Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that tiktok has convinced herself that the hitchhiker is named Brian and that he mentioned Gabby by name before he panicked and demanded that she drop him off immediately.

Other than her after the fact story where she mentions missing Gabby and suspect fiance, what else about her story aligns with facts? Why was she in "constant contact" with FBI for days and why did she then run to FoxNews? Does she want to help, or does she want attention?

She didn't run to Fox News. She did a TikTok and Fox picked it up (making it MSM). I believe LE, sooner or later, found her credible and that, along with the Dyrt itinerary, persuaded them to look at Spread Creek.

So it looks like they went from Teton, to Jackson, ID, back to Yellowstone? That makes no sense, if what I have read has happened. Thoughts?

I don't think that's what happened. So you are correct to think it makes no sense.

I do wonder a bit if it is a ruse. With his parents declaring him a "missing person," LE is able to access his digital records from Google, Facebook, etc., without a warrant or subpoena. It's their policy to cooperate with emergency requests regarding missing people.

This is super cynical but maybe LE has to pretend to look for him while they pull and review all his records to find Gabby. They seemed to be able to narrow down their search today to Spread Creek.

After seeing the local posts about all the manpower out at Carlton Reserve today...nah. No ruse on looking for him.
If, the parents have filed a false missing persons report, and have him safely tucked away somewhere, then they have bigger problems than they can imagine.

I haven’t seen many people consider this… What if Gabby and Brian parked the van somewhere or even left it at the campsite while they went on a hike TOGETHER. Somewhere during the hike is when something happened to her (IMO he killed her). Then he continues along the trail until he reaches the showers/camp store where he showers to remove evidence then asks for a ride from the couple that drove him to the dam because he is trying to get back to the van. He realizes while in their vehicle that he is going to wrong direction, so he asks them to pull over. At this point he either hikes back to the van or manages to hitch another ride (if this is the case hopefully whoever picked him up comes forward). Once he reaches the van he packs everything up and heads back to FL in a hurry. I think they should check any and all trails near Colter Bay where is was picked up.

Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiancé Brian Laundrie

Police say Laundrie’s missing status is “certainly a twist.”

Authorities used drones, scent-sniffing dogs and all-terrain vehicles in the reserve, which has more than 100 miles of trails, as well as campgrounds. Investigators took some of his clothing from his parents’ home Friday night to provide a scent for the search dogs.

Investigators in Florida were hopeful Laundrie was somewhere in the wildlife reserve near Sarasota. Depending on his skills, he could survive out in the reserve for some time, said police spokesperson Josh Taylor at a news conference.
Investigators were trying to verify the story told by Laundrie’s family members that he went in the reserve with only a backpack, Taylor said. One mystery is how Laundrie got to the reserve. Family members told investigators he took his car, but the vehicle was found back at his family’s home, not at the reserve.

Another long-time reader that this case has made into a first-time poster. I don't think Brian is in Carlton Reserve, and I doubt if he was ever really back in Florida. IMO.

I'm familiar with the kind of terrain in Carlton Reserve. Camping in swampy subtropical conditions is never fun, but this time of year it is close to hell on earth.

Based on their car-camping itinerary and on his behavior, Brian is far from a Les Stroud; he comes off as a poser who seems to have little or no real back-country knowledge, IMO. He wouldn't have lasted more than a day or so in Carlton Reserve on his own. I don't think he's in there.

Snipped by me

I agree. I’ve never been in that part of Florida, but I am familiar with humid, swampy, buggy, damp environments. Neither one of them strike me as being any where near a survivalist and van living, although tough, is nothing like being in the middle of a swamp.

The body cam showed us that they had completely run out of water in the van. I can’t see Brian being able to survive in those conditions for very long, even if he had taken sufficient supplies.

MOO
IMO

BL’s parents are enablers. Pure speculation but I believe they knew what mess he was in before he left Idaho or Wyoming, or wherever he left GP. He had to have access to funds in order to buy gas, food, etc. on his route home. Clearly, GP and BL didn’t have any.
My guess is BL’s parents know exactly where he is. I wouldn’t put it past them to cry wolf about BL being “missing” to take the focus and resources off of finding GP. BL’s parents have shown the nation who they are since the beginning and they’re not changing. They had no desire to talk about GP when the police were at their house, they only wanted to focus on finding BL.
Enablers all the way. I believe they know much more than they’re saying and all of their actions are to protect and hide BL.

Here's one possibility that gives them some benefit of the doubt:

1. That he left the house telling them he needed time to himself, but didn't come back when they expected him to/was gone long enough without being in touch that they began to be worried.

2. That they went to the park knowing that's where he would likely go, or because he told them he'd be going there.

3. They decided to drive the car back because they were concerned what LE would do/think if they found his car abandoned there. Including that it might make him look guilty. They knew he could walk back if need be, but weren't sure themselves if he was even still there, or assumed he likely wasn't.

4. They waited as long as they possibly could to get LE's help, hoping to hear from him, but didn't. Figured at that point they had to take the risk and ask for LE help, but still wouldn't talk about what they knew of Gabby's fate, in case Brian was found alive.

I’ve considered that exact scenario, and it’s definitely plausible. But what I can’t understand, is why - when they have kept BL so tightly under wraps, they let him venture out alone? He could be confronted by members of the public, LE, press, etc. Under the circumstances, considering he’s the POI in a high profile missing persons case, letting him go to into a wooded “wilderness” area alone is a recipe for disaster. They had to know this was a bad idea. I know he’s an adult, but I wonder if they considered the potential ramifications. I just think they’ve made some really questionable decisions that no matter how this case is resolved, will affect them negatively forever. ETA MOO

Last edited:
I'm sure that tiktok has convinced herself that the hitchhiker is named Brian and that he mentioned Gabby by name before he panicked and demanded that she drop him off immediately.

Other than her after the fact story where she mentions missing Gabby and suspect fiance, what else about her story aligns with facts? Why was she in "constant contact" with FBI for days and why did she then run to FoxNews? Does she want to help, or does she want attention?

She didn't run to Fox News. She did a TikTok and Fox picked it up (making it MSM). I believe LE, sooner or later, found her credible and that, along with the Dyrt itinerary, persuaded them to look at Spread Creek.

Never seen this before? Re: financing the trip.

Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery

Ms. Petito, the oldest of six siblings, had been working as a pharmacy technician to save money for the trip. She met Mr. Laundrie at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, Mr. Schmidt said. They began dating after graduation and moved two years ago to Florida, he said.

BBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member