AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would like to see an actual timeline. I'm confident the answers will be reavealed one way or the other. MOO
Agree AoA
The real time line worked out by investigators would help so much, but so far they are keeping it close to the vest.

You would think they would want public help with witnesses to come forward re the timeline to validate it…..JMO

I am still hopeful Summer will be found, as well….

All IMO

I can’t believe the difference of this case, to say, that of Cupcake McKinney or Gannon….In those cases Police were very vocal, lots of press conferences, and the cases were resolved …. In what seems like a shorter period than the last 90 plus days of Summer’s Case…

All of them - missing children!

Why is there not a similar response for Summer????

JMO

I don't really see the relationship between Cupcake M, Gannon S, and Summer. Except that they're children who were all reported missing.

Gannon wasn't really missing. The person who reported him missing just hid him. There was blood evidence found in Gannon's room.

Cupcake was kidnapped and found ten days later.

Summer hasn't been found despite searches. Her house has been searched, but there apparently wasn't evidence of a crime.

People outside the family saw Cupcake on the day she was kidnapped. I know there was surveillance footage from Gannon's neighbor's house. I think there was actually video of Cupcake being kidnapped (excuse me if i have her case confused).

There was more to work with and things the public could perhaps help with in these cases.

Except hand out flyers, i don't know what the public can do in Summer's case. I don't really understand what is going on either, but i think every case is different.

The one thing about Summer's case being so devoid of information... Which they surely must know more than we do... Maybe if they let go of certain information it will cause some sort of problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we can help encourage and enable more of a MSM media response for Summer's disappearance? In my opinion, there are a variety of factors at work in her case that have diminished the response to a completely unexplained disappearance of a 5 year old child from her own home within apparently minutes- and with possibly up to five individuals from the same family as potential witnesses.
Three of those potentials are minors who have subsequently been removed from the home by CPS. There are previous indicators of possible CPS involvement with the family prior to Summer's disappearance. There is previous LE involvement with the family in regard to possible DV, as well as substance abuse, as well as illegal activity and its' resulting conviction of crime(s.)
This disappearance occurred in a disadvantaged, rural area of significant crime, with limited local LE capacity, poor family/advocate representation, and during a time period in this childs' life when they might have easily been largely invisible to the general public. Under school age, no pre-k or early childhood intervention, no daycare, no babysitters other than immediate family, summertime, rural physical environment, pandemic, etc.
Is it possible that the reason why Summer's case has not been 'picked up' and embraced by media is because when you have that sort off ball of yarn going on, it can be nearly impossible to find a loose string to begin to pull at?
Now on the other hand...it seems to me that there has been enough 'outside' intervention (CPS/LE involvement/DV call/drug activity in the area/etc) for there to have been multiple professional eyes on not only Summer, but the other children in the household as well. Would not be the first time that a community with limited or stretched thin resources re: family and child welfare either overlooked, underestimated, or simply didn't or weren't able to fully follow procedure in regard to at-risk children...and a child was injured, killed, or simply vanished as a result.
Is it possible there is no one in one, some, or all of those professional capacities, pushing for Summer to BE found?
I am in no way trying to fault local LE or child and family protective services for not pushing for more MSM involvement in order to keep Summer's case alive and her image in the forefront of endangered missing children in the US.
But it does seem a bit odd to me that they are not utilizing the media to help them in their investigation at this point.
Thoughts, anyone?

ETA In reply to December’s post … sorry I don’t know why it didn’t quote

What I meant to say, and obviously I didn’t explain it well, was that Police seemed to be all over those cases ….

And very vocal, and certainly not raising the point that their budget couldn’t accomodate a missing child search ….etc ….etc

And that Police found those children, relatively quickly with their policing approach, where as they haven’t found Summer, and has staying quiet contributed to that..????

Probably not … I was just pondering the different approaches by Police regarding missing child cases …..

The one thing about Summer's case being so devoid of information... Which they surely must know more than we do... Maybe if they let go of certain information it will cause some sort of problem.

Yes totally agree ……especially the part BBM

All IMO and hope that makes more sense.

It is not just Hawkins County Sheriff's department trying to solve this, it is also the TBI and the FBI.

There has been media attention, mostly local. They (eta LE) gave press conferences at first, then stopped. Eta.. the parents were interviewed.

Maybe this is not a thing that can be solved by press conferences? They said this was a very unusual case.

Summer did go to church and she was well known there. Although she went to church in Kingsport rather than in Rogersville.

Eta... Channel 11 did a good piece recently. But, both parents and LE would not talk to them.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we can help encourage and enable more of a MSM media response for Summer's disappearance? In my opinion, there are a variety of factors at work in her case that have diminished the response to a completely unexplained disappearance of a 5 year old child from her own home within apparently minutes- and with possibly up to five individuals from the same family as potential witnesses.
Three of those potentials are minors who have subsequently been removed from the home by CPS. There are previous indicators of possible CPS involvement with the family prior to Summer's disappearance. There is previous LE involvement with the family in regard to possible DV, as well as substance abuse, as well as illegal activity and its' resulting conviction of crime(s.)
This disappearance occurred in a disadvantaged, rural area of significant crime, with limited local LE capacity, poor family/advocate representation, and during a time period in this childs' life when they might have easily been largely invisible to the general public. Under school age, no pre-k or early childhood intervention, no daycare, no babysitters other than immediate family, summertime, rural physical environment, pandemic, etc.
Is it possible that the reason why Summer's case has not been 'picked up' and embraced by media is because when you have that sort off ball of yarn going on, it can be nearly impossible to find a loose string to begin to pull at?
Now on the other hand...it seems to me that there has been enough 'outside' intervention (CPS/LE involvement/DV call/drug activity in the area/etc) for there to have been multiple professional eyes on not only Summer, but the other children in the household as well. Would not be the first time that a community with limited or stretched thin resources re: family and child welfare either overlooked, underestimated, or simply didn't or weren't able to fully follow procedure in regard to at-risk children...and a child was injured, killed, or simply vanished as a result.
Is it possible there is no one in one, some, or all of those professional capacities, pushing for Summer to BE found?
I am in no way trying to fault local LE or child and family protective services for not pushing for more MSM involvement in order to keep Summer's case alive and her image in the forefront of endangered missing children in the US.
But it does seem a bit odd to me that they are not utilizing the media to help them in their investigation at this point.
Thoughts, anyone?
This case needs a really good investigative journalist IMO, or a big TV Investigative Journalism Special Program….. to bring this little girls plight to the attention of all. It’s a big story and deserves respect… iMO

With all of the undercurrents of trafficking and drug / alcohol use / abuse, etc etc, that are being spoken about in SM….. are journalists afraid of something or someone????

Lets hope someone is working on an expose behind the scenes ….

All IMO

ETA In reply to December’s post … sorry I don’t know why it didn’t quote

What I meant to say, and obviously I didn’t explain it well, was that Police seemed to be all over those cases ….

And very vocal, and certainly not raising the point that their budget couldn’t accomodate a missing child search ….etc ….etc

And that Police found those children, relatively quickly with their policing approach, where as they haven’t found Summer, and has staying quiet contributed to that..????

Probably not … I was just pondering the different approaches by Police regarding missing child cases …..

Yes totally agree ……especially the part BBM

All IMO and hope that makes more sense.

Maybe it has something to do with the criminal element?

If the police are shaking down people who are actively involved in crimes (eta... Different crimes than would normally be related to this case), they don't want too much media attention.

Do we have a solid idea of when the last time Summer was at church in Kingsport was, though? And if the Wells' had visitors from their church community out to their home- prior to Summer's disappearance? Iirc, many of the initial images of Summer used in the AA and soon after came from an unrelated party, and were of Summer at church during the Christmas holidays. That struck me as odd back then, and only even more so as time when on and it became clear that CW had many, many pictures of Summer at all different stages and ages.

It is not just Hawkins County Sheriff's department trying to solve this, it is also the TBI and the FBI.

There has been media attention, mostly local. They (eta LE) gave press conferences at first, then stopped. Eta.. the parents were interviewed.

Maybe this is not a thing that can be solved by press conferences? They said this was a very unusual case.

Summer did go to church and she was well known there. Although she went to church in Kingsport rather than in Rogersville.

Eta... Channel 11 did a good piece recently. But, both parents and LE would not talk to them.
Yes agree and I have followed every piece I can find on this case, I just don’t comment all the time….

If the police are shaking down people who are actively involved in crimes (eta... Different crimes than would normally be related to this case), they don't want too much media attention.
Yes agree ….. perhaps you are better at written expression than me … I think we are both on the same wavelength…

Hmm. I suppose that's possible? Do we have current info that indicates the TBI and the FBI are still actively investigating Summer's case? I know Summer is listed as a missing child by all agencies, and that the AA is still 'active.' But without the TBI and the FBI making routine and periodic statements indicating this is an open and active investigation...I'm not sure how we would know that was the case? Isn't Hawkins Co lead on her case currently? (Not to be confused with calling the TBI # with info...)

Yes agree ….. perhaps you are better at written expression than me … I think we are both on the same wavelength…
I read a lot. But, yeah, I think we have the same songbook.

I just keep thinking there has been heavy duty LE on this case all along, but still... Silence.

@Mountain_Kat It takes a combined, organized effort...Posters can flood news outlets with requests for media coverage, follow-ups, updates. This can be done by tweets, phone calls and emails.

Many of us are doing that, Chelly. The problem is, we need the parents to get on msm and keep Summer front and center. Not on Youtube, on msm. And they obviously aren't inclined to do that. Kat from the forest isn't media worthy...423Chase isn't media worthy. We are not this child's family. LE press conferences would be helpful, but if there's no update, what are they supposed to say ? But maybe, if her parents can't step up for her, we could band together as a community , stand out in front of the Hawkins County PD and hold up pictures of Summer ? I really don't know. To be perfectly honest, most locals I talk to feel that their efforts are all futile, because they don't believe they are looking for a living child. It's tough to talk yourself into a full weekend of posting flyers when you don't believe anyone is going to spot this little girl out and about somewhere. Yes, I did it. But to be honest, I posted every flyer somewhere where I knew outdoorsy people might see it and be looking for her body while hiking or fishing or boating or hunting. You can't imagine how depressing that is.

What Summer needs more than anything is for her family to advocate for her. That's not a judgement on my part, it's just a fact.

Media Relations | klaaskids.org

Last edited:
Hmm. I suppose that's possible? Do we have current info that indicates the TBI and the FBI are still actively investigating Summer's case? I know Summer is listed as a missing child by all agencies, and that the AA is still 'active.' But without the TBI and the FBI making routine and periodic statements indicating this is an open and active investigation...I'm not sure how we would know that was the case? Isn't Hawkins Co lead on her case currently? (Not to be confused with calling the TBI # with info...)
Idk, i think we need a local person to see who's still lurking around.

I read a lot. But, yeah, I think we have the same songbook.

I just keep thinking there has been heavy duty LE on this case all along, but still... Silence.
Yes I really hope there is heavy duty LE still involved too…

Summer deserves to be found…. And her little life to be valued…

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member