Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the current search for him as much more of a search for Gabby in that finding BL could lead to her location. It is a discrete location vs. all the huge potential areas that Gabby might be located.

I agree, but I'm concerned that both are or may become recovery rather than return operations.

This is such a sad case. Youth, potential, taking off on an journey that contains so many elements of the dream life -- adventure, freedom, wilderness, the open road, and so on, and ends in the wreckage of twin search operations in two (maybe more) states to bring home the missing and possibly prosecute a killer.

This is very hard to watch unfold. Hopefully GB's family will find some answers, and not have to deal with another ugly twist in the road before they do.

I'd be too scared now,but way back when I was their age I was invincible......or so I thought. When I look back at the misadventures I took at their ages, I shudder. I was SOOOO lucky to not have been assaulted or worse. Most were great adventures and many were outright dangerous.

I agree with that.. Though i think this a bit different for males and females too. Not in a sexist way, just sadly seems more men looking to take advantage of women than the reverse

Article updated SEP 18, 2021
Woman says she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie hitchhiking (fox13now.com)
Police have confirmed a TikTok users claims that she picked up Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of missing woman Gabby Petito, while he was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August.

FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."

[...]

North Port Police
@NorthPortPolice

The North Port Police Department, FBI, and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie. His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week. More details when available.

7:36 AM · Sep 18, 2021

Yet another unbelievably selfish act. Now taking resources from finding Gabby to find BL on the run. The family must be ashamed of themselves. Suddenly they are concerned and want help? I wonder if the irony is lost on them.

#findgabby

Camping in vans is inherently dangerous. It is only one step up from sleeping in a tent, where one is terribly vulnerable to all kinds of dangers--two-legged and four-legged. A van provides much less protection than sleeping behind the locked doors of a home. There is no bathroom-so if you have to go in the night, you have to exit the van. Anyone can walk right up on you in a van and you wont know it if you are asleep.
Moo I'm pretty sure if you checked crime statistics it would show camping is safer than living in a city

Clarification please....is it the Carlton PREserve or the Carlton REserve? This link says PREserve: Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

But I keep finding info on the Carlton REserve. Also, if it is the Carlton Reserve, this not-for-profit has trail cams throughout. But time would be of the essence because according to their site: "We do not usually store videos due to their file size but archive wildlife data and save a selection of still images"

Trail Cameras
Probably a typo on my part.

Camping in vans is inherently dangerous. It is only one step up from sleeping in a tent, where one is terribly vulnerable to all kinds of dangers--two-legged and four-legged. A van provides much less protection than sleeping behind the locked doors of a home. There is no bathroom-so if you have to go in the night, you have to exit the van. Anyone can walk right up on you in a van and you wont know it if you are asleep.
Moo I'm pretty sure if you checked crime statistics it would show camping is safer than living in a city

Camping isn’t inherently dangerous. Millions and millions camp every year with no issues. Heck, millions and millions and millions of people in this world live outdoors every single day of their lives with shelters that most Americans would call “camping”.

Why are people assuming that they have info to give?
Because they did not speak to Gabby's parents at all- did not answer calls or texts. If they didn't know a reason not to answer the calls, then they would just pick up and answer.

They knew they shouldn't answer; therefore they have important information.

at first her parents could not contact them. At some point i think the father that who maybe lives in Florida went by BL parents house to find out why they could not get into contact with them and found the van back at his parents home. The missing persons report, van impound etc happened within a day or two after these events.

Her father didn't go to the house, he called the PD. His lawyer released a statement about that
and the police confirmed.

Speculation here, but perhaps BL is hiding for a period of time long enough to let body evidence (e.g., scratches, bruises) heal?

Perhaps he is already driving back to Wyoming?

No. They will find him today or tomorrow, and I speculate that he will be found dead. The suicide note will tell them what happened.

At this point, give all behavior, I would not expect that note to lead to gabbie. I pretty sure he does not know.

I agree I posted the same thing about 5 threads ago. MOO
The plan was to arrive by Halloween at her relatives place in Oregon....they may have just found something cute to give to them and put up an early post. ...as a way of saying...see you soon ....plus America sells holiday stuff two months early everywhere...maybe it was a joke, we have no idea

Last edited:
I've camped my whole life. In tents out of tents, in vehicles etc. in some very remote locations. I've NEVER found it dangerous. The driving to get there is far more dangerous.

I feel certain Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner the two married campers murdered in Moab by a psychopath last month would not share your high opinion as to safety of camping. Here are some other recent camping murders:

Man Charged With Two Murders After Bodies Of Missing Campers Found - WOUB Public Media

Widow of murdered California camper files $90 million lawsuit: report

Missing Ohio campers found shot to death in separate spots; suspect arrested

Re: barefoot hiking

I think he played it up as part of his “persona” and what he wanted people to think of him. I think he did it in places it was easy. Where there were smooth rocks, easy trails. If you stay on trail they’re usually just dirt in a lot of places and it would be easy to be barefoot. This is why I don’t think they go on the experienced hikes they claim to. Or he at least wears shoes when he does those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288