Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the whole video.
Wow!!!! The whole speeding thing totally left my mind as i was so focused on them discussing GP's behavior!!! You are so correct. No speeding violation. . . i wonder if they ran his license even?

GP hit his arm and then he hit the curve.

I wonder if police had follow the strict DV protocol and filed charges against GP and force them to separate more than one night, so much heart ache could have been avoided.

BTY, I got out of a physically abusive marriage. When I finally called the police, they made him leave the house. This was in the 1980's so they were not encouraged/forced to file charges against him. Wish they had as maybe it would have forced him into counseling.

Instead I just got protective order and then divorce. He refused to go to counseling.

Thank for attaching the map. So BL would have approx 5 hours to get back to the van on foot, pack up and get to Jackson for the gas station sighting. I believe he hiked into town, took a shower, purchased the tarp that was mentioned by the couple that picked him up and got dropped off at the damn and walked back to van. I think he needed that tarp. Maybe the van was a mess or had Gabby in it so he could risk driving it to get a good shower and tarp. I'm hoping LE is scrubbing those camp store area cameras.

If in deed he asked the couple for a ride to Jackson bailed at that damn there was a reason. He told them the capsite was in the oppositedirectio, North. I think he was tryingtothrowthem off. Otherwise he'dhave to walk way back North to the van and be in Jackson by 11pm.

Wow!!!! The whole speeding thing totally left my mind as i was so focused on them discussing GP's behavior!!! You are so correct. No speeding violation. . . i wonder if they ran his license even?

They ran both of their licenses. You can hear it in the video and they blank the audio when the officer is giving their personal information.

In the Suzanne Morphew case, the key piece of evidence in the state's case is that SM was active messaging friends and then was never heard from again after 2:47pm EST the day before she was reported missing. They say this is evidence that she was killed shortly after that time. The fact that she stopped responding to everyone and did not access any of her accounts, etc., shows she was no longer alive.

In this case, we know the last time GP spoke to her mom was August 25. LE will know from her social media accounts the last time she posted or accessed her accounts. They'll know the last texts, calls, etc. They will be able to see if there is a change in her pattern behavior - was she super active every morning until a certain date? Was her phone usage sporadic after a certain date? Did everything stop except one text to her mom on the 30th?

If so, that's important. If she were alive, there would be no reason to completely change her digital behavior even if she decided to stop talking to her parents. If she drove back to FL, she would be using her devices as normal during the long drive home.
Thank you for bringing that up- we know LE has tracking in both their cell phones now so I think they may have a very good idea of her last texts, etc - my guess remains late 8/28 for any last contact but I will hold on to hope … JMO

This picture originated from a neighbor who was also protesting last night, this pic was posted on the PD Twitter last night, I didn’t post it here as MSM had not picked it up yesterday. It was taken yesterday about 1-1.5hrs before police were at the parents house
Yes. I just went back to watch some video of the protests in front of their home and the neighbors seemed very convinced it was him and described the direction he went from the house.

100%. I didn't come into this case with any pre-judgement. I watched the youtube video and the bodycam video. Obviously not an ideal relationship but there is a lot of love there that can't be faked. Something happened, probably. Not sure what. She could have gotten lost, she could have left, he could have killed her, she could have had an accident. I'm here in this site to try to make sense of it. But I am not in the place to see him as a monster. If there is evidence that shows that, I'd like to hear it. Right now, the only thing that folks are using against him is that he hasn't talked about what happened. Nor has he told us why he hasn't spoken about it. My take on it is he doesn't know where she is and he is more upset about it than anyone. If you're looking for scenarios that could explain his actions, you could start with she left him. To me, that's as likely as he killed her. I wish we would focus on theories, and not grudges. Surely he's in a tough spot and if it had been me, I would likely be sharing. But he's not me and I don't know his reasons. I think he's scared, and I think he's sad and I don't think he intentionally killed her. And I hold out hope that both of them will be found alive.

Even if he didn't harm her, factually he knows more than what he's saying(because that's nothing). He is a witness, a very important one (at the very least).
He can give a first hand account of what was happening between them, where they were, what her state of mind was, why she was (hypothetically) leaving him and the van, what her plans were, anything she said that might help them find her.
He's doing nothing.
I can understand him (or anyone can) being nervous and hesitant to talk to LE. But if it's someone you love(d),. And you had no direct involvement, you tell LE what you know.. You want her to be found. Bring your lawyer along. Tell your lawyer you WANT to tell them what you know, but you want him there to intervene if LE goes beyond what you're comfortable with.

It has been his complete silence, his avoidance of LE and her family, the lack of any communication to anyone from Gabby.. His actions are not helping Gabby, her family, searchers, ..only himself. Imo

Police prepared for 'agitated' encounter with Laundrie
North Port police are prepared for “the worst,” including a possibly agitated encounter with Brian Laundrie.

A combined task force of the North Port Police Department, FBI and related agencies entered the Carlton Reserve Saturday morning. Officers and agents entered the heavily wooded area wearing body armor after Laundrie’s parents reported him missing since Tuesday and named the reserve as his possible last known location.

“I think you always prepare for the worst and hope for the best,” North Port spokesperson Josh Taylor told Fox News. “You have to have your guard up, you have that potential.

”When asked if officers expect Laundrie to be agitated, Taylor said, “Have you been following the news? Yea.”

Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES

Wait...she had marks on her throat yet the cops were thinking about arresting G because B had some little scratches on his face? I'm new to posting this thread, been trying to follow along without commenting but this, I had to ask.
There has been no mention of any marks on Gabby’s throat other than this poster making that claim. Gabby did not say she had marks on her throat, nor did she say Brian choked her. The woman Ranger spent a lot of time talking to Gabby, as did the Sergeant with the beard and Officer Robbins. Gabby said Brian grabbed her face, not her throat.

This has been brought up a couple times. Yes, we know he had wireless earbuds. Does no one else here have multiple sets of earbuds/headphones??? LOL!
The amazon link showed an armband that had wireless pod holders. Why would you wear a pod holder with wired headset?
Aside from that, I think the photo should be disregarded for now.

Because unless BL's parents are lying, he's back in FL on Sept 1, which means he drove nearly nonstop (and speaks to state of mind).

Hello,

This is an interesting thing for me to think about that lines up with the thing that has drawn me to this case in the first place.

Thinking about Sept. 1st arrival date for the van at the house, where did that date come from? His parents? Maybe, but then we have to wonder at what point did the parents decide to stop cooperating with police?

Also, before diving into that speculation, I believe it may have been the sister who mentioned that she hasn't heard from Brian since Sept. 1st. His sister seems to not have a problem speaking out, and it sounds like she has been speaking with the police.

So as far as where the information came from about his arrival with the van on Sept. 1st, I don't think it would have come from his parents, since the police didn't try to reach out to the parents until after the missing person report. Sept. 11th or Sept. 12th. And at that time, according to the police, his parents referred them to a lawyer.

The police were sure they knew where he was this entire time, but how could they possible know. I think it is a really good question to also ask, when was the last time Brian was seen? From all accounts that have come forward, it would have been at the hotel checking out on August 24th.

Yes we have the information about a possible hitchhiker some days later, but that is still yet to be confirmed.

It seems like communication on the both of them with their families stopped around the same time with the last text sent to her mom on the Aug. 30th and his last communication with his sister on Sept. 1st.

There are some really big gaps in the timeline IMO especially with regard to actual communication and sightings of these two.

As far as driving non stop, assuming the start time was when her mom received the message on Aug. 30th do we know what time that message was sent? Also, do we know the arrival time of the van beyond what I would say is speculated to be Sept. 1st.

I just did Chicago to St. Petersburg Florida in 17 hours. grueling for sure. I've also done Tampa to San Diego in 44 hours. I like to drive and get where I am going, my state of mind is calm and peaceful for the last 20 years of my life :)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
She’s the only one who admitting laying hands on the other.

That’s not true. He admits leaving marks on her in the police body cam. She has masks on her face.
(See post in thread 7 - #80) He admits pushing her. A witness says he shoved her and locked her out of the van. This was a mutual physical altercation.

Why police treated it as she was the only one, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288