Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuba always seems to be advanced in their medical system.

From the article:

"Cuba is the only country vaccinating children that young, but Bencomo said scientists and health officials are comfortable with doing so because the Soberana vaccines “are very safe in children” since they use a traditional virus technology that is the primary platform for several vaccines already given to Cuban children."
Cuban scientists correlated the immune response in children with that of adults given the Soberana shots and children who had already contracted COVID. The Finlay Institute reported that “after two doses of Soberana 02, 99.3 per cent of the 3-to-11 year-old children and 92.9 per cent of the 12-to-18 year-old children had an antibody response four times higher than the pre-vaccination level.”

Do vaccine requirements work? Let's check

@United
went from 59% to 90% vaccinated in 6 weeks

@DeptofDefense
went from 76% to 89% in 3 weeks

@LSU
went from 63% to 81% with a month left

@FoxNews
@aboutKP
@RutgersU
are all at 90% or above.

So yes, vax requirements work

https://twitter.com/benwakana46/status/1438896508779311109

Should schools require students to get the COVID vaccine?

Los Angeles became the first major school district in the country to issue a vaccine mandate when its Board of Education unanimously voted last week to require all eligible students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend in-person classes.

The most vehement opposition to student vaccine mandates echoes many of the complaints that have fueled pushback to school mask requirements. Critics say it’s unfair to force children to get the vaccine when they face a very low risk of severe infection and there’s substantial evidence that schools can be kept safe using other mitigation strategies.
board on Thursday voted unanimously in favor of the policy.

AAOwnPJ.img
© Students attend in-person instruction at Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California.

Others fear that a large share of parents would pull their children from schools rather than comply with the mandates, a step that would subject many students to inadequate distance learning over a medical choice they’re not able to make for themselves.

What’s next
A major factor influencing school COVID policies is the fact that there are currently no vaccines approved for children under the age of 12. Experts say emergency approval of the first vaccine for 5-to-11-year-olds could come before the end of the year.

Love you guys. Thanks all for hanging in here and continuing to post information, etc. It’s been a long road. And frankly I’m really depressed about it all. Who’s not. Glad we have each other.

Anyway. Stay well all.

❤️

Nice post thanks :)

The Good News Network: Positive Stories 24/7

Good News Network
American Online Newspaper

The Good News Network is an American online newspaper which publishes positive and uplifting news stories.

Arkansas Researchers Find Potential Cause of ‘Long Haul’ COVID-19 Symptoms

At the heart of the team’s findings is an antibody that shows up weeks after an initial infection and attacks and disrupts a key regulator of the immune system.

As many as 30% of COVID-19 patients experience lingering fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath. The cause of long COVID-19 has eluded scientists, but the UAMS team’s discovery sheds important new light on the molecular-level mechanisms behind it.

“Everything that we’ve found is consistent with this antibody as the instigator of long COVID, so it’s an exciting development,” Dr. Arthur said.

Last edited:
Nice post thanks :)

The Good News Network: Positive Stories 24/7

Good News Network
American Online Newspaper

The Good News Network is an American online newspaper which publishes positive and uplifting news stories.

Arkansas Researchers Find Potential Cause of ‘Long Haul’ COVID-19 Symptoms

At the heart of the team’s findings is an antibody that shows up weeks after an initial infection and attacks and disrupts a key regulator of the immune system.

As many as 30% of COVID-19 patients experience lingering fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath. The cause of long COVID-19 has eluded scientists, but the UAMS team’s discovery sheds important new light on the molecular-level mechanisms behind it.

“Everything that we’ve found is consistent with this antibody as the instigator of long COVID, so it’s an exciting development,” Dr. Arthur said.

I think that it was always knows that long covid was an autoimmune disorder, but finding the antibody is pretty exciting.

Yah, maybe they can target it with a therapy - could be a way to neutralize it or whatever you call it in medical terms.

They can make an immune regulating drug that the antibodies can attach to in order to mop up the antibodies. I don't think that is difficult to do. But those drugs generally have serious side effects.

The drugs aren't specific enough and will wipe out some other antibodies in the process.

And each person will need something a bit different. Their antibodies are not all the same, some target the brain, some cause fatigue, etc, everyone is a bit different, so researchers will have to come up with many options in order for there to be one that works well for a specific person.

Sometimes I feel like Robinson Crusoe, though at least this time, the past couple of weeks, I do have the company of a bubble buddy.

Even though I've always craved for and loved my alone time, you can have too much of a good thing.

Keep safe everyone! I'm feeling there will be an end to all this, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Off topic, I bought a new laptop a few months ago and now I'm getting the message that my version of Windows 10 will soon not be supported.
For heavens sake :rolleyes:

Love you guys. Thanks all for hanging in here and continuing to post information, etc. It’s been a long road. And frankly I’m really depressed about it all. Who’s not. Glad we have each other.

Anyway. Stay well all.

Adelaide store owner bans vaccinated shoppers from his shop

The owner of 'Gigantic Signs' has banned shoppers who have received the vaccine from entering his store.

Peter King placed a sign in the storefront window of Gigantic Signs on King William Street in Kent Town, Adelaide.

A warning is written in bold red letters telling vaccinated residents they are no longer welcome.

'Do not enter if you have been Covid-19 vaxxed,' the sign reads.

The owner of 'Gigantic Signs' has banned shoppers who have received the vaccine from entering his store.

Peter King placed a sign in the storefront window of Gigantic Signs on King William Street in Kent Town, Adelaide.

A warning is written in bold red letters telling vaccinated residents they are no longer welcome.

Brilliant way to get free publicity.

I bet vaccinated people shop there anyway if they really want something from the shop. What is he gonna do about it?

"Thanks for your business"

"Your welcome, by the way I am vaccinated" ...ha ha ha!

~ Door slams shut on the way out ~

Vaccinated customer enjoys purchase......

And I was wondering about his sign. I presume his business made them.

I can see some other shop owners, probably in the minority who might want to buy his no vaccinated signs.
Maybe he thinks there are a lot more business owners who think like him than there really are.

I bet vaccinated people shop there anyway if they really want something from the shop. What is he gonna do about it?

"Thanks for your business"

"Your welcome, by the way I am vaccinated" ...ha ha ha!

~ Door slams shut on the way out ~

Vaccinated customer enjoys purchase......
I think it's a safe bet most vaccinated people will shop elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken