Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think they mean? iCloud? Google?

If you subpoena Google they can give you GPS records down to what room in a house a phone is located if the phone is logged into any Google service. It's insane.

If they can track where his phone was versus her phone around that timeframe of the 26th-9/1 that will be telling to see if the phones pinged together. Considering the mother did not think the text from Gabby that was sent on the 27th and 30th were from her. Yes all of the above with google and cloud although it's my understanding those records can take a very long time to get.

From all appearances he is voluntarily missing UNLESS he made threats of self harm, I think it’s unlawful to access his phone unless he’s a suspect. I’m not in LE or an Atty, so I would love the opinion of one.

But would LE devote this much time if they thought he was voluntarily missing? I'm at a loss as to the police spending so much time looking for him unless they are classifying him as endangered. It seems LE is still saying he is not wanted.

47871953-9990735-Laundrie_s_father_62_year_old_Christopher_Laundrie_pictured_was_-a-59_1631654733340.jpg

Laundrie's father, 62-year-old Christopher Laundrie (pictured), was seen mowing his lawn on Monday, and refused to comment on his son's whereabouts North Port police urge Brian Laundrie to cooperate in Gabby Petito investigation | Daily Mail Online

Thank you. IIRC that sweet silver Mustang wasn’t in the driveway that day either. Just the overhead camper. I guess that made lawn care easier but was it a way to cover up an escape by BL? Seems odd to me he made the yard a priority during a catastrophe.

From all appearances he is voluntarily missing UNLESS he made threats of self harm, I think it’s unlawful to access his phone unless he’s a suspect. I’m not in LE or an Atty, so I would love the opinion of one.
They may be able to access the phones if they are considered missing and in danger. Imo

this has moved so quickly since I was here last night so sorry if this has already been asked… <modsnip> My general question is, is it a crime to know about a crime and not report it? Then find out later and they’re charged for withholding information. If so, if is a state by state law? TIA

His parents may have done him in. ISPs and hosts (like Google, Facebook) accept subpoenas related to criminal investigations OR missing persons cases. So LE may now have access to all of his records because he is technically a missing person lol no criminal warrants needed
Yes, BL going "missing" is the best case scenario for LEO to obtain data\evidence and open up dialogue with parents. He screwed up there IMO

crossi
Thank you. IIRC that sweet silver Mustang wasn’t in the driveway that day either. Just the overhead camper. I guess that made lawn care easier but was it a way to cover up an escape by BL? Seems odd to me he made the yard a priority during a catastrophe.
we don't know what he told his parents either.. He could have made a story up that sounded good and they thought he being honest when in reality his plan was to regroup or enjoy a few more days of what was his normal life.

Searchers might want to look for BL's distinctive gait. A person can disguise a lot of things, but usually not that.
Brian most definitely toes out (both feet) when he walks. I noticed that on the Moab UT police body cam video:
...around 42:00+ on the video

this has moved so quickly since I was here last night so sorry if this has already been asked… but some people on SM are saying his parents should be arrested. My general question is, is it a crime to know about a crime and not report it? Then find out later and they’re charged for withholding information. If so, if is a state by state law? TIA

As far as I know, yes, that's a crime. But so far - very technically - no evidence of a crime yet. No one can be arrested yet.

If they can track where his phone was versus her phone around that timeframe of the 26th-9/1 that will be telling to see if the phones pinged together. Considering the mother did not think the text from Gabby that was sent on the 27th and 30th were from her. Yes all of the above with google and cloud although it's my understanding those records can take a very long time to get.

But would LE devote this much time if they thought he was voluntarily missing? I'm at a loss as to the police spending so much time looking for him unless they are classifying him as endangered. It seems LE is still saying he is not wanted.
I think they're spending so much resources looking for him because he's their best chance at finding her. If he offs himself without giving up her last location or what happened, the chances of finding her are significantly decreased.

Last edited:
Ha you beat me to it. That was my first thought too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member