Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to nail down why exactly BL was where he was with respect to the TicToc woman <modsnip> They are just potential snapshots of BL, GP and or their van at various times and places within a huge geographical area that serve to supplement FBI's understanding of the situation. If the witnesses were interviewed by the FBI, that's good enough for me as they made it through the preliminary call-in rounds etc. Despite the large amount of non-credible sightings, the online activity on this case, including IG, TT, TW, FB and Reddit has yielded more eyes/ears on the ground which is what LE ultimately needs. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and not the same blue tarp you buy at home depot to wrap a body in. Very different.

How do we know what type of tarp he had. She just said tarp. Heck, it could have been his hammock and she mistook it for a tarp. But I am not backing his 3 day camping trip story. I am just saying people sleep under tarps all the time, year round.

It was in a news article, not a press release. Of course, now I can't find it.
I can understand why a statement from the FBI would be more convincing, but it certainly doesn’t seem like they generally comment about tip credibility after looking through their press releases and media presence. It’s possible they leave that to the local authorities.

I found her to be credible but that may be because I’m a Mom who would have reacted exactly like her mom. I believe she did state that he said his name was Brian but did not mention Gabby by name.

This article was posted in a mod note at the beginning of thread 10 or 11, iirc

The 27th was a snapchat to a friend, confirmed by a different family member.

I'd sure like to know more about it.
Yes me too! Didn't remember that it was a snapchat.
So something happened likely after that and before the 29th.
Now leaning to the 28th, unless the night of the 27th...maybe.

Gabby Petito: FBI and Park Rangers search campsite believed used by missing YouTuber
[...]

A team of FBI agents and park rangers have carried out a major search of a wild campsite believed to have been used by missing YouYuber Gabby Petito.

Several dozen officers from the FBI, the US Forest Service, Teton County Sheriff’s office and other agencies, spent hours on Saturday searching for clues at the site at Spread Creek Road, about 20 miles north of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

[...]

Officials have said very little about the search or what they may have found. The National Park Service said the operation was being led by the Denver office of the FBI. That office did not immediately respond to inquiries.

Yet, it appears the area, a so-called dispersal camping site which has no facilities appears to be considered for several reasons.

It is just a few miles from Jenny Lake, where a member of the public claims to have seen the white 2012 Ford Transit van that Ms Petito and her boyfriend were using for their cross-country trip, on 25 August.

It is possible that the couple may have stayed at the site. It has been widely reported that Ms Petito did tag numerous a number of potential campsites on an app called The Dyrt, among them this one.

It is also less than ten miles from where another visitor to the national park, Amanda Baker, said she and her boyfriend, gave a lift to Mr Laurie, who was hitch-hiking by himself on August 29.

[...]

upload_2021-9-18_23-26-27.png

upload_2021-9-18_23-26-14.png

We don't have to nail down why exactly BL was where he was with respect to the TicToc woman <modsnip>. They are just potential snapshots of BL, GP and or their van at various times and places within a huge geographical area that serve to supplement FBI's understanding of the situation. If the witnesses were interviewed by the FBI, that's good enough for me as they made it through the preliminary call-in rounds etc. Despite the large amount of non-credible sightings, the online activity on this case, including IG, TT, TW, FB and Reddit has yielded more eyes/ears on the ground which is what LE ultimately needs. JMO

Well, assuming that the TikTok sighting was correct, that time is pretty well established by time-stamps on related communications.

Don't forget WS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes me too! Didn't remember that it was a snapchat.
So something happened likely after that and before the 29th.
Now leaning to the 28th, unless the night of the 27th...maybe.
I’m not sure if this is a thing all the young folks do but my kids send almost all of their Snapchat’s with just random pics not necessarily selfies. So a Snapchat doesn’t mean it was her either necessarily. Have they said?

Agreed. You don't do tarp camping without a sleeping bag. And he didn't have one.
That's why I think he was "lost" instead of out camping, and he may have only had an emergency blanket with him (aka tarp).

Grizzly population is crazy in the area. Just 6 hours NW of Jackson is where the bicycle rider from Chico lost her life per here. On Sep 1st, 25 miles away down the Snake River, the Fish and Wildlife euthanized a Grizzly per here. Mike Boyce tracks the bears in the area, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been brought in to research the bears in that area during the 27th - 30th.

If he did all that carrying & hiding (somewhat) her body, he would get in the car looking unclean though. Tiktok said he didn't even smell at all. After all that, I'd assume he got scruffy.

primitive camping isn't that difficult. Heck its easier than typical camping. You have a lot less stuff to worry about and to carry. I've actually seen a "backpacker" who didn't even have a backpack. He had a very big trench coat that he stuffed the pockets with various stuff and just curled up in the coat to sleep. I've seen people roll up in a tarp like a burrito - no tent, no sleeping bag. You don't have to be Grizzly Adams to do it.

But I don't think he was camping anyway. I think they were at that dispersed site LE is checking and went off to do a sunset Instagram pic and he had a tarp and his backpack and a few other things for the short adventure. They fought. He killed here. Then he carried her body far away from the site and ditched her. By then it was dark and he got lost and ended up miles from the van when the sun came up and had to hitch a ride back to someplace he recognized before he could find the van again.

I don't know Florida, but it's on the ocean? Could he have just sailed off somehow? But with who, how? By himself? Whose boat, etc. I feel like this takes the cake for dumb question of the day. :)
I think he's on the west coast too by Tampa. So, it's not even like he can go to Bimini easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire