had rock stacking in some photos and thought about his spiritual practices and meditations.. maybe just for the photo but he appears to want to be in tune with nature.

There were also stacked rocks like that (a cairn) found right next to a bumch of discarded items that LE were allegedly looking into, at Big Cottonwood Canyon outside SLC earlier this week.

The items, which may or may not have been anytning to do with GP, included a smashed plate that had been written on (a “wish plate”), from the visual shared online. Purely my opinion but the handwriting appeared to share a few quirks and similarities with that of GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288