Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm-edited to remove a double post

I've always respected your opinions on this site, you've been here far longer than I have. If you think this tiktok siting is probably not true, as much as we'd all love to have it be true, I'm willing to treat as "interesting" and leave it at that. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Thank you. Not sure why I don't give this tip any special credibility - perhaps because it's just another tip on social media that was picked up by FoxNews, it is not information from investigators.

It's interesting in that the tip nicely aligns with the location where her mother said she was when they last spoke.
25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming."

Tiktok is in the same area at the same time. Tiktok and boyfriend picked up the hitchhiker, who smelled clean, travelled light, and had been hiking in the area for a couple of days. Was he a day hiker, or was he wild camping for days without food, sleeping bag or tent? Which makes more sense?

He was looking for a ride back to his vehicle, realized that he'd gone too far, asked to get out, or panicked and demanded that they stop the vehicle? Either way, he vanished into the wilderness.

It all happened very closes to where Gabby was when she last spoke to her mother.
upload_2021-9-18_22-4-4.png

Aren't people also allowed to park overnight in WalMart parking lots if they need a safe space?

Maybe the colloquially named "juicebar" is a "mobile juice cart/food truck" proposition and they haul it places, then set up for the day.

A mobile cart would need a fixed address for registration, and does not inherently have its own address, as it's a vehicle.
Yes but there aren't Walmarts in the wilds of NFS/BLM land.

The missing Long Island native Petito and her unaccounted-for boyfriend seemed to have recently started a profile on a website that bills itself as a “go-to resource for all campers.”

The account on The Dyrt is credited to “Gabby & Brian V.” Despite the unexplained use of Brian’s wrong initial, the profile appeared to have been started and operated by the couple in July.

There are photos and video of a white tent with orange trim that appeared to be the same tent in a YouTube video that Gabby posted on Aug. 19. There is also an image of a smiling couple next to a rock formation that appeared to be Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23.

The location of the profile was Colorado Springs, Colo., and the tag line read “traveling in our tiny van.” The account was created in July, and appeared to be last updated on the 29th of that month. The couple did visit Colorado Springs on July 8, according to a timeline of their known travels complied by The Post.

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie outlined road trip on camping site

Here's the Dyrt website referred to in the article.

Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s photos on The Dyrt

I really respect you Otto, but I disagree on this one. People should watch the 5 or 6 videos she has posted. Miranda said BL stated he left his "wife" (verified by Miranda's text to her mother) for several days, and hiked down the Snake River. Only Brian hiked away from the van.
She said he said "Fiancé" but she texted her Mom "wife"... prob if her mom was so worried, wife sounds better OR she just doesn't wanna spell fiance. I think her videos are legit, but srsly pretty much everything is speculation at this point.

I'm sure that tiktok has convinced herself that the hitchhiker is named Brian and that he mentioned Gabby by name before he panicked and demanded that she drop him off immediately.

Other than her after the fact story where she mentions missing Gabby and suspect fiance, what else about her story aligns with facts? Why was she in "constant contact" with FBI for days and why did she then run to FoxNews? Does she want to help, or does she want attention?
Help first and later attention maybe (when she realized she was part of a national story)? Is this the same tiktok woman that called her mom and told her that she picked up "Brian" the hitchhiker while he was still in the vehicle? I thought that's how it was verified by FBI. Apparently she had an agreement w/her mom to notify her if she was with a stranger on the road. I read that here earlier. Am I confusing that with another ride?

Yes. She definitely got somewhere with her tip. As I wrote, I find her imminently credible.
Maybe there was something about that trip that was ticked some boxes. We don't know the whole thing. Maybe there is some gps corroboration /dash cam stuff or something. Or tips which match this story but hasn't been made public.

Yep, there are nutritionist certifications. No sign that Gabby actually had any of them, though.

I stand corrected. I looked this up and it looks like it varies by state.

But someone calling themselves a nutritionist, as she did, presumably with no training (in an accredited institution) and no credentials, is terribly common. And when she called herself that, it immediately it clued me into at least part of her world view or social associations.

Spread Creek area closed in search for Gabby Petito

The Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in the Bridger-Teton National Forest on the east boundary of Grand Teton National Park is closed until further notice in conjunction with the search for Gabby Petito.

The FBI's Denver Field Office issued the closure notice at 7 p.m. tonight, Saturday, in coordination with its Wyoming Resident Agencies, the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, the Teton County Sheriff's Office and the Jackson Police Department.
Thank you for this. You must be very local. You are getting some key reports. Do you know if there is any factual basis to the report that 2 elk hunters spotted the van at Spread Creek on 8/29?

It's possible the "tarp" was an emergency blanket. Also, she said "they don't drink" during the body cam footage, but since then they have been seen at one or two bars, I'd be curious what they were drinking...

Even in this new age of telemedicine? Would someone so attached to an in-person physician set off on a long journey like this?
If he was having a mental health crisis he may have needed to be seen in person. But, I think it would take some time to get an an in-person appointment. Maybe he went home because they broke up or were taking a break from each other and while home he deals with the storage unit, not that he went home to specifically deal with the storage unit. Either way, I think LE knows why he went home as both sets of parents knew about it. Whatever the reason, it does speak to the state of their relationship but is it directly related to her disappearance? Unless he wanted the van and went back to kill her for it. But dang, that’s shallow.

My guess is they were taking some time apart.

I see this (see below) as the timeline. It's clear that Gabby disappears between late Aug 27 and Aug 29. Brian needed two days to drive home to Florida. We don't need tiktok to figure out when she disappeared or where she was last seen. That is widely available without tiktok.

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

26 July, 2021: two reviews added of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida.

29 July, 2021: she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park

12 August, 2021: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, GP and BL were at the Moonflower

12 August, 2021: afternoon, separated by PD. Video 2.

13 August, 2021: Brian's last post on IG of him alone

17 August, 2021: perhaps broke the engagement, Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane

19 August, 2021: video implying that they are at a campsite outside Capitol Reef National Park.

23 August, 2021: Laundrie returns to Utah

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

27 Aug 27, 2021: Gabby tells friend via Snapchat they was heading for meet up at Yellowstone National Park and she will call on her birthday, August 29, to solidify the plan.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

1 September, 2021: North Port Police Department said that Gabby's fiance, Brian Laundrie, returned home to Florida ten days before Petito was reported missing by her family.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Partial timeline from:
Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say
is THIS the last time they were physically seen together?
“24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie”

who has seen him physically since the 24th?

Is the next day the last time anyone SEES her alone (mom FaceTime 25th)?

“No one ever seems to help themselves by talking to the police,” said Gregg Lerman, attorney."

Pretty sad statement.

I agree - I don’t think his parents are lying. I DO think they’ve made poor choices and are only considering their son’s welfare. I also think, deep down, that they really believe GP is beyond help, which is why they’ve shown no interest in finding her. IMO. MOO

Poor choices can you charged with hindering an investigation. Not coming forward with knowledge is one way people get into trouble. Not being forthcoming is as bad as lying.

And I have seen today people say that his parents couldn't get charged if Brian isn't charged with a crime. Not true. I have seen people charged with obstruction type charges and serve more time than than the suspect they were lying for. I have also seen it when the suspect has been cleared and never charged.

You don't lie to LE ever. Not even about what you had for breakfast. And you especially don't lie to the FEDs.

The fact the FEDs are verifying the info the parents gave about Brian's disappearance says they don't believe them. The Laundrie's should be very worried.

They have treated this tip as special. First of all, LE has said that the tip is possibly credible. Second, they've been searching today in areas where that tip points.

BBM. I didn't realize that. Do you have a link handy? If not, don't put time into it.

Do FBI announce possibilities about evidence? Did the FBI say that the tip is credible, or did tiktok say that she was in "constant contact" with FBI before posting tiktok clips about her experience online?

So going back to the odd unbelievable txt to mom. "No reception in Yosemite ". Why did this occur ?

1. A clue for mom of out of the ordinary behavior and to provide a GPS location in the case her situation had changed for the worst ?

I can not imagine another reason of txting mom this nonsensical txt.

2. Another person had access to her phone, determined who her mother's contact info and sent the txt to provide a reason to not respond to mom's calls.

I presume that the phone location for Gabby are where they are currently focused in their search.

But still, why the txt message ?

If it wasn’t sent by Gabby a possibility may be:
To throw off the location. Have officials later searching in a place where she wouldn’t be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288